Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help - Question About Prom

Okay this is just a stupid quick question I have but I cannot find the answer anywhere online and any help is much appreciated. I got the notification that a school dance would be happening soon and I can ask sims to be my date for the prom and whatever, but that was in the last time I played. I've since saved and logged off and logged back on, so the notification telling me when prom will be is gone. I'm just wondering if there's somewhere I can look to see when prom will be? I hate not knowing how much time I have left to get my teens dates and such lol Thanks in advance!
hLhdCsO.jpg

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    I think is only Thu,Fri,Sat,Sun so that should give you a idea.And when the day comes the game will tell you.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Chi5678Chi5678 Posts: 268 Member
    Okay thanks @CravenLestat . A follow up question about the prom- if a child sim ages up to a teen before the prom will they get to go?
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    edited January 2019
    If you click at the school, there will be a "go to prom" option. If it's gray, I usually get the day of that prom from there (like hovering the mouse over it, like most opportunities)
    Chi5678 wrote: »
    Okay thanks @CravenLestat . A follow up question about the prom- if a child sim ages up to a teen before the prom will they get to go?

I believe so.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    If you click at the school, there will be a "go to prom" option. If it's gray, I usually get the day of that prom from there (like hovering the mouse over it, like most opportunities)

This is what I do, and I believe you must have a teen sim selected for the (greyed out) option to appear (mouse tool tip will tell the day and time). Or I write the day on a post-it note and attach it to my monitor.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    LOL! I've been having to allow maintenance contractors to enter my apartment while I'm at work. They can't really use my computer for anything as it's not left on and logged in while I'm away, but I wonder what they might think of a sticky on the monitor that says "High School Prom, Sat 6pm" if they were to notice in passing. I'm a little old for proms myself, these days. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Chi5678Chi5678 Posts: 268 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    LOL! I've been having to allow maintenance contractors to enter my apartment while I'm at work. They can't really use my computer for anything as it's not left on and logged in while I'm away, but I wonder what they might think of a sticky on the monitor that says "High School Prom, Sat 6pm" if they were to notice in passing. I'm a little old for proms myself, these days. ;)

Omg I literally laughed so hard at this!! :lol:

@igazor @TreyNutz Hey do either of you know.. One of my sims has her IF as her boyfriend but IF's can't leave the home lot til they're made real right? So my sim will be going "without a date", is it possible for romance to start with another sim and her being accused of cheating? If you don't know that's fine ill let it play out and just save before and repeat if all else fails. Or do you know if there's a way for IF's to go to prom? I don't care if they think she's crazy! lol
    hLhdCsO.jpg
    Afraid I can't answer that as I've never played with IFs long enough to get to the prom stage. I seem to be missing the required age demographic from both ends here. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @Chi5678 , I have no idea on your IF question. I haven't played with IFs in years; didn't like them and got a mod to prevent the dolls from being sent to newborns. Before I got that mod I did have a sim of my marry his IF, but I don't recall what I did about prom. That was a long time ago. It's possible I made that particular IF real at the teen stage.

I have had sims with two steadies before. One was added at the prom and the other was from...hmmmm.... possibly my own interactions with another teen sim? I don't recall exactly. It might be the case that your sim ends up with a RI from the prom in addition to having the boyfriend relationship with the IF. You can change that easily with NRaas MasterController and its Cheats module, if you use mods. Otherwise, I'd invite the RI over ASAP and 'ask to be friends'.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I had a Sim attend a Prom alone (with a boyfriend at home) and he did acquire a romantic interest. It didn't trigger accusations of cheating, and asking the new RI to just be friends the next day (when she attended his birthday party) did not negatively impact their relationship.
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @igazor Bwahahahaha! :D:D:D I was thinking sort of the same thing, but not quite to such a creepy factor. LOL.
  • monjr8302monjr8302 Posts: 256 Member
    I think is only Thu,Fri,Sat,Sun so that should give you a idea.And when the day comes the game will tell you.

What?!?! Mine are always on Wed!!! 😳 wonder if it has to do with my seasons settings?!

@igazor 😂😂😂😂😂
    monjr8302 wrote: »

What?!?! Mine are always on Wed!!! 😳 wonder if it has to do with my seasons settings?!

@igazor 😂😂😂😂😂
    Proms are from Generations, their programming shouldn't have anything to do with Seasons or seasonal lengths/settings. I've never seen a prom be scheduled on a Wed unless NRaas StoryProgression is used to change the allowable days of the week. Are you using NRaas SP?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    igazor wrote: »
    Proms are from Generations, their programming shouldn't have anything to do with Seasons or seasonal lengths/settings. I've never seen a prom be scheduled on a Wed unless NRaas StoryProgression is used to change the allowable days of the week. Are you using NRaas SP?

I've gotten proms on a Wed. I assumed it was due to the game scheduling them since I've never changed NRaas SP settings to change allowable days.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I've been using NRaas SP for a long time now, but I think I used to get proms on other days of the week than Thursday through Sunday, before I started using SP.