Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Chat and Q & A *new question*

EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
I always have so much I want to talk about regarding sims 4. Because I play this game every day :o . Im actually going to start playing only on nights or weekends, because I let Sims 4 take up to much of my productive time I could use doing other (real life :smile: things )...BUT I really enjoy this game!

Anyhow, this is a thread, for us to chat about what we're currently doing in our games! And ask questions of other sims 4 players o:)

So you guys, is anyone running a business? Im thinking of building a small flower shop for my sim! I have no interest in running a restaurant , at the moment but a flower shop would be neat and fun! :)
"Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
Post edited by EnjoyfulSimmer on

Comments

• EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited January 2019
    So my Barbosa-Gomez family paints, gardens and tinkers in bee-keeping. Im also going to add a flowershop business as soon as I can ! :) Ive only been playing this *new* save for a few days, so they still have very little money .But I can already feel it! They will be comfortably middle class!
  • MypilotMypilot Posts: 60 Member
    Ah, the ideal place to be. xD I never liked too fancy homes, I'd rather have a modest yet stylish lil home! My current save has one business. My first sim, Robert, used to be a scientist, but he quit that career in favor of creating his own video game company! So now he just spends the day doing that, and he's gotten quite a following over it. Everybody wants to be his friend now that he's all almost-famous-but-not-quite. lol

Do you usually do your own business stuff or do you put your seems into the regular ol' careers more often?
    I have never owned a business! I dont even have enough money to get one started now! I just got started in my save . The husband of the Barbosa-Gomez family has a career as a gardener. Im going to allow him to keep that and max that career. And I also want him to garden at home.

His wife is a painter and has a job writing for a living. She just got into bee-keeping, to sell honey! And it will take a while to affford the flower shop business I want! @Frightful316

I was just on Carl Sims 4. Apparently the tech career/streaming, is an excellent way to make a living! The thing you're doing? :) Can't wait to try it!

• MypilotMypilot Posts: 60 Member
    @EnjoyfulSimmer Yeah, it's been fun! I have a habit of doing the same professions, so it's neat to try something new. It's kind of like a new addition to the game, but it's actually just something I've ignored for the better part of forever xD
    Me too! But now Im excited to give it a go, and it will be fun to either build the flower shop or find one I like on the gallery :blush:@Frightful316
    Question of the day! Is it still cheating if you use free real estate to put a family in a slightly over budget starter home, but make them work to earn more money after that? :smiley:
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Question of the day! Is it still cheating if you use free real estate to put a family in a slightly over budget starter home, but make them work to earn more money after that? :smiley:

I do that pretty much all the time when I create new background sims so I don't usually count it as cheating.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
    AriaMad2 wrote: »

I do that pretty much all the time when I create new background sims so I don't usually count it as cheating.

I can't just create a family and then not play them! Because they are always so adorable. So, what about if I DO play em? @AriaMad2
    AriaMad2 wrote: »

I can't just create a family and then not play them! Because they are always so adorable. So, what about if I DO play em? @AriaMad2
    I have no idea if I consider that cheating or not tbh. I guess I do since it’s with the household you’re playing??

• aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    As has been said, because there's no win situation, I don't consider it cheating but simply a means to an end. When I play instances where my sims need funds to buy the house (or subsequently any additions), I look at adding a large percentage of the property value as a mortgage, then calculate a repayment scheme with appropriate interest depending on the family unit. I use 'cheats' most of the time when the base game doesn't have anything to cover what I want my sims to do.
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
    aldavor wrote: »
    As has been said, because there's no win situation, I don't consider it cheating but simply a means to an end. When I play instances where my sims need funds to buy the house (or subsequently any additions), I look at adding a large percentage of the property value as a mortgage, then calculate a repayment scheme with appropriate interest depending on the family unit. I use 'cheats' most of the time when the base game doesn't have anything to cover what I want my sims to do.

I really wish the game would add mortgages! It would solve a lot of my dilemmas! Im going to keep suggesting it be added as an option until it happens! @aldavor
    What I ended up doing eventually was just building a cheaper home they could afford and its still a super cute house! :smiley: I cant cheat! I dont want to because it ended up being boring @AriaMad2
    What I ended up doing eventually was just building a cheaper home they could afford and its still a super cute house! :smiley: I cant cheat! I dont want to because it ended up being boring @AriaMad2

That’s okay! You do what makes you feel comfortable. Maybe when your sims start making money, you can build it up more and more!

• CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    Lately I have been really into UFO shows and Aliens and what not.. So, I decided I am going to start a new save and make an alien. My alien will have landed on Earth to study the humans, and do experiments on their DNA by mixing it with her DNA... Maybe she will even become a vet so she can research the animals too. Oh, and a gardener so they can study all the plants... Ooo and an archaeologist so she can study minerals. I wonder how the rest of my sims will handle this new alien in their world :#

I think I may even make my alien a celebrity.. Has anyone had a famous alien yet?
    2ynjgg8.png
    Hey, so rotational players! How many families do you guys rotate between? Right now I have two. But I think I was to rotate between 2 more! <3
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited January 2019
    I am trying to go through a save rotating to every family eventually. It is hard though, as I start having fun with one family and don't want to leave them. Then when I do, I feel reluctant to as I don't want the game to play them while I am playing someone else, so I save them and start a separate save for the next family. I have mcc for story progression if you were wondering. At this rate I will end up having too many saves, but disabling story progression is not something I want to do as that is why I got mcc in the first place. lol One of these times I am going to leave a family and not make another save and see what happens with the family lol.

You might ask how can someone have too many saves? Well I find the more saves I have the less likely it is that I will get back to them.
    I dont want story progression, so playing rotationally doesnt change too much. It does keep my sims progressing in their careers while im not playing them though! Which I like! :)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I dont want story progression, so playing rotationally doesnt change too much. It does keep my sims progressing in their careers while im not playing them though! Which I like! :)

With the MCCC mod, households marked as Played don't get affected by the story progression. I've marked all the premade households as played while working on my template file, and so far I haven't seen any marriages or deaths (I also have aging turned off). So maybe something like that so your rotational households are immune from story progression while the rest of the world changes.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • A_Kat_called_Louie1A_Kat_called_Louie1 Posts: 1 New Member
    I boought my sims 4 around a year ago and hadent played in a few months and tried to log on but i got told i needed a code to re download it but i bought a disc and i think i lost the code with it is there any way i can still play it with out a code but with a disc?
    please help!
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Hey, so rotational players! How many families do you guys rotate between? Right now I have two. But I think I was to rotate between 2 more! <3

I started with two and now have six! I was going to start a couple of the families just to have more variety for future spouses and can't let them go to just be NPCs.