Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Camera issues in sims 4

I'm building a castle in my game right now and for whatever reason, whenever I try to zoom in on a certain spot my camera will jump high up as if I'm on the floor above and I can't view what I'm working on properly. Hopefully I'm making sense, but just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue?

Comments

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I am having the same problem with builds so I switch it to top view and try my best to work from there.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    I've had something similar happen, usually when a small room is involved. I've started using the arrow key to move the camera's view forward rather than zooming.
    image.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I'm building a castle in my game right now and for whatever reason, whenever I try to zoom in on a certain spot my camera will jump high up as if I'm on the floor above and I can't view what I'm working on properly. Hopefully I'm making sense, but just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue?

I get what you saying and at times I find it irritating, this happens for me whether it is SIms 4 mode or Sims 3 mode.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    yea, the camera tries to jump over obstacles with leads to jerky motions. It's really annoying, but I think it's one of those things that are 'feature, not a bug'
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    There is a camera bug if your sims is living at the pennticles when there in the empty mansion you can buy the camera jumps up to the sky but this isn't limited to the mansion. It happens if sims are outside as well anywhere in that location.