Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use cheats?

Just curious.

I don't use money cheats butttttt if my sim needs to get to a certain skill I will turn off the needs decay so they can level up with no interruptions
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Do you use cheats? 148 votes

Yes
62%
bshag4lvverlainemSnosrap522LaBlue0314SimmervilleaprilroseCrazyboutTheSimsBlkBarbiegalUnDutchableHthr0120AlexaiMylitaPlayerSinger2010VibseIsb917BloosmooasimbsimMeteoraStormKementariAnmirla 93 votes
No
11%
vancanuckfan86icmnfrshLaceyroseelanorbretonkerryemmiebethSimpkinrosehrtgirlgnelso1239FlyingPotato659Jon the WizardshnailehmusteniSimtown15BusufuFeisbukaiteMindsimscreateThe_Ratticator 17 votes
Only when REALLY needed
25%
Akl500PFrn0731GoldmoldarIcewolfstoryymcruddSusanaLeoteIObellemock68mlmeadowsSarahTheRedPegasysorangehippogriffAdelaideMannwormstache999AngelEb95LyriePAM14109metalfenix_RafDeKay 38 votes

Comments

• Options
    beeblegoxbeeblegox Posts: 28 Member
    Yes, but it depends on what save file I am playing. I don't use cheats on my legacy and challenge files.
    Checkout our Youtube channel:
    8Swe8NF.png
    A Legacy Let's Play with two sisters sharing a Sims 4 save file.
  • Options
    nikkibuglovenikkibuglove Posts: 15 Member
    Yes
    If I'm playing a challenge where it says not to, of course I don't. However I will from time to time when just freely playing. I also use cheats when setting up backstories, or creating a new save to be a starter save. (I don't want all my replaced townies to be level one everything.) :)
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Only when REALLY needed
    Basically only MOO cheat. It is way TOO easy to make money in the game so I see not need for those cheats.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes
    All the time. Cheating makes my life and gameplay so much easier.
  • Options
    Yes
    > @NorthDakotaGamer said:
    > Basically only MOO cheat. It is way TOO easy to make money in the game so I see not need for those cheats.

MOO cheat? Haha sorry, what's that?
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Yes
    > @NorthDakotaGamer said:
    > Basically only MOO cheat. It is way TOO easy to make money in the game so I see not need for those cheats.

MOO cheat? Haha sorry, what's that?

It is move objects on ...makes it easier when placing items in build mode
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    Yes
    > @hunniboo1 said:
    > nikkibuglove wrote: »
    >
    > > @NorthDakotaGamer said:
    > > Basically only MOO cheat. It is way TOO easy to make money in the game so I see not need for those cheats.
    >
    > MOO cheat? Haha sorry, what's that?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It is move objects on ...makes it easier when placing items in build mode

Oh, I see! Thanks for clearing that up. <3
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Yes
    To me, "cheats" are just tools that aren't on the UI.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited January 2019
    Yes
    yes I always have the cheats on in the sims4 since I level up and give more money right from the styart to my sims as well as using a mod to max out there skills right from the start
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Yes
    The only cheats I don't use regularly are the money cheats - everything else is fair game!!
  • Options
    PenguinColadaPenguinColada Posts: 76 Member
    Only when REALLY needed
    I use the "Disable Decay" cheat often if I'm trying to raise a skill quickly.
    nwNhIHG.png
    Origin ID: FancyPatsyCat
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Yes
    I do, and the cheats I use depend. Some families are "no cheat" families, meaning I only use moveobjects when I build for them and nothing else, ever. Some are "if needed," so maybe they need kaching to pay bills or a mood adjustment so they can get they kids in bed. And then I have "full cheat" families (which were more common when I first go the game), who I give tons of money, cheat skills and/or relationships, as well as mood adjustment. Finally, there's a niche fourth category that's "for story" meaning that for story purposes I need to cheat. Like CAS young adults should probably have a couple skills, or these families hate each other but have never met, etc.
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Only when REALLY needed
    there are certain cheats I don't use, like money and skill cheats, but I use other cheats - like bb.moveobjects on and cas.fulleditmode. I also recently used the fill needs cheat for the first time, because my sim came home from the jungle and his whole family had needs in the red and I didn't feel like dealing with it. I've also once used aspiration point cheats to get my sim the re-traiting potion when I felt like she had changed as a person. (because the change trait cheats weren't cooperating with me.) So yeah, rarely, but sometimes. :)
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    No
    Not anything that makes the gameplay easier.
    I use the cas.fulleditmode cheat but that I don't even concider a cheat cause I just wanna add frkcles or eyelashes or tattoos or other skin details. I don't just play sims I've made in CAS myself.
    I've used the MOO cheat too which again I do not consider a cheat really cause it in no way helps with gameplay. Maybe if I was a builder and did challenges there then I would consider it "cheating".
    And rarely use the resetsim cheat which again I woukd not even consider a cheat cause I'm not goig to just stop playing if my sim gets stuck.

These are just codes to access more things in the game basically but don't affect the gameplay.

I have always said and will say it again - I will never understand how people have the right to complain their game is boring when they cheat relationships, funds, career, aspirations, needs etc. They literally take away the gameplay/challenge themselves and then blame it on the game and developers. Beyond logic to me.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    Only when REALLY needed
    I only use cheats for my machinima games. I don't use them in regular games.
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited January 2019
    Yes
    update : No! It was fun for a couple "sim days" but its much less fun than no cheats. Not gonna use cheats again. But everyone enjoys the game differently! :)
    Post edited by EnjoyfulSimmer on
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited January 2019
    No
    except
    cas.fulleditmode (if my Sims get too fat / muscular :D)
    bb.moveobjects (for decoration / building)
    seasons.set_season (for my fotostorys)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    No
    Whenever I cheat, I feel like there is no point in the game. Especially money cheats. It’s so easy to make money in the game, it’s actually kinda sad.
  • Options
    Jordyn78988Jordyn78988 Posts: 421 Member
    Yes
    I have certain saves where I cheat more than others. Sort of like each save has its own rules :)
  • Options
    The_RatticatorThe_Ratticator Posts: 28 Member
    No
    I only really use MOO, cas.fulleditmode, and resetsim. They aren't majorly game-changing, so I don't really consider using them to be cheating.
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    Only when REALLY needed
    I just use cheats for more money and building help or if a sim gets stuck.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I mean, define cheats? Moo? Yes, everytime I decorate. Money cheats? Never, unless I'm taking money away from my sims. To unlock items, rarely to never. Resetsim? When needed. CAS.FULLEDITMODE? It stays on in my game, with MCCC.

No, yes, or only when needed doesn't fit my answer. I use some, not others, either all the time or never.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    Yes
    Whenever I can justify it. As long as I have an in-story reason for the cheat, it is fair game and not really cheating in my book.

Only exception: The "teleport here" command. That one I admit I'm using to make my gameplay easier. Not to set up a scenario, not as a story-tool, but simply to get my way. Pure and simple cheating. I use this a lot on the movie studio lot and in large, multi-storey lots.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Only when REALLY needed
    I cheat rarely, though testingcheats and cas.fulleditmode are constantly on in my game. For the first time ever in Sims history, I barely know any of the cheat codes! I usually use some to fix things that have happened or should have happened - with the occasional kaching. Reset sim and the like I don't even consider cheating, just a tool. I did play around with the developer cheats for a bit once, but that was in a throw away save. :)
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Only when REALLY needed
    When I play my normal saves then I only use two cheats. Bb.moveobjects on and resetsim. The game becomes a bit borring if you cheat with money and needs.

Although I use the money and need cheats when we get new packs so that my sim can look for all the new collections and grow new plants, then I can update all my collection rooms in the gallery quicker than with normal none cheating gameplay.

Once all the rooms are updated then I usually start a new save and do it none cheaty, but then it takes forever. I still needto find more jungle adventure relics in my none cheat game. My sim just cant do it all in one go lol.