Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vet Clinic Property issue

Guys, I have a family made of a single father and his daughter, and the father owned a Vet Clinic. His daugther has been helping him since she was a teen, and has a level 6 vet skill. I was planning that she would manage the clinic when he died. Well, he died just now, but I was surprised to see I no longer own the vet clinic. She is a young adult, and when I went to visit the clinit, somebody else was running it. Was this supposed to happen? Did I do something wrong?

Comments

• floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Try repairing your game in Origin. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to work that way, but I have yet to have anyone inherit a business in any of my games, although I have a situation similar to yours where that will eventually happen. Hopefully I won't lose the business.

On a side note, did your sim receive any money, like the amount the business is worth if they were to have sold it?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Try repairing your game in Origin. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to work that way, but I have yet to have anyone inherit a business in any of my games, although I have a situation similar to yours where that will eventually happen. Hopefully I won't lose the business.

On a side note, did your sim receive any money, like the amount the business is worth if they were to have sold it?

She didn't receive anything, which makes it even weirder. I'm gonne try the repair, but I'm afraid its too late :( hopefully this is not going to happen to your sim
    edited January 2019
    From my understanding the business (in this case your vet clinic) is owned by the household, which is why it shows up up in the retail panel on every sim in the house. So, when one person in the house dies, even if it's the person who started the business, it should still belong to the rest of the family. Based on your initial post, I'm assuming the answer is yes, but did the daughter live in the same household as her dad? Or did she move out at any point before he died, which would remove her as one of the owners?
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
    From my understanding the business (in this case your vet clinic) is owned by the household, which is why it shows up up in the retail panel on every sim in the house. So, when one person in the house dies, even if it's the person who started the business, it should still belong to the rest of the family. Based on your initial post, I'm assuming the answer is yes, but did the daughter live in the same household as her dad? Or did she move out at any point before he died, which would remove her as one of the owners?

They were in the same household all the time. She moved to a different house soon after he died, though. Could that be the problem? I guess it might be a bug.

They were in the same household all the time. She moved to a different house soon after he died, though. Could that be the problem? I guess it might be a bug.

If she left the household afterwards, that might explain it. Unfortunately, it was never really explained how inheritance/ownership of businesses works in this game, so I'm not sure if it's tied to the lot, a specific sim, a family, etc. I would recommend seeing what information you can find. You could also try moving her back in just to see if it does anything. If it doesn't, you may just have to buy the clinic back.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    Guys, I have a family made of a single father and his daughter, and the father owned a Vet Clinic. His daugther has been helping him since she was a teen, and has a level 6 vet skill. I was planning that she would manage the clinic when he died. Well, he died just now, but I was surprised to see I no longer own the vet clinic. She is a young adult, and when I went to visit the clinit, somebody else was running it. Was this supposed to happen? Did I do something wrong?

If repairing your game doesn't do it, I would suggest rolling back a save to either just prior to his death or before the daughter moved out.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    This happened to me. It's because she moved houses. It doesn't make sense but that's why it happened.
    I tried repairing the game and moving her back, but it didn't work. What I did was going back to when he was still alive, selling the clinic and transferring the funds to the household. I might buy the clinic again and start all over (will lose all the stars and perks, but better than nothing).

Thanks guys! I hope they fix it at some point.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member

The clinic was probably sold together with everything else in the house when she moved out. The clinic is owned by the household.

The clinic was probably sold together with everything else in the house when she moved out. The clinic is owned by the household.

I would know, cause the clinic was worth more than 40k.