Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gridlines?

13...Next

Comments

• AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Turned On
    I really like your informative polls!

Among other usages the grid is useful when counting squares for example when placing a fire place in a big room, since the moodlet from the fire only reaches about 4-5 squares from it.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Turned On
    On, but only because it’s a force of habit, they don’t bother me unless I’m taking pictures when building, even then if they are on half the time I don’t even “see” them, I get so engrossed in building.
  • illustratahillustratah Posts: 34 Member
    Turned Off
    I have them off. Sometimes I wish that the lot boundary lines could be turned off as well for when I take screenshots in build mode.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Turned Off
    @JoAnne65 I'm glad I could help you learn something new. :blush:
    And I've been playing Sims 3 since day one of release and am STILL learning so many different things about it so you're ok. :kissing_heart:

@Auroraskies Aww. Thanks for the compliment. :heart: I'm glad to hear people are learning and finding enjoyment from my silly polls. :p

***Yeah perhaps I should've said instead of it being a Perfectionist thing to have them turned off because they drive me nuts, was to say that maybe it's an OCD thing. :lol:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Turned Off
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    Perfectionist here OP @emorrill ! and I prefer them on. It helps split the difference exactly evenly. Super useful for a perfectionist who uses symmetry as the main decoration guide 😂 I can understand how some would want them off. Sometimes they do get in the way for certain things.

Symmetry in interior decor is your jam huh? I prefer informal balance (asymmetry), so the grid is less needed, though still sometimes useful.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I didn't know you could turn them off! :-O
    But they can be useful when you create things a bit asymmetric as well ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • yoashmoyoashmo Posts: 528 Member
    Turned On
    I like them on for building and some furniture placements but off for decorating and personal touches.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Turned Off
    Gridlines Turned On is now in the lead!

Wow! :smiley:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Turned Off
    I turn them off because I find it too distracting and hard to see what I'm doing.
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    Goulsquash wrote: »
    My vote is kind of both? When building walls and wallpapering, I have them on. When putting in flooring and decorating with furniture, I have them off. Though I will sometimes turn then on briefly to see if a sim will have room to route properly past something.

Yeah, I didn't vote because of this. Sometimes on, sometimes off.