Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What was your most expensive painting sold?

My sim just painted this and this was a first for me to have sold one for this much

m7qpsm.jpg

What was your most expensive painting your sim has made and sold?
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Ooh, that's pretty pricey!
    Since you're a celebrity, I'm guessing you have the perk to make hand-crafted goods sell for twice as much?

I haven't made a painter since Get Famous, but it's nice to see that perk in action!
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I didn't take a screenshot, but with the Celebrity perk it was a bit over 20k. Before GF I had a few in the 15k range so I would think it can get close to 30k. Am kind of curious now and need to rotate back to one of my painters. :)
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Since you're a celebrity, I'm guessing you have the perk to make hand-crafted goods sell for twice as much?

I haven't made a painter since Get Famous, but it's nice to see that perk in action!

Drakos wrote: »
    I didn't take a screenshot, but with the Celebrity perk it was a bit over 20k. Before GF I had a few in the 15k range so I would think it can get close to 30k. Am kind of curious now and need to rotate back to one of my painters. :)

Well based off my research it seems like the large abstract paintings are bringing in the big bucks
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    I once had one around 10k, but more often they're 'only' 7000
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    My sim just painted this and this was a first for me to have sold one for this much

m7qpsm.jpg

What was your most expensive painting your sim has made and sold?

Dang, that's impressive. None of my Sims broke 10k, but they came close. I haven't played a painter Sim for a while. Now with Get Famous out, I'm curious to give it another try.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    I think the most I've seen one valued at was around $8400, and that particular painter consistently turns out paintings up to about that amount. Ironic, really, since that's one of the few households in my game I'm really dedicated to keeping poor. :p
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    When GTW came out I made a Sim to try out the retail feature. After she leveled Painting, had the reward traits, best easel and was very inspired, she'd consistently create masterpieces worth 8-11k. Highest ever was about 13k.
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I did not know paintings could sell for that much. I like I've sold painting for a few thousand, but nothing more than that. That's amazing.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Drakos wrote: »

Well based off my research it seems like the large abstract paintings are bringing in the big bucks

I've had a few in the $14K range, the large abstract as you say. I don't have GF, but paintings is definitely one area in which I'd expect fame to make a big difference in earning potential. Even bad paintings by celebrities sell well.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    FluffyPeopleFluffyPeople Posts: 1 New Member
    Yeah got 1 for 27k yesterday with the GF exp. Too psyched to take a SS. Got another for 18.4k today though, but no idea how to post a pic here.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Yeah got 1 for 27k yesterday with the GF exp. Too psyched to take a SS. Got another for 18.4k today though, but no idea how to post a pic here.
    That’s the cost of a small house!

Anyway, you need to be a full member instead of a “new member” to be able to post images, and then you’ll need to upload them to imgur or something.
  • Options
    YammzzYammzz Posts: 25 Member
    That's insane! I've never made anywhere near that much - most is like $215? Maybe I haven't played the career long enough though.
  • Options
    flotsetteflotsette Posts: 11 New Member
    You only get to these types of prices when you max out the level and paint when Very Inspired, but even then it's random.
    My best work so far was nearly 9k, but it's nice to know you can get even better!
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Imagine how high prices could get if paintings could gain value like they did in The Sims 3.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Oh man, I wish I could remember! My professional artist Brody died over a year ago-
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€