Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do you think the sims5 should have an option to transfer your save and sims and cc from sims4 to sim

friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
hello to all like certain games for the PlayStation 4 dynasty warriors 9 warriors orochi (ps4 game stated as example here) offers an option to transfer data to the new game if save from mention game have been found do you think they should do the same with the sims 5 for pc and mac? if the game discover or detect your save from the sims4 as well as all the sims you created in sims4 so that you do not have to recreate them in sims5?
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

do you think the sims5 should have an option to transfer your save and sims and cc from sims4 to sim 36 votes

Yes
19%
friendlysimmerstaydevCiarassimsSERVERFRAJoyGodzillaizecsonShannon0206 7 votes
No
69%
rudy8292PlayerSinger2010Isb917robyngravesBagoas77drake_mccartymarcel21Sk8rblazeCeCeDotClassicalSimelelunicymannannajude72plaEmmaVanevaniaescobarEliharbHoney_Pie_360CupidthatsnotswegItsJanier 25 votes
Other Please post
11%
IceyJstilljustme2TheGreatGorlonSheriSim57 4 votes

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Other Please post
    Chances are good that if Sims 5 is coming, it'll be a brand new game engine and new programming, so it might not be compatible with anything in Sims 4.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    No
    Considering Sims 5 would be a different game, I think that wouldn't work. The Sims apparences and clothing would be different, the worlds would be different, the furniture and build items would be different, the townies would be different, the careers would be different, I don't see how that could work.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    No
    No, I don't think that would be possible. The Sims 5 won't be the same game so I don't see how that could work. I don't think there would be a point in making a Sims 5 if it was the same as Sims 4.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    No
    I would be extremely unhappy with ts5 if it was so close code wise with ts4 that saves and the like could be transferred between the two. I hope that ts5 is light years better and more advanced than ts4.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Other Please post
    This would be a no go. Other games, like Dynasty Warriors and such will run off of the same engines and stuff for some future titles, which allows for compatibility. The Sims, to date, has never operated on the same engine as the previous iteration. Compare face design in TS2, TS3, and TS4 - they all operated a little differently, and some had aspects flat out removed or added in future versions that wouldn't allow for a perfect translation of that Sim from one to the other. I think there would be a little reward system like there was for TS3 to TS4 with the plumbob mood lamps for each expansion of TS3 you owned that TS4 detected on your machine, but that's probably the extent of what you'd get from having save files of older versions on your computer. I could also see them doing something like importing screenshots taken in TS3 in some creative way like on TVs or computer screens or some such, but again, that's a little different than trying to directly import a Sim who will most likely be running on a different creation engine.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited January 2019
    Other Please post
    It would be nice, but I think even if they could figure out a way to do it, it would be buggy..... and I don’t see how they could transfer skills over because they wouldn’t give us as many skills as we have with all the packs now. Same goes with objects. Besides I would rather have upgraded sims anyway.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    No
    this would never happen anyway, but even stepping into the realm of imagination for just a second I think it'd be awful
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    No
    nope, never happen ;)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Other Please post
    It's not possible.