February 21 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on PC/MAC. Patch notes here.
How do we choose our Maxis Faves? - Our curation guide got a revamp! If you want to get an insight on how Maxis Faves are curated, check it out!

What's with this Alexa thing?

Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 1,847 Member
What is with this Alexa thing? Is this being added to the game or is it something that Amazon wants us to buy?

Comments

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 2,506 Member
    From what I can tell, its simply an app for alexa enabled devices to play with. Its a simlish dictionary and some stuff like trivia.
    Ask for help! Even if you only get comfort and commiseration, that's better than always wondering if anyone cares.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 434 Member
    It appears to be an application for the Amazon Alexa devices. From what I’ve seen, you can get the Alexa app on your phone even if you don’t have an Alexa and get the app through there. I hope I explained it okay!
    ..:I Write Sims Not Tragedies:..
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 1,847 Member
    Thanks. It's not an addition to the game and since I don't have any Alexa devices it's nothing for me to worry about.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 1,873 Member
    It also plays sims music. Someone said it had like 7 hours of music from the entire series. It’s also free, the app and the sims skill. It’s nothing to do with the game but it’s pretty cool. Fun little side project from one of the devs.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 82,170 Member
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    What is with this Alexa thing? Is this being added to the game or is it something that Amazon wants us to buy?

The Developers decided to add it as a way to honor the new Lind Z smart speaker in the game although this is for your Amazon Echos and Alexa App not an in game feature.

Akl500P wrote: »
    It also plays sims music. Someone said it had like 7 hours of music from the entire series. It’s also free, the app and the sims skill. It’s nothing to do with the game but it’s pretty cool. Fun little side project from one of the devs.

It's missing some music from Sims 4 Packs and buy build cas but they said they might add that later.

• ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,349 Member
    dang I thought my sims could have an alexa in their home.
    ferret9005 wrote: »
    dang I thought my sims could have an alexa in their home.

Well they can if you place the Lin Z Smart Speaker.

• ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,349 Member
    thanks for the info .