Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby removed from crib shown in new render #freethebabies

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
With the Sims Alexa app came several new renders, one of them shows a baby removed from its crib.
index.png
The SimsGurus already talked about improving the baby life stage and removing it from its crib prison. Maybe the freeing of babies will come sooner than we believe... What do you think?
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Interesting render to use if they're *not* freeing the babies any time soon..
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Madachan88 wrote: »
    Hm this explains why this months update got delayed again to february. Big big update incoming.

Was there an update scheduled for this month? I had not heard that.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Hope they're hinting!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Although it's very interesting and would be amazing if they done so. But I am taking this picture with a grain of salt I don't expect them to do this for a long while if ever.
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'm not holding my hopes up because we have had several baby renders before with the baby out of the crib. But if that would be the case, so much the better.

Yes, there's a baby free from the crib in the 16th anniversary render (it's the same couple, heh)
    DQgYM3e.jpg
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Who knows? They did make that TS4 render of the CEO with his toddler long before toddlers were released. I'm sure they're also aware of the free the babies thing, so it could be in the works.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I have to say: the baby in the render looks cuter and much more lifelike than the one in the game. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    C'mon sims team, free our babies plz.
    giphy.gif
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    qKC2tJk.jpg

As mentioned, babies have been out of the crib for renders before.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    • Free babies
    • Slow dancing
    • R&B radio station
    • Vibrating bed

OK?
  • BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    Plum yeah! I hope they come soon. :smile:
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sadly they have been showing unleashed babies false advertising for awhile now the bassinet should have to be right next to it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I'm not going to get my hopes up, but having "free" babies would be wonderful!
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I hope it's real. The babies stuck in cradles all the time make me sad 😢 Real babies...okay newborns do sleep a lot and can't do a ton for a bit. But babyhood is one of our most interesting ages! It's when we learn about the world around us and begin to understand faces and crawling and rolling over for the first time.

And I really don't see how it'd be an issue to add stuff to this stage (not development wise but pleasing people wise) because if people don't like playing babies anyway they can still just age them up immediately. Not everyone wins but no one loses.

I don't expect them to add all this to the game but I'm just saying...crawling, tummy time, rolling over, maybe a playmat with interactive mobile...those would be nice.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Sadly they have been showing unleashed babies false advertising for awhile now the bassinet should have to be right next to it.

this.

its not the first time they showing this.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited January 2019
    I wouldn't really care either way, as I don't think freeing the babies from the crib alone will make them a more enjoyable life stage. But it's a boring life stage in real life as well, so I don't think they can make them in any way interesting. I hope they atleast give them a visual update. Out of all the life stages, they're the least human looking sims. We need some more skin tones for babies, I read so often about simmers wondering why their baby has a whole different skin color than the parents because it was just not available for babies. I would also love if they would implement a baby model with hair, because not every infant is completely bald :D
    Post edited by Huiiie_07 on
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I think the baby life stage is tremendously fascinating and endearing. Infants go through incredible changes in just a matter of months and all that could be incorporated into the sims 4 while aging up to toddler. It would also be so satisfying to see parents and siblings able to cuddle and feed the baby while watching tv or while sitting outdoors in the sun or hopefully taking baby for a stroll in a carriage(please provide one for us, devs). Freeing the baby would be epic and I am still hoping for this phenomenon to occur.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Imho this means nothing. And honestly, I don't really care. Unless they highly update the babies, adding strollers, changing tables and things like that, having the babies out of the crib will be whatever to me.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm not sure if it's possible at this point to free the babies without breaking existing saves, especially saves with the object babies already there.

I've come to terms with the object babies, especially since discovering that interacting with them (talking, bouncing, etc.) helps to build up the early stages of Parenting skill if you have the Parenthood pack.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Whenever there has been a baby in a promo render, it has always been that Sims 2 baby. For whatever reason they have never used the actual baby from the game. I don’t think babies are going to get an overhaul anytime soon even though it would be nice to have an in game baby that doesn’t look like a stuffed doll.
  • gladlypantsgladlypants Posts: 122 Member
    I almost always have the intention of keeping the baby around for "aw's"....then just end up aging them up after like 2 days because they are a bit annoying and don't bring much to my playtime.

Anyway, that is an adorable render though :)
    TB88pBc.png
    Gallery ID: gladlypants
    favorite gallery hashtag: #redditexchange
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    *artistic license*
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png