Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are drone videos always poor quality ?

Why are drone videos always poor quality ?
my sim: lvl 10 acting, lvl 5 photography, lvl 5 media production. All maxed
Drone is fully upgraded but I cant get anything but poor videos from it.
Help anyone please :)

Comments

• GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited January 2019
    You have to use the video station to upgrade the videos. Click the video station, then access its inventory to edit videos, add transitions and effects, and release your productions
  • ParvatiParvati Posts: 251 Member
    yup did all that, still poor quality :(
  • rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    edited January 2019
    Upgrade the drones with the handiness skill, something to do with HD quality.
  • dfstonedfstone Posts: 215 Member
    Drones never get as good of a picture as the video station does.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Are your main game Options for videos etc., on high enough? That might affect it. I never use them so put them on low.
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    It's weird that even with the HD Camera upgrade on the most expensive drone, your Videos never seem to start out above Poor quality.
    No upgrade = Poor
    After upgrade = Poor

It should at least bump it up to Fair, before editing it and adding effects at the video station.

Maybe there's intermediate steps in the same quality level.
    Like 0~1 quality = Poor
    Without the camera upgrade you start at 0.0, but with the camera upgrade you start out at 0.5, which would still be Poor, but closer to Fair than without?

Still, weird.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Same happened to me. First time trying it too. Got rid of it, not a fan of poor quality stuff :D

I just "live stream" with the Drone now B)
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    It's weird that even with the HD Camera upgrade on the most expensive drone, your Videos never seem to start out above Poor quality.
    No upgrade = Poor
    After upgrade = Poor

It should at least bump it up to Fair, before editing it and adding effects at the video station.

Maybe there's intermediate steps in the same quality level.
    Like 0~1 quality = Poor
    Without the camera upgrade you start at 0.0, but with the camera upgrade you start out at 0.5, which would still be Poor, but closer to Fair than without?

Still, weird.

Yes, I've noticed this. The drone upgrade is supposed to increase quality, but it just doesn't seem to help. I wonder is it working as intended, or is it a bug.