March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alexa, Play The Sims

Welcome to a brand new way to experience The Sims!

We are extremely happy to announce that you can interact with any Alexa enabled device to play with the Sims Skill.

Its free! The skill is available on all Alexa enabled devices that support English locale (US, CA, UK, IN, AU).
Don't have an Echo device? No problems! You can install the Alexa app for free on iOS and Android.

With the Sims Alexa skill, you can:
  • How about some tunes? We’ve queued up over seven hours of music from The Sims’ franchise for your listening pleasure. That’s 140 songs! And let us be the first to say, yes, that does include the ever-popular music from The Sims 3.
  • Let's talk trivia. Nothing says “I’m addicted to my favorite video game” like schooling all of your loved ones in a friendly game of over 200 Sim-related, brain-busting questions. You can play solo or with up to four players in beginning, casual, or challenge mode.
  • You can also learn fun facts about The Sims. Do you know when the first The Sims game was published, or what inspired the original game? Alexa will teach you!
  • Shhh, there is even a secret Simlish dictionary.

Please take a look at our announcement blog for more details! Play with the Lin-Z object available for free with The Sims 4.
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/news/the-sims-alexa-skill

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,633 Member
    edited January 2019
    Post some of your trivia questions here!

edited January 2019
    ALEXA, PLAY THE SIMS

If you’re reading this, chances are you like playing The Sims™ on your PC, Mac, console, or mobile device. But what if we told you there’s another way to have fun with the franchise?

We’ve teamed up with Amazon to create a new way to experience The Sims, Alexa-style. Basically, now you can bug your whole household with your love for The Sims. Or, they can get in on the action. Either way, this is gonna be good. This is a worldwide release, in five variants of English (Australia, Canada, India, US, and UK).

With The Sims’ Alexa Skill, you’ll be able to interact with three sweet features.

How about some tunes? We’ve queued up over seven hours of music from The Sims’ franchise for your listening pleasure. That’s 140 songs! And let us be the first to say, yes, that does include the ever-popular music from The Sims 3.
    Let's talk trivia. Nothing says “I’m addicted to my favorite video game” like schooling all of your loved ones in a friendly game of over 200 Sim-related, brain-busting questions. You can play solo or with up to four players in beginning, casual, or challenge mode.
    You can also learn fun facts about The Sims. Do you know when the first The Sims game was published, or what inspired the original game? Alexa will teach you!
    Make The Sims a part of your Alexa-ready home right now! All you have to do is have an Amazon-enabled device, then say “Alexa, play The Sims!” We hope you enjoy!

But Wait, There’s More!

Just because the Alexa Skill is IRL doesn’t mean your Sims can’t enjoy a futuristic digital personal assistant (say that three times fast). We’d also like to introduce Lin-Z, available in The Sims 4 on PC and Mac right now!*

kyMlVle.png

Here’s what Lin-Z can do for your Sims:

Play Music

Lin-Z mimics a stereo system. Embarrassing dance solo not included.

Play Trivia

Sims can choose to test their knowledge. The higher their Logic skill, the more likely your Sim will be to answer trivia questions correctly.

Order Stuff

Pizza, maid service, gardening service, or repair service. Yay, stuff!

Tell Jokes

Sims can ask for a joke and Sims near Lin-Z will react to it. Lolz.

Adjust Lighting

You know, turning lights on, turning lights off. It’s not rocket science, folks.

Check out these unique features today! For more information, be sure to watch this month's Twitch livestream. And while you’re at it, check out The Sims 4 Forums, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel. Sign up for The Sims 4 newsletter and get Grim's Goulish Guitar for free!*

*Requires The Sims 4 game (sold separately) and all game updates to play.

Alexa Skill may only be available in certain locales. Commands are currently only available in English.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/news/the-sims-alexa-skill?utm_campaign=sims4_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_the-sims-alexa-skill-tw-new&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=55371&ts=1547571008931
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Oh cool it is out now. Time to enjoy some Sims music while cooking. <3
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited January 2019
    My first trivia question.

What month was the Sims 4 released in?

April
    September
    December
    September

You have a choice of beginner, casual, or challenge mode.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,360 Member
    I haven't tried the trivia yet but I hear challenge mode is the hardest.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi! Hope you are enjoying the Skill!
    Heads up that I've moved and merged the discussion here - we have a new section for The Sims Alexa Skill now! :smiley:
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    If you're super good friends with Lin-Z, she will not only order you services on her dime if she detects issues at home (it's very big brother, but she can order pizza if your Sims are hungry, maids if the house is dirty, repair services if there are broken items), you can also get the interaction to ask her for a secret. She then tells you that on a similar device in another world, if you say one of like 6 Simlish words, you'll get a surpise. I'll find that list when I get home, but I'm curious what those words trigger on Alexa.
    Welcome to a brand new way to experience The Sims!

We are extremely happy to announce that you can interact with any Alexa enabled device to play with the Sims Skill.

Its free! The skill is available on all Alexa enabled devices that support English locale (US, CA, UK, IN, AU).
    Don't have an Echo device? No problems! You can install the Alexa app for free on iOS and Android.

With the Sims Alexa skill, you can:
    • How about some tunes? We’ve queued up over seven hours of music from The Sims’ franchise for your listening pleasure. That’s 140 songs! And let us be the first to say, yes, that does include the ever-popular music from The Sims 3.
    • Let's talk trivia. Nothing says “I’m addicted to my favorite video game” like schooling all of your loved ones in a friendly game of over 200 Sim-related, brain-busting questions. You can play solo or with up to four players in beginning, casual, or challenge mode.
    • You can also learn fun facts about The Sims. Do you know when the first The Sims game was published, or what inspired the original game? Alexa will teach you!
    • Shhh, there is even a secret Simlish dictionary.

Please take a look at our announcement blog for more details! Play with the Lin-Z object available for free with The Sims 4.
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/news/the-sims-alexa-skill

Thanks for the info. I'm glad to see a new sub forum added to these forums.
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Hi! Hope you are enjoying the Skill!
    Heads up that I've moved and merged the discussion here - we have a new section for The Sims Alexa Skill now! :smiley:

Thanks for the heads up.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    My Echo is playing Manage Worlds menu music from Sims 4
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    edited January 2019

What's the name of it? Alexa won't play this when I ask by that title. I need a name.

What's the name of it? Alexa won't play this when I ask by that title. I need a name.

I asked it to play The Sims 4 soundtrack and it plays music from the game (and I think from other games too)
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Listening to songs from The Sims 2 on my Echo Dot.
    So if this wasn't paid/sponsored by Amazon, than how were they allowed to do this with all Amazon devices?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    So if this wasn't paid/sponsored by Amazon, than how were they allowed to do this with all Amazon devices?

They did it with Alexa. Any device with Alexa should have it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited January 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

And who gave them permission to do that?
    How to download it on my phone?

Install the Amazon Alexa app from your phone's app store
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • SimGuruEmorySimGuruEmory Posts: 10 SimGuru (retired)
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

And who gave them permission to do that?
    How to download it on my phone?

Install the Amazon Alexa app from your phone's app store

Amazon actually offers their Skill Development Kit to anyone to make their own Alexa Skill, so if you have the programming know-how you too can make one :)

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/custom-skills/steps-to-build-a-custom-skill.html

After you make a Skill you can submit it to Amazon for certification. This is similar to how developers submit apps to companies like Apple and Google. Once it passes certification it's live for anyone to enable on their Alexa device!
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    This is so cool!
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Listening to music now. Haven’t tried trivia yet. Honestly this is pretty cool!!
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    I'm confused about how I get the Lin-Z smart speaker into my Sims 4 game. Help?
  • JennyggJennygg Posts: 1,574 Member
    I'm listening to The Sims 3 music right now. This is making me so stupid happy!! <3<3<3<3
    hC6F85532
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I'm confused about how I get the Lin-Z smart speaker into my Sims 4 game. Help?

It came with the free patch in December, so if your game has the latest patch you already have it. You can find it in buy mode.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    It seems like it will play random songs, but we can't request specific tunes. At least the ones I requested.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    ... Now I need to go buy an Alexa just for this.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€