Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

well the next pack be an ep or a gp ?

Comments

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2019
    ep
    We just got Get Famous (which is an EP), so I doubt the next pack we get will also be an Expansion Pack. Either a gamepack or stuff pack is much more likely, probably a Witches gamepack.

it was more like a game pack :#

a wouldn't choose a game pack over an expansion pack
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited January 2019
    gp
    I don't mind though, as long as it isn't another stuff pack.
    ep
    Simburian wrote: »

hopefully stuff packs are gone forever :p

• LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    gp
    GP. I hope witches. If not that, then farming. I'm sticking to my favourites with these. There are sufficient voices for romances and holidays, let an old woman enjoy what she enjoys :smiley:
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    gp
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »

hopefully stuff packs are gone forever :p

I liked the stuff packs, I hope they bring them back!!
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited January 2019
    gp
    I hope for some sort of Honeymoon GP. Including a beach vacation spot, of course!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    gp
    Either a game pack or stuff pack. I haven’t seen anything to say without a doubt the latter is no longer being produced, but it has been almost an entire year since we have saw either.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    My guess is it will be a Stuff Pack.

Maybe a game pack in March or April.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    gp
    The last two packs in a row were EPs. It seems most likely that an SP or GP would be next. My bet is on a GP since 2018 only had one.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited January 2019
    gp
    We just got Get Famous (which is an EP), so I doubt the next pack we get will also be an Expansion Pack. Either a gamepack or stuff pack is much more likely, probably a Witches gamepack.

Just because Del Sol Valley was small doesn't mean that Get Famous is a game pack. They focused on the celebrity system and the acting career is amazing!
    I do hope they've learned to not release worlds with suchs few lots ever again.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Captain_CCaptain_C Posts: 180 Member
    gp
    Good day all!

Since they just released 'Get Famous' I don't think they will do one for a little while, though I have been wrong in past. But if anything, hopefully something like get 'Get Ready' Expansion. Where you can teach your Sims forms of Martial Arts and Gymnastics and watch them tumble over themselves, so you can get more animation choice when someone picks a fight with you, or exercising. So you can match them with counters or watch them fail and hit themselves in the head or something like that, and who ever is stronger will win.

Also, if EA/Maxis is worried about violence, there is always the cloud/comic style "pow!", "whack!", and "ka-boom!". Also have a training boot camp thing obstacle course; just like back in Sims 2, and a coach with a whistle while everyone does push-ups, which add extra option to help people get in shape and "get ready". For training to be a better solider, and add extra onto the end of the Military career, by going into Special Ops or something. That was pretty good.

Possibly racing for Sims too, where you can compete and it's a chance you can win or not by making quick decisions such as 'Left' or 'Right', and certain traits/skills allow different options or something, for example mischief, you can plant traps as you go. Or even where you can make items from the store, for free since you are 'Ready', from learning from a 'College' or 'University'. And have it, if you stay in University dorms, it could be like the apartments in 'Get Together', and bring back some of the classic 'Freetime' stuff. So the point of the expansion is being able to get ready for their life in Sims, or the rest of it anyway.

I think what EA & Maxis should focus on making lots to attend in other maps around the world, so you can explore what Sims 4 has to offer in all these other areas as well as their own. Just like with jobs, they should allow the player to see the Sim progress doing all these little errands around work, and making decisions in group meetings, or working on something and let the player see what happens? Just having that little bit extra control would be fantastic, it's what the game needs. It could just be a patch for 'Get to Work' expansion, if that is not good enough, say for every hour of development, is 30 cents added onto the game. Would pay extra for the effort. Make it more of an unveiling, or reveal to see what they do, could teach younger ones a thing or two.

For a game pack however... Any western style themed pack. Or even a romance pack with an intricate system, which adds train stations, airports, BnBs, Motels and Hotels. I hope they add something out there, and fun.

What are your thoughts?

Take care all!

- C
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    gp
    I'm expecting a game pack next I really don't expect to see another expansion till at least summer.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    gp
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'm expecting a game pack next I really don't expect to see another expansion till at least summer.

What sort of game pack were you thinking of?

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/954592/what-idea-pack-sounds-more-appealing#latest
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    It has been two years since vampires, so I am hoping to see a supernatural if not in February but sometime this year. I could see a SP with romance, slow dancing etc.

An SP would be too small for slowdancing. That would need an expansion or gamepack.

Unless we got the romance SP and slow dancing was patched in for everyone with the pre-pack patch. I think they need to work on dancing so partners actually face each other rather than standing several feet apart. (Actually I'd prefer they fix some of the outstanding bugs first, like the Scientist gardening glitch where plants don't grow at the lab, or the Get Famous bug where Sims can't Quit the Spotlight. (I did figure out a workaround to keep my artist from gaining fame from selling paintings -- if you sell them from the personal inventory by dragging them to the Sell area no fame is gained.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LoveandLasersLoveandLasers Posts: 7 New Member
    Honestly, I'd be happy with ANYTHING new. I know we just got GF in December, but there was so little put out last year that I feel like we're behind. I still enjoy building, but I don't play my households much anymore because there just hasn't been enough new stuff to hold my interest. I love GF, but once you take a few households through their career arcs you're back to being bored again. I think waiting through last year made me kinda played out. At this point I'd welcome a stuff pack just to give it a little extra interest.
    Things seem buggy lately and that makes it hard to maintain interest as well. I had to recreate my entire save because everything was too borked, and now I'm getting glitches again. I have a good deal of cc for CAS, but no modded objects and only one that affects gameplay (and it's a very stable, reliable well known one that lets you control the game better). CC is a long standing sims tradition so I feel like a some makeup and dresses shouldn't be enough to cause major glitches. Besides, when I take them out to test it the problems persists so it isn't a matter of ancient cc. Between glitches making it difficult to play and the small amount of releases in the past year, things in my simsociety are getting dull.
    gp
    Bundle #7 (SP13 and SP14) need its GP07

And tbh that GP07 will probably be cars. And I'm not really liking it. My 2016-me would love it, but now in 2019 that we've got so many neighborhoods that aren't connected to roads at all, cars don't make any sense.

But the next game pack will most likely bring cars.
    And they won't make any sense, even those neighborhoods with roads have lots where you can't logically build a driveway because there is greenery on the sidewalks blocking cars to drive on the road. (Foundry Cove for example)
    a256aFi.gif
    edited January 2019
    gp
    Bundle #7 (SP13 and SP14) need its GP07

And tbh that GP07 will probably be cars. And I'm not really liking it. My 2016-me would love it, but now in 2019 that we've got so many neighborhoods that aren't connected to roads at all, cars don't make any sense.

But the next game pack will most likely bring cars.
    And they won't make any sense, even those neighborhoods with roads have lots where you can't logically build a driveway because there is greenery on the sidewalks blocking cars to drive on the road. (Foundry Cove for example)

They don't necessarily have to rewrite anything, if they just add cars in, and do loading screens, it's still something. Sims 2 did it, and it worked fine. But maybe people are a little controversial when it comes to those topics, with Sims 3 in mind.

Imagine though, if you just walked to the road, then hoped in a car, and saw it take off a bit with your Sim, loading screen, and end up wherever. Imagine, if you ran out of fuel in the car, so you spawn in a random location in the middle of nowhere, and you can get abducted by aliens waiting for a mechanic person to come and fix it- if you don't have the skill yourself? Imagine if you had to get other Sims to push start your old plum car, cause you bought a cheap one? Imagine if you could go to more distant locations by Car, even so- taking other transport like the Tram in Sims 4 area, which is a pretty cool idea. Cars would give more freedom, and adventure to the game. Imagine, pulling up to a park or forest area to camp there? Imagine, running out of fuel and having to pull in to a service station, which can be robbed by criminals in the most ridiculous way. Imagine silly detail of a speeding car being chased by police, going past the station or wherever you are, then seeing it on the evening TV news? Imagine a new loading screen where its your Sim in the front seat, bobbing away to the radio with the countryside/houses going past them outside? Imagine meeting new people on the side of the road, like hitch-hikers. Imagine getting lost, and you can explore a new area or place, that you can only find, by getting lost? There is so much!! My brain cannot stop.

It will just add a different way of moving the Sims around in a general direction, could add racing! Go karts! Could even make the racetrack a lot to visit somewhere. Some cool new features, at the cost of some time and patience, that you can interact with. Just a smidge of detail in those areas, it should be okay. I didn't hear too many people complain about cars before, apart from the fact that they liked them in the game.

It's a really big can of worms. Let's see what we can do. :D
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
    edited January 2019
    ep
    n

Just because Del Sol Valley was small doesn't mean that Get Famous is a game pack. They focused on the celebrity system and the acting career is amazing!
    I do hope they've learned to not release worlds with suchs few lots ever again.

What can I say, I have my eyes open here. I Don't see it as an expansion, merely a game pack called an expansion with the price of a expansion.
    yes it does to me, its a personal opinion you see!!!
    one active career
    fame
    11 lot hood,
    Is such a small number of features for the price of an expansion pack.

get to work is an expansion with three active careers and retail etc etc!!!

same as showtime with its three active careers or ambitions which had even more.

get famous gets one active career, a small hood, what

2 bars
    park
    museum
    gym

etc etc

gp
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant

Hmmm... what do you think about a Future GP or Simbot GP ?

Quite possible. But it might not be for a while, until a lot of the bugs are ironed out. :(
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
    edited January 2019
    gp
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant

Hmmm... what do you think about a Future GP or Plumbots GP ?

Future GP would be nice, but without open world it is guaranteed to not be as good as Into The Future, because that pack is already perfect in my eyes. (My favorite EP from Sims 3)

Plumbot GP: I would love to have playable robots and Servo life states, but this life state could also fit into other packs like a Hobbies GP
    a256aFi.gif
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    ep
    I know. Three EP's in a row is impossible right? Maybe, but I can't drop the feeling that university is next and that would have to be an EP. If it's a GP I want romance over witches. Or babies over witches, but baby abilities might have to be a free patch at this point. I also would like tropical vacation or farming more than witches, but witches if it's not any of that.