Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Computerglitch8 legacy challenge!

Heyyo!! So after looking for some Sims 3 legacies to do and not really finding any in-depth ones that interested me, i figured to just make my own!!! Theres not really an overarching theme or anything, so that why its just called the computerglitch8 challenge since, ykno, thats me!

some extra stuff first though:
cheats are okay! (heck some of the things in the challenge p much require you to use testing cheats.) I think itd be more challenging/fun to not use money cheats but honestly you can do whatever you want.

important!!!!: i am playing through this challenge myself to make sure everything i wrote down is doable and challenging, while also not being impossible. I will make little tweaks to the rules over the course of my playthrough!!

also important!!! These first ten generations can be done with only the base game! (though obviously you can use expansions to spice it up) but i will be adding extra gens that focus on expansions! (im already working on the next few gens, which are supernatural focused ;) ) so watch out for those additions!

with that out of the way! heres the challenge!!:

Gen 1:
You came to this life instantly wanting the most out of it. You want to explore as much as you can and experience as much can fit in your lifetime. Let the adventure begin!

Required traits: ambitious, brave, adventurous (if available)
Lifetime wish: Renaissance sim

-must get to level 4 in at least three jobs
-must have 20 friends outside of family.
-date at least three sims before finding your perfect match
-must have at least three children with your spouse
-go out with your family/friends as often as you can

Gen 2:
While your parent wanted to experience everything externally, you want to have as rich an internal life as possible. you desire knowledge above all else, friends and family are more an afterthought.

Required traits: genius, bookworm
Lifetime wish: chess legend

-be on honor roll in both elementary and high school
-to make money you can either become a painter or a writer or some combination of the two. Master either of these and one other skill
-read 40 books
-have a boyfriend or girlfriend, never get married
-have only one kid that you have a bad to neutral relationship with.

Gen 3:
Your parent hardly ever talked to you, you had no siblings and felt lonely often. You now wish to surround yourself with as many people as possible, and date as many people as possible, even if it means breaking a few hearts, at least you’ll never feel lonely again.

Required traits: hopeless romantic, commitment issues, flirty
Lifetime wish: heartbreaker

-master the charisma skill and one other skill of your choice
-build 10 strong platonic relationships, you only have to retain 1 of them
-have at least 3 children with different dads/moms
-have your kids be best friends with each other, you don’t want them to be alone like you were

Gen 4:
Your parent always brought new people into thier life, and you want none of that. You want to prove that you don’t need anyone’s help to succeed in life. You’re going to achieve greatness and you’re gonna do it alone.

Required traits: loner, handy, grumpy
Lifetimewish: become an astronaut

-Master the handiness skill and one other skill of your choice
-have no strong relationships with any other sims (pets are ok)
-never get a boyfriend/girlfriend and never get married
-get drunk and get knocked up with a random person, this will be your only pregnancy (after this, use the clean slate reward or cheat to get rid of the relationship)
-die as an adult from unnatural causes and while your kid is still a toddler/child

Gen 5:
You never knew anything about your parent. You had to be raised by your grandparent, and for part of your life you were all on your own. You retreated inward, and learned to cook and play instruments. Your terrified of losing people. You are scared of being yourself and put on a facade around others. But as you mature, you become more confident, and learn to love yourself, and let those around you love you as well.

Required traits: coward, loner.
Lifetimewish: celebrated five star chef

-have a strong relationship with your grandparent. Do not have a strong relationship with anyone else until young adulthood
-master cooking and an instrument.
- get married to someone of the opposite sex during young adulthood and have at most three children, break up once you reach adulthood
-realize your gay and marry someone of the same sex in adulthood.
-do not have a good relationship with your children until they become teenagers.

Gen six:
You're as carefree as can be!! You love everyone and everything and almost never feel down. You want everyone to be as happy as possible. You also absolutely love nature and can’t stand being indoors for too long

Required traits: good, loves the outdoors, friendly
Lifetimewish: the perfect garden

-make money off selling your plants
-you must leave your lot at least once a day
-try to make as many friends as you can, at least thirty, you don’t have to retain them.
-donate to charity at least once every three days
-adopt at least three babies
-never fall in love. You love everyone too much to commit to just one person!
-master gardening skill and one other skill of your choice

Gen 7:
You want to help as many people as you can like your parent, but you aren’t as naive as your parent. You feel it’s your job to protect the good people of the city from the rotten sims that plague the land. You might be a tad dramatic, but it makes for good storytelling at least.

Required traits: artistic, no sense of humor, dramatic (if available)
Lifetimewish: dynamic DNA profiler

-write mystery and drama stories based off your adventures in law enforcement
-master the writing skill and one other skill of your choice
-marry a co-worker who’s as serious about your job as you are
-write 20 mystery/drama books
-have 2 kids, you’d like more, but you can’t stand to be away from your job too long.
-as a result, your kids end up somewhat neglected and forced to fend for themselves. Do not teach your children any toddler skills and you must keep the trait they randomly get, unless it conflicts with the required traits of the next gen.

Gen 8:
You’ve felt angry at the world all your life. You hate your parents for neglecting you, your sibling is so annoying, your house is stupid, this town is stupid, everything is stupid. Eventually you start to wonder if this anger could be channeled somewhere else...?

Required traits: mean spirited, hot headed, athletic
Lifetimewish: perfect mind, perfect body

-have terrible relationships with your family.
-pick fights as often as you can. Get in at least 20 fights with 20 different sims outside of family
-have at least ten enemies. (“Old enemies” counts)
-go jogging or go to the library at least once every 2 days
-be on the honor roll in elementary and high school
-date about three people throughout your teenage and young adult years, have one kid.
-your child is the only thing you care about in this world, have a great relationship, buy them tons of toys, help with homework every chance you get, everything.

Gen 9:
Your a sweet and caring sim who gets along with most people, and most people know you as a gentle sim who wouldn’t hurt a fly. And although your nice, there’s definitely some sims you wouldn’t mind hurting. Specifically, the kind of sims who think thier better then others lower on the ladder then them. Yep! Your a Robin Hood type!

Required traits: charismatic , excitable, kleptomaniac
Lifetime wish: become a master thief

-have a great relationship with your mother, and have a few close friends
-make sure no one finds out about your line of work!
-this ones all you! Master any two skills!!
-snag items from rich peoples homes when you get the chance
-when your a young adult seduce a wealthy sim in order to take thier belongings/cash. Whoops! Turns out your pregnant! (This child will become the next heir)
-as an adult fall in love with a poor/lower class sim. Move in together, but never get married. Have three more children.
-you love all your children, but it would be a lie to say you don’t have conflicted feelings about your oldest child. Have a good relationship with all your kids, but a noticeably not as good one with your eldest

Gen 10:
You always knew you were an outcast. And honestly, you don’t mind at all. You feel more in tune with the earth and elements than with any real people. You are fascinated with death and spirituality, and have no interest in the material world. You are always calm and never get riled up, even when facing harrowing situations. You know the earth will protect you.

Required traits: insane, technophobe, neat
Lifetime wish: presenting the perfect aquarium

-have a beautiful personal graveyard with the graves of the past generations’ heirs. Have a small garden there and tend to it everyday.
-master the gardening and fishing skills and one other skill of your choice
-when loved ones die, cheat to delete the negative emote.
-have only one friend that you use to become pregnant. Do not get into any kind of relationship (if you are doing the supernatural gen 11, make sure they are a witch)
-give birth at home.
-do not give your children toys or any sort of playful entertainment. The only thing children can do is read.
-have two children, that do not have any traits until they are young adults (cheat). It’s a side affect of them being so sheltered all thier lives
-(if you are doing gen 11 make sure they are both witches)

There you go!! make sure you tell me what you think and tell me if you feel like trying it out for yourself and your adventures if you do!!! id love any sort of feedback and make sure to ask any questions if you have em! thank you <3!!