Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okay, I'm In Shock...

I honestly have never had a single abduction in S4 - until right this very second where I had TWO - both parents randomly got abducted. I didn't even know it was possible, I was playing with the toddler and noticed that they had gotten out of bed for some reason, and found them investigating strange lights. Badda boom badda bing, dual abduction.

01-13-19-6-14-18-PM.png

Like what?! Guess it's time to unhit pause and find out what happens next lol, as I have it set that both can get pregnant from alien abductions...

Comments

• FaeChaiFaeChai Posts: 87 Member
    Lol, I've never seen that happen either. Never once been abducted. This is hilarious though I feel bad. Gonna have so many babies on your sims hands lol.
  • WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 367 Member
    Sometimes I will have a Sim that just seems destined to be repeatedly abducted; however I have never seen a double abduction. Cool.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    That's crazy! I had GTW for a year before my first random abduction, can't imagine how unlikely two at once is.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Oh wow .. never had a double abduction either .. sometimes one poor sim gets abducted a lot or his household does. Something to hope for!
    egTcBMc.png
  • mikaelahollymikaelaholly Posts: 46 Member
    I've had a sim get abducted once, if I remember correctly. At least your sims got to experience it... together? A sudden date they weren't expecting lol
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    These dang aliens, man...
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • CeyllynnCeyllynn Posts: 25 Member
    Since they were abducted together, if they both spawn, they will have the same pollination momma.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I had a string of abductions back when the game was glitched and that was happening all the time, but I have never seen dual abductions.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • EvviEvvi Posts: 19 Member
    Wooow, that's epic! Prepare for possible half...sibling...twins?? Haha.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Lol yeah, never knew that was possible - and I do believe they are both expecting. Kind of throws off the timeline a bit lol.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Ceyllynn wrote: »
    Since they were abducted together, if they both spawn, they will have the same pollination momma.

Oh that would be a great thing to find out. If you have two children (or more) @WildIrishBanshee let us know if they have the same alien parent..
    egTcBMc.png
  • SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Double abduction! Awesome! Never had that happen. Thanks for sharing!
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Why are those Sims getting abducted blue?
    Are they aliens too?
    I didn't know aliens could get abducted, that seems kind of... counterproductive!

Hopefully they weren't just blue because they were freezing.

And how can you make it so that a female Sim can come pregnant from an alien abduction?
    Is it from the gender customization settings in CAS?
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I hate alien abductions and wish we could disable them... it's only happened to me twice, but I still find them annoying... especially when I'm trying to have a normal story going on. It just ends up disrupting everything. Especially when the abducted Sim comes back pregnant (which only seems to happen to the males in my case).

They should allow us to disable them (without having to uninstall 'Get To Work').
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Why are those Sims getting abducted blue?
    Are they aliens too?
    I didn't know aliens could get abducted, that seems kind of... counterproductive!

Hopefully they weren't just blue because they were freezing.

And how can you make it so that a female Sim can come pregnant from an alien abduction?
    Is it from the gender customization settings in CAS?

Yes, they are aliens - made in CAS. I didn't know they could either, but surprise!
    It's a setting on MCCC.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2019
    I saw a screenshot on here awhile ago of someone that had 6-7 Sims abducted in a San Myshuno community area at the same time. All townies if I remember correctly. I think it was in the Spice District. o.O

Never had more than one abducted at a time in my saves though. They seem to love Scientists, which makes sense I guess. I had an Alien Scientist that got abducted all the time. One time, he looked straight at me when he was going up in the beam with this quirky look on his face, almost as if he was thinking, "Again? Can you believe this? Why? I'm one of them! Sheesh!" lol

Rppmgop.png

EDIT: BTW @WildIrishBanshee, he never came back pregnant after taking a trip back home 4 times. I don't think it's possible for Aliens to be impregnated in an abduction so it must be your MCCC setting if they're both pregnant. Either that or Romeo just was incredibly lucky he didn't get a bun in the oven. o.O
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited January 2019
    My very first abduction was of a female Sim, at that time I had no mod to set for females to be impregnated. However, when I finally did have a male Sim abducted it was in my ancestral save. I was amused that my 6X great-grandfather was abducted. Since his wife had already given him their first two sons, I was a tad worried, but decided I'd just play it as it happened. I watched his belly, but nothing ever came of it.
    In front of a witness:
    7y3yFJV.jpg
    Up, up and away, he goes:
    r57vDHv.jpg

For a man who became a 'somebody' this is a rather undignified return: :p
    A5zTcEX.jpg

I was playing Pinstar's Legacy Challenge, and my second generation Heir got abducted late one evening as he made his way home. He was a widower and had just allowed himself to get back to dating. He also came back without being impregnated. This did not spare his son, my Gen. 3 Heir, who ended up being adducted just as his wedding was about to take place. In my panic, I had the bride click on the wedding arch, which oddly, returned the groom toot-sweet. Then I was chastising myself that I had foiled great possibilities with said abduction. Nope. The couple got married, and she got preggars on their wedding night. When he started to 'gain' weight, I thought possibly he was being empathetic to her condition. Then it became apparent, he was preggars. I had them both listening to Alternative Music since I needed a male heir. I was disappointed when she gave birth to a daughter. I expected him to give birth on the same day, but it was several Sim hours later before he commenced his labor. He gave birth to twins! First, a girl. Again I was disappointed. But, the second twin was the required male offspring. The celestial twins were a lovely shade of lavender, which I hadn't seen in the game, prior.

I, too, have yet to see two abducted at the very same time. What fun!

I did just recently experience my very first emotional death in my game, which claimed two Sims, however. The husband went first. After realizing everybody was weeping over the death of her husband, the wife went hysterical and that's all she wrote!

Congratulations and have fun with it. I hope you get your little alien babies. The bassinet alone is very cool.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited January 2019
    As my game was loading, I saw this topic and was like "wow, that's wild." But once my game loaded and I entered the household I wanted to play, I noticed I couldn't interact with one of my sims. I unpaused the game and it turns out I caught her mid-abduction. I've never had an abduction in my game so that was a trip. For both my sim and me.
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I have never seen two abductions before, neat! I thought it only happened to scientists, but my sim couple, a doctor and a detective, once used to get abducted on alternate nights. It got a bit annoying, but it has thankfully stopped.
  • PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on perspective I suppose - lol), I've also seen this first-hand. Aliens seem to frequently want to take my sims for trips (and usually more). I'm not disappointed though. It kind of makes things interesting. Although, a bit chaotic. hah!

An example is what's going on in my latest save: I'd gone w/o aliens for about...a couple of weeks of gameplay. All of a sudden, my grandpa sim gets taken. Then, Grandma. Then gramps again, this time with a little "present". Moved the grandson out after he married and aliens got him and gave that household a bundle of "joy", switched households back to a friend of theirs that started this save, and after the friend was married, her husband was taken and impregnated also. It's the 100 baby challenge--alien edition and I didn't even initiate it. :D:D
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    That’s so freaky!! I’ve seen pictures of this sort of thing from The Sims 3 (I can’t remember how many sims being abducted at once), but I would’ve never considered it being possible in The Sims 4, too! That would probably never happen again though, so I’m so pleased to see pictures!!

With my experiences with alien abductions, I used to have a sim get abducted on a pretty much weekly basis until she died. Her daughter was also quite the target for aliens too; weird considering she was a musician.. Once I sent them out to have dinner as a family and the second they got home, her husband got abducted on the spot.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I've not seen multi abductions before, so that's neat. I wonder how many can be abducted at once?
    I recently had one of my Sims get abducted seconds after he started a party event, and didn't come back until it was almost over. Luckily, his sons and hubby were able to keep the event going in his absence.

@Iyasenu @WildIrishBanshee @Karababy52
    You know, maybe those aliens still out in space need to debrief and run some tests on those that have decided to live on an alien planet. You know, customary health check ups, scans to see if they're still adapting to the local climates without health issues, repairs to their earthbound aliens' technologies to make sure they're able to maintain their disguises, update them on news briefings from home, visiting family who wants to check in on their foreign exchange student, etc. There are so many reasons why they'd want to abduct an alien.
    The bigger question is, what kind of moodlets do they get after the abduction? I know I have an alien, and looking at space rocks makes her homesick, so does an alien getting abducted make them feel refreshed?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    I've not seen multi abductions before, so that's neat. I wonder how many can be abducted at once?
    I recently had one of my Sims get abducted seconds after he started a party event, and didn't come back until it was almost over. Luckily, his sons and hubby were able to keep the event going in his absence.

@Iyasenu @WildIrishBanshee @Karababy52
    You know, maybe those aliens still out in space need to debrief and run some tests on those that have decided to live on an alien planet. You know, customary health check ups, scans to see if they're still adapting to the local climates without health issues, repairs to their earthbound aliens' technologies to make sure they're able to maintain their disguises, update them on news briefings from home, visiting family who wants to check in on their foreign exchange student, etc. There are so many reasons why they'd want to abduct an alien.
    The bigger question is, what kind of moodlets do they get after the abduction? I know I have an alien, and looking at space rocks makes her homesick, so does an alien getting abducted make them feel refreshed?

I might be able to answer that. One of my alien twins, the female, got abduction. She came back dazed.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/