Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cheese and crackers, this is beyond annoying >.<

Ok, I am really fed up with this (because it happened I kid you not 5 times in a row over the span of 4 sim hours when my sim leaves at 8)

Okay I really hate when the Makeup and Hair backfires and the stylist gets it wrong...I don't mind it happening once or twice, but I kid you not they have done it 5 times in a row (and with pausing and just standing ideally by too). Um, I got there at 12 it's now 4:30 and I have wasted my time trying to get in the right hair and makeup...this is getting on my nerves please FIX this!

Comments

• TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited January 2019
    I had that happen, too--really frustrating. If you have your sim make friends with the stylist, though, the stylist gets it right much, much faster. Worth taking the time to make friends.

I dislike having one of my friendship slots filled up (since relationship culling is fierce!), so I'll be delighted if this proves to be a bug that they'll fix. My current belief is that it's a feature, & sly commentary about Hollywood: if your stylist (or anyone else in the show) doesn't really like you, s/he'll backstab you.

edited for typo
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    ARGH! And when I went back again she NEVER got it right I went there at 12 and she got it wrong the whole dang time till 8 and I had to go home >( OMG!
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    This is just not acceptable. When we can't play as we are meant to, because the game itself is preventing us. Then we lose no matter what we do. It may be amusing with a certain fail rate to an extent, but going overboard outright kills the fun. This is a lesson the Devs still need to learn if you ask me.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Nindigo wrote: »
    This is just not acceptable. When we can't play as we are meant to, because the game itself is preventing us. Then we lose no matter what we do. It may be amusing with a certain fail rate to an extent, but going overboard outright kills the fun. This is a lesson the Devs still need to learn if you ask me.

OMG yes, it was funny the 1st time and 2nd time but it's not funny for them failing constantly for the whole time I had work, totally not fun ._.
  • dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    I've only had this happen to an acting Sim once - so far, fingers crossed - after the third miss I just "went on with the show" and told the Director we were ready. Not a grand performance, but got paid.
    dizzydee_k wrote: »
    I've only had this happen to an acting Sim once - so far, fingers crossed - after the third miss I just "went on with the show" and told the Director we were ready. Not a grand performance, but got paid.
    the thing is I couldn't do that or it count toward a better score...if I known I would lol!

• SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I'm still having this same problem. Already reported it to EA. The hair stylist never changes my sims hair & if she does then the action is not completed. Super duper annoying.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »

Quite true. The catch is whether they actually care. I suspect they don't.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    edited January 2019
    This feels like a recent thing, because when I first played through this career the fail rate seemed pretty much normal. Now I'm playing through again and this stupid hair and make up person has failed all the way to the end of the flippin' day. It would annoy me marginally less if they just went 'whoops, crap' and started over whatever they messed up themselves without my sim having to stand up, ask AGAIN, etc etc etc. Like the NPC got the make up right, but keeps effin' up the hair, so I have to sit through the make up AND hair animations every time they try. It's infuriating.

edit: And they AREE friends, so it's extra ARGH
    Sjofn wrote: »
    This feels like a recent thing, because when I first played through this career the fail rate seemed pretty much normal. Now I'm playing through again and this stupid hair and make up person has failed all the way to the end of the flippin' day. It would annoy me marginally less if they just went 'whoops, plum' and started over whatever they messed up themselves without my sim having to stand up, ask AGAIN, etc etc etc. Like the NPC got the make up right, but keeps effin' up the hair, so I have to sit through the make up AND hair animations every time they try. It's infuriating.

edit: And they AREE friends, so it's extra ARGH

This is what exactly happened to me I feel your pain this is ridiculous.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited January 2019
    I've had this issue one time, the stylist failed three times in a row, then got it right. Sometime later I got the perk where my actress can skip stylist and wardrobe. So the high fail rate might be a nudge into leveling this particular perk tree? (I'd done that anyway, because I enjoy designing my own costumes a lot.)

Or maybe the stylist's mood figures into her performance? I'm not sure, they seem to be glued to their chairs more or less. But maybe try testingcheats on and then shift click -> make happy on her next time and see if that helps.
  • The_RatticatorThe_Ratticator Posts: 28 Member
    Maybe I'm just lucky? The most times I've had the stylist fail in a row is three. That amount of failure is still very time consuming, though, and the fact that it's even capable of happening upwards of five times in a row is just unacceptable. I definitely agree that stylist failure should be a thing that only happens occasionally.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Has anyone tried deleting the Hair Stylist Sim in the household manager? Maybe if they are replaced, it will reset.
    #Team Occult