Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romance after Just be friends?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I am only just coming back to play after a long time away and forgot a lot of stuff.
My sim was the girlfriend of Don Lothario, she has the heartbreaker lifetime wish so she started working on another guy and it resulted in Don dumping her.
I just managed to get their relationship back in the green and tried to romance him again. He would do everything but woohoo so I thought to make them just friends to remove the ex-boyfriend status hoping that they could start again. Now they are best friends but no matter what I do he wont go past flirty. The best I can get out of him is an amorous hug.
Is there a way to get him into a romantic relationship with her again or are they just always going to be just friends?
Gallery ID: wiccanwonder

Comments

• AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I have not played that life time wish but I think it requires becoming the 'girlfriend/boyfriend' and then 'ex - girlfriend/-boyfriend' with 10 different sims, to count. Becoming 'just friends' may reset that count, probably noticable on the life time wish icon. The unmodded game does not allow more than one partner at a time, sadly. (Girlfriend, fiancee, marriage).

Flirty or matching traits and high charisma and status (job & skill level etc) helps in social endeavors as well as little 'physical' things like brushing the teeth and going to the spa and of course building up the friendship and mood - and reputation! So as one strategy I would make the sim become best friends with a lot of sims first and work on the rest of the aquirements and then go through them all at once :wink:
    (Providing there are no issues with the game).
  • fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    Also, perhaps Don still has the "Betrayed" moodlet, which last several days, and this will prevent any relationship development until the moodlet is gone.
    Firby nurbs!
    Now, there is a contradiction in terms!
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I have not played that life time wish but I think it requires becoming the 'girlfriend/boyfriend' and then 'ex - girlfriend/-boyfriend' with 10 different sims, to count. Becoming 'just friends' may reset that count, probably noticable on the life time wish icon. The unmodded game does not allow more than one partner at a time, sadly. (Girlfriend, fiancee, marriage).

Flirty or matching traits and high charisma and status (job & skill level etc) helps in social endeavors as well as little 'physical' things like brushing the teeth and going to the spa and of course building up the friendship and mood - and reputation! So as one strategy I would make the sim become best friends with a lot of sims first and work on the rest of the aquirements and then go through them all at once :wink:
    (Providing there are no issues with the game).

I checked and becoming just friends didn't take his count away. Thankfully. She's 5/10 so far, I was just hoping to play the story where she realises somewhere down the line she truly wants him and tried to repair their relationship.
    It's weird all the time he was her ex and their relationship was in the red he was calling asking her out on dates, which never ended well lol. He would initiate romantic interactions but it would never progress past being flirty. Now he is no longer her ex boyfriend but best friend he won't initiate it at all and no matter what she does it never moves past flirty.
    edited January 2019
    fxchrfxchr wrote: »
    Also, perhaps Don still has the "Betrayed" moodlet, which last several days, and this will prevent any relationship development until the moodlet is gone.
    I'm guessing that might have gone because I have got them to best friend status from being deep in the red.

simm621 wrote: »
    It's weird all the time he was her ex and their relationship was in the red he was calling asking her out on dates, which never ended well lol.

Sims don't know what they want! :tongue:

Hopefully the betrayed-moodlet is the problem - let us now if she gets him in the end!
    edited January 2019
    simm621 wrote: »
    It's weird all the time he was her ex and their relationship was in the red he was calling asking her out on dates, which never ended well lol.

Sims don't know what they want! :tongue:

Hopefully the betrayed-moodlet is the problem - let us now if she gets him in the end!

Well, she got him...sort of. He moved in. I still can't get them to move past flirty. I tried spamming romantic interactions. Focusing on one sim, then trying to alternate them. Neither will get them past flirty. So I don't think I can ever get them back to going steady and I guess I have to forget about them ever getting married. Although I have managed to get them to shower woohoo and they have 2 kids now.
    I almost gave up though as on one attempt the full moon came out and he turned into a zombie. :# I could deal with the game turning him into a fairy, which it did lol, the zombie was a bit much. Luckily it was only temporary though.
    Post edited by simm621 on
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    According to this topic it might be a bug. Don’t know if you have mods, but maybe you can try to change their relationship with Mastercontroller? Even though you managed to change the relationship while playing, who knows MC does a more ‘resetting’ job.
    5JZ57S6.png
    This was pointed out to me in the manual to Awesomemod:

"21. Sims no longer lose the ability to start advanced romances after ending an existing one. To fix previously broken sims, type "fixall"."

http://alpha.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/awesome/rtfm.txt

Could be that bug they and @JoAnne65 are talking about.

In the end of the thread in Carl's it seemed it got resolved though by eliminating any rivals. It is way too late here now but I will try it in game tomorrow for fun and see if any resets would do any difference (do not have AM).
    That could be helpful! Just typing ‘fixall’ in the ctrl-shift-c cheat window? Tips and testing is never too late afaic, curious if this indeed works.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    That could be helpful! Just typing ‘fixall’ in the ctrl-shift-c cheat window? Tips and testing is never too late afaic, curious if this indeed works.
    Just to clarify here in case this is required, but "fixall" is an AwesomeMod command. Awesome requires that its commands be run from the cheats console, there are no mod command menus as with NRaas mods. The command isn't going to be very helpful if AwesomeMod is not present. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Hi! So I tested:
    Brought my testsim to Riverview, changed traits to Flirty, Charismatic, Friendly, Irrestistable (+ambitious for LTR points) and gave her LTR 'attractive', 'eyecandy', 'never boring' and the same favourites/sign as the Lothario (sushi, black, gemini); her charisma level were at 6.

They met, got attracted, best friends and then 'boyfriend'. I let a couple of days pass and wohoo happen (in a bed).

Then she broke up with him, I directly chose social interaction 'smooth recovery' which made him boyfriend again, so broke up again and let him argue with her a little so the friendship bar dropped to close to middle line.

Let a couple of days pass (3), worked up her charisma level to 9 and then met up and chose 'chat' a couple of times to get the option to 'ask to just be friends' appear (under friendly interactions), which made them 'acquaintance' (from 'ex-boyfriend').

Chose 'chat' repeatedly till they were 'friends', and then friendly interactions till 'best friends'. Then romantic interactions that did not give effect at first but I just continued with the light ones until they were 'romantic interests' and kept showering him with affection in small doses until the option to 'ask to be together', 'be married', 'have private marriage' were possible and went through with them. After they were married I had them wohoo in a bed.

Don dons the trait 'commitment issues', as well as 'hot tempered', not good ones for getting over a break up and enter relationships perhaps.

My guess is that if this method does not work for you, resetting in different ways maybe does.

Sorry that I answered so late, I did not think you would work so fast and I think the notifications for quotes works so-so (as opposed to pages).

Yes, @JoAnne65, sorry if that was unclear, I speak swedish, you speak dutch, we meet in english - thanks to @igazor for clearifying!
    But do I understand correctly then you do need this mod to make it happen? In a modless game no Liz Taylor/Richard Burton affairs...?
    5JZ57S6.png
    @JoAnne65 That was sweet!

My game is unmodded, so what I did you do not need AM for, but games behave a little different.

The quote is from a manual for the core mod by J.M. Pescado, that I found on a site I am not sure is what this forum finds 'appropriate' to link to. The mod corrects what appearantly was a bug, as noticed in the thread at Carl's sims 3/4 forum, but I do not know how well documented AM aspects are. @TadOlson uses AM. I can send you a PM with the link to where I found the manual if you want, and I think @igazor would know more.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2019
    I wouldn't go as far as to say the Taylor/Burton thing is impossible without mods or without Awesome, just pointing out that the "fixall" solution in particular is useless without the mod it belongs to unless you like seeing "Unknown Command" on the cheats console. Not actually sure where this problem is coming from, it doesn't happen every day but I know I've had coupled sims break up, repair their relationship, and get back together again without being blocked from doing so as long as a decently long cooling off period has been observed in between.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net