Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Call back drone?

Is there an easy way to get your drone back when it's done recording and you don't know where it went? My Lara Croft just lost hers in the jungle...

I've had this problem more than once, especially after recording neighbourhood footage, but then I usually find the drone sitting somewhere by the "entrance" of the lot. Not this time.

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited January 2019
    Unfortunately not at this time. The only set back with this item is that it can easily get lost on the current lot, especially if it's big. Wish there was a call back feature for the drone or it would at least come back to the starting spot it was in.

I always seem to find it later when 'm not looking for it.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    edited January 2019
    I do hope someone comes by with an answer for this. My star keeps losing drones! It's been suggested to not take footage of the neighborhood if you live in Windenburg. So, I guess that was my first mistake. He's been lucky to recover his drone when he's walked off stage after a concert and left it sitting there. But, still. It would be great to have an ability, perhaps on the cell phone to recall a drone.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Too bad... I actually found my drone again, it had run out of battery and crashed somewhere near the jungle entrance. But that makes it even worse, when it can just break anywhere on the map, then remain there until you happen to find it again. I guess my proposed callback feature wouldn't help in this case because the drone can't fly without its battery, so some kind of tracker that at least shows you where it is might be a better idea.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Yep, I'm not using any cheats with my current sim save & she keeps losing her drone & having to buy new ones. There should be a 'Find my drone' action available.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    I know this is an old thread... but this is so frustrating! Has anyone found any way to locate a lost drone? I've lost several of them in Strangerville, and what's really frustrating is that another family is now getting whims to "record footage with a drone" which is "from being near a drone." This isn't the family who bought/lost the drones, but I have thoroughly searched their lot and surrounding area and can't find any drones there.

Are there any mods? Anything that will help with the problem of locating lost drones?
  • DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    Ahhhhh lost my drone thought it would be near the house as it stayed near there when i tried to record my sim jogging but now i cant find it!
  • DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    DizzyDi34 wrote: »
    Ahhhhh lost my drone thought it would be near the house as it stayed near there when i tried to record my sim jogging but now i cant find it!
    never mind found it

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I have found mine far from the house before, out in the neighborhood.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: