Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What have you got planned for your TS3 game in 2019 ?

Comments

• stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    I listed several things I’d like to accomplish this year in the New Years’ resolutions thread, but my primary goal on that list is to finish filling up the empty roadless world I began building in last year, and finally start playing it. I’m planning it as a fantasy realm for fairies and a small number of each of the other occult types and hybrids. I created 60 berry-style supernatural Sims to start, some of which will be my first generation actives played in rotation, and the rest are inactive residents intended to be role Sims, bosses and coworkers. It’s a smallish world with 40 lots; I’ve set up 23 as community lots and 17 as residential. Most of them I’ve built myself, although I did include some lots created by other simmers that I’ve expanded and tweaked to suit. I have just four more homes left to build now, so I’m in the home stretch!

Best of luck to you with your CAW project (I greatly admire those of you with the talent and skill to create entire worlds!), as well as your gameplay plans. :)
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    starguru wrote: »
    I listed several things I’d like to accomplish this year in the New Years’ resolutions thread, but my primary goal on that list is to finish filling up the empty roadless world I began building in last year, and finally start playing it. I’m planning it as a fantasy realm for fairies and a small number of each of the other occult types and hybrids. I created 60 berry-style supernatural Sims to start, some of which will be my first generation actives played in rotation, and the rest are inactive residents intended to be role Sims, bosses and coworkers. It’s a smallish world with 40 lots; I’ve set up 23 as community lots and 17 as residential. Most of them I’ve built myself, although I did include some lots created by other simmers that I’ve expanded and tweaked to suit. I have just four more homes left to build now, so I’m in the home stretch!

Best of luck to you with your CAW project (I greatly admire those of you with the talent and skill to create entire worlds!), as well as your gameplay plans. :)

Good Luck with your world too :) I hope you will share some pics once you have your supernaturals moved in.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Computerglitch8Computerglitch8 Posts: 17 Member
    I wrote my own legacy challenge!! I have the first ten gens (that can all be done with just the base game) written, and i hope to add some more about expansions!! Im playing it to make sure everything I wrote is reasonable and im having alot of fun!!! Its neat to think the first legacy i finish might be one i wrote myself! (also i was wondering if i should post it on here? im so happy to see theres still people who love the sims 3 like me!)
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Good luck with it all and I hope you will provide a link to your blog when you are happy for us to see the content :) As for building the more the better :D

No sweat! It's on my signature.
    I've just organized the stuff related on this page: https://gamersplicer.wordpress.com/mcintyre-legacy/

@Hejix I printed a few screenshots and I used to have them on my wall. LOL
    We create so many stories with our sims that it's impossible not to get nostalgic. I think blogging their adventures is a way to keep those memories alive. I have many from other games as well.
    I'll be checking your blog later. The best way is to go casual an not force yourself. I've got many unfinished stories, some with buggy pictures, but I don't delete them.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    Hopefully continuing my (legacy) Selfacy into Generation 3... from the tragedy that happened to the Founders.

https://youtu.be/LX33T5LWtaU
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Good luck with it all and I hope you will provide a link to your blog when you are happy for us to see the content :) As for building the more the better :D

@Hejix I printed a few screenshots and I used to have them on my wall. LOL

I did too! Even put one at my work, my colleagues thought I painted it. It's fun to know we're not alone! :)

I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've been planning to get my 100 baby challenge off the groung with the settlers trying to start pregnancies and new settlers arriving to start new lives in the colony.I've also been planning to get my apocalypse challenge in Sunset Valley 2 progressed to the point where other families start to arrive and settle in while some start to get ready for babies after being settled in for a few years.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I’m planning to finish my heir’s generation by completing 6 tombs in France (Egypt and China are in the pocket, it’s her lifetime reward) and start playing the life of her son. Rough keywords being: strolling, living here and there, adding a stray dog and a wild horse to his household and then settle down to start a farm.

But I’ve started 2019 with building a tomb for RFlong’s new world, so the rest’s on hold for now.
    I want to complete a legacy.
    I want to get a meteor shower.
    And I’m going to explore much of the content I have but don’t use (into the future as an example)

Edited for spelling.
    And you’re going to play my tomb :mrgreen: :

Any pics of your new tomb??

So is the son generation 29 ? I really hope you manage to do the tomb challenge for his mum, I know you have been wanting to complete it for some time.
    Generation 22 that will be ;) This is the exterior of the tomb:

GMuBuRD.png

And a peek inside:

H2XQkVn.png

Looking forward to France! It has some really challenging and fun tombs.

5JZ57S6.png
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I want to build more - especially venues. And I want to play out a real family tree. Have the kids, grow them up, send them to Uni, and reach elder stage and death. Have not done that in forever.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    I wrote my own legacy challenge!! I have the first ten gens (that can all be done with just the base game) written, and i hope to add some more about expansions!! Im playing it to make sure everything I wrote is reasonable and im having alot of fun!!! Its neat to think the first legacy i finish might be one i wrote myself! (also i was wondering if i should post it on here? im so happy to see theres still people who love the sims 3 like me!)

What a good idea to road test your legacy challenge first. So glad you are enjoying the challenge too especially if you are only using base game stuff. Having never successfully completed a legacy challenge I'm not sure how you post the results on the forum. I should imagine lots of people would be interested in the results on why not set up a thread and start posting :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    I want to have a ultimate sim and use all the expansion packs. It may take longer than a year, but I want to master skills degrees etc. I want the sim to have a family, jobs as well.
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
    jaletu2005 wrote: »
    I want to build more - especially venues. And I want to play out a real family tree. Have the kids, grow them up, send them to Uni, and reach elder stage and death. Have not done that in forever.

Good Luck with the venue building. There is something very satisfying about following the life of a sim from beginning to end :)

Sim enim est vita
    @JoAnne65 your tomb looks well worth exploring :) and getting to generation 22 is really a major achievement.

Sim enim est vita
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited January 2019
    I wish all the luck to everyone here. ;)

Last year I wanted to venture into CAW but never did. Still, don't know when I will. This year I'd like to focus on my LEPacy challenge like I have been. (Currently on Gen 8 with Gen 9 just born). I vowed a few years back to not start any other save file/challenge until I complete this challenge. I'm thinking I might break that rule and start a Super Sim challenge (S3 style) on the side pretty soon.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    I want to have a ultimate sim and use all the expansion packs. It may take longer than a year, but I want to master skills degrees etc. I want the sim to have a family, jobs as well.

Goo Luck in creating your super sim :) It doesn't matter how long it takes as long as you enjoy the process. There are no time limits on this game thank goodness !

Sim enim est vita
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    I wish all the luck to everyone here. ;)

Last year I wanted to venture into CAW but never did. Still, don't know when I will. This year I'd like to focus on my LEPacy challenge like I have been. (Currently on Gen 8 with Gen 9 just born). I vowed a few years back to not start any other save file/challenge until I complete this challenge. I'm thinking I might break that rule and start a Super Sim challenge (S3 style) on the side pretty soon.

Good Luck with the challenge. Please let us know when you complete it :) The good thing about CAW is there are lots of instructions available and people in the CAW Tools section who can help.

Sim enim est vita
    I'd love to post my legacy and my playthrough of it!! though since i just made this account the other day i realize it might be a lil bit before ill be able to make my own thread. ill tell yall when i post in case any of you were interested in seeing it though! :)
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    I started my ultimate sim:
    LVbNpHj.jpg
    She is cute so I am going to add her in my other games as well!
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
    I'd love to post my legacy and my playthrough of it!! though since i just made this account the other day i realize it might be a lil bit before ill be able to make my own thread. ill tell yall when i post in case any of you were interested in seeing it though! :)

I'm sure you will get the necessary points to start your own thread soon. People here are always interested in what other people are doing with their games. There are a large number of creatives on this forum so you will be in good company :)

Sim enim est vita
    I started my ultimate sim:
    LVbNpHj.jpg
    She is cute so I am going to add her in my other games as well!

Yes she is cute. You will have to let us know how she progresses with her skill building :)

Sim enim est vita

I posted it just in case any of you were interested!! :D!
  • SweetAndSaltySweetAndSalty Posts: 23 Member
    I'm going to post my first chapter of my story. I haven't done this since the Sims 2 when I was like 12 years old (I don't care for the Sims 4, have it but don't play, so I stick with the Sims 3). It's been over 10 years since doing a story so I'm excited
    I'm going to post my first chapter of my story. I haven't done this since the Sims 2 when I was like 12 years old (I don't care for the Sims 4, have it but don't play, so I stick with the Sims 3). It's been over 10 years since doing a story so I'm excited

How lovely you are going back to story telling :) There are plenty of people here who enjoy reading the stories.

Sim enim est vita
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I've been planning to get my 100 baby challenge off the groung with the settlers trying to start pregnancies and new settlers arriving to start new lives in the colony.I've also been planning to get my apocalypse challenge in Sunset Valley 2 progressed to the point where other families start to arrive and settle in while some start to get ready for babies after being settled in for a few years.

It sounds like you have everything worked out to ensure you get the population of your colony just right.

Sim enim est vita
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    My plan for 2019 is simple...have one sim complete six degrees in University, the closest I have ever gotten is four... and to complete a ten-generation legacy. Only two things...for now. If I can think of anything else, I will revisit this thread and add to my answer!

That's two quite sizeable projects :) Having never had a sim with six degrees I would be very interested to see how you get on and any tips you want to pass on to others who are wanting to play the University EP.

Like I said in my previous posts, I had one sim get four degrees before dying from old age. This time around I plan on using every loophole I can...giving my sim the Athletic and Vegetarian traits usually helps them to live a bit longer. I don't use elixir...unless they learn how to mix it up on the chemistry set, and if they grow life fruit, they can eat that...sparingly. I have them learn the recipe for Ambrosia, but I rarely use it. I try to only allow my sim one bottle of elixir of life. So, they better have crammed a whole lot of learning in their lifespan! Death flowers come in handy too...If you give one to ole Grimmy...he might take pity on you and send you back to Young Adulthood. Or if, and I love this...If your sim was a loser in his previous life...he might have to relive it just for kicks! I have had that happen, only to have my sim finally die from electrocution!

Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p