Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to log into my account

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
This discussion was created from comments split from: Cannot Login / Invalid EMail or Password problem - fixed?.

Moving this to a new thread, as you are describing a different log in issue.

Comments

• purisu02purisu02 Posts: 21 Member
    Hi... I can't sign in with my account "purisu". it said "Click here to reset your password." but there was no button to click. Help?
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @purisu02 I just tried resetting my password here, and it worked fine for me. When I clicked Sign In near the top of the screen, I selected "Forgot Your Password?" below the password field, entered the email address associated with my account, did the I am not a robot captcha thing, clicked Submit, and I was sent an email with a reset link about ten seconds later.

If this isn't working for you, try clearing your browser cache, or use a different browser. I'm currently on Firefox.
    @puzzlezaddict hi. Yes that was what I did with "Forgot your Password". I have recevied the email and create new password but then it lead me to create a new username instead of autoconnect it with my previous "purisu". When I chose "purisu" it said the name already taken - so the option was either I enter my password again - which is failed OR I create a new username - this is why I created "purisu02" now. Can I still use "purisu"?
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @purisu02 Hmmm... so when you input the email that you used for your original account, it prompted you to pick a new username? What if you just put in "purisu"—maybe it was attached to a different email address.

If that's not the issue, then this should probably be handled by one of the community managers. Perhaps @EA_Mai will be able to sort things out, or at least tell you what you need to do to get your previous username back.
    @puzzlezaddict you're probably right - it was attached to different email address which I can't recall. But this email I'm currently using was also created long time ago. I have asked @EA_Cian to help me change back my username to 'purisu' and transfer all my points,badges,posts and everything to 'purisu'. I'm waiting either @EA_Mai or @EA_Cian help me solve this issue. :)
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited January 2019
    Hi @purisu02,

From what you describe, you have two EA Accounts. I understand this might be confusing, but it's not possible to transfer forum data from one account to another. What you could do if you don't remember which was the email address used for 'purisu' account is checking all your inboxes looking for the password recovery email. Once you have that email, recovering your password would give you access to your old account :)

You can also contact one of our advisers through EA Help and see if they can help, but for security reasons you will need more information about the account than the username for them to be able to help recover an account. It's important we sure that account is yours!
    hi @EA_Mai is it possible if you delete 'purisu' account, then once it deleted change this 'purisu02' to 'purisu' ?
    Hi @EA_Mai is it possible if you delete 'purisu' account, then once it deleted change this 'purisu02' to 'purisu' ?
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    purisu02 wrote: »
    Hi @EA_Mai is it possible if you delete 'purisu' account, then once it deleted change this 'purisu02' to 'purisu' ?

This is not possible @perisu02. :( To request an account to be deleted, you would need to contact us through EA Help using that account (so we know for sure you are asking for the deletion of an account that is yours).
    For that, you would need to recover the access to your account first.
    @EA_Mai :( any suggestion from you how can I use 'purisu' again? And btw, the '@' is not working now??