Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: Maxis Monthly - Episode 4

124...Next

Comments

• WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

More like: welcome to human emotion and reaction.

You can't control emotion, but you can control your reaction. More so if it's not verbal reaction but something you write.
    I still don't like this idea but I'm not mean about it. I can't even imagine how horrible feeling it must be before every lifestream, just waiting for people hiding behind usernames starting to write rude comments.
    Few more like these and they will stop doing Maxis monthly completely.

*raises hand*

I hope they do, I prefered the quarterly teasers.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    I was hoping to see something about the sims game, something new that is coming, not a music box. sorry but I have no interest in sims music. Well so much for that. I can't believe they have spent there time on this and not on the game play. to me this has nothing to do with the Sims game

They spent their free time on it. It didn't take away from them doing any gameplay that might be indevelopment. They said this repeatedly.
    Irrelevant. Its been repeatedly said that the issue was the way it was presented.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited January 2019
    Ok, now I read that it was a passion project of few gurus. Then I get it and don't understand why people are mean so much. Like terribly mean. You can disagree with stuff and just be nice about it.

I live in the US and I'm glad you asked what Alexa is. I learned from it.
    Dang, too bad people are disappointed. I hope all the negative comments don't deter them from doing cool things outside of work for us. The first person camera and now this. I like it! Only wish I had someone in my life who also played sims from time to time to compete with lol. These little things that are being done in the guru's spare time are really appreciated.
    I think there's a misconception about the Maxis Monthly being some kind of announcement platform, where in reality it's more like a chatty newsletter which sometimes contains announcements. It's a way of interfacing with the community that a lot of game developers simply don't do. If people can't handle themselves maturely, the devs and SimGurus aren't going to want to do it anymore, because why open themselves up to abuse for no reason?

Nicely written. Also, there are probably several people who will get some type of Alexa in the future and be able to use it then.

I'll say, I wasn't happy about the new Fame EP when I found out that was what we were getting, but I wasn't rude about it. However, I bought it a few days ago, while it was on sale half off, and was pleasantly surprised by some of the content I saw. I now have a sim in the business. I haven't played enough yet to find out much about it, but as soon as my real life calms down a bit, I plan to explore S4 more. I'm actually excited even though it wasn't what I wanted. Farming EP, house builder/interior decorator, that super cool thing they were planning with the graveyard mixed with the Afterlife thing would be awesome, and updated infants/more toddler kid toys/playground equipment ect. was what I was hoping for.

A couple of months ago, I would've read this and been disappointed, but not made a huge deal out of it. Funny enough, my son bought me a fire 7 with Alexa. He has yet to teach me about what all it can do, but if I listened correctly then I can use this to access these extras. Weird that I happened to get one and they put this out. I've thought to myself more than once that I was going to find Sims music to listen to once in a while. While content would've be nicer, I am excited about this. The trivia part doesn't excite me too much although I'm sure there are things I would learn that I didn't know and perhaps spark an interest to find out more about the unknown. Thanks team for developing something I didn't even know I could use.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited January 2019
    As the live stream of Maxis Monthly has ended at this point, I'll close this thread. If you'd like to discuss the Maxis Monthly announcements please pop on over to this active discussion.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top