Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's something you wish was overhauled?

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    inventory management. i rarely play ts4, but sifting through household and individual sims' inventories for a voodoo doll, collectible, or anything makes me cringe and is kind of soul crushing for me.

Yes! RPGs often sort inventory items by type. I wish the game could do that too. I've been playing a guy who gathers a lot of herbs and insects for the herbalism skill and it's a real pain checking for the other items he carries around.

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I forgot to add to my list:

update worlds to include toddlers. It's really sad not a single community lot is prepared for toddlers. It would be nice if toilets in parks had a potty by default and we don't have to add them in manually. And the playgrounds which are not on a lot need an update too. This is something we can't change ourselves, but they are completely useless for toddles as they are now.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    The Emotion System.

1. Get rid of the persistent Happy moodlet for having nice furniture and decorations. It skews every sim's emotions in a very unrealistic way.

2. Make Uncomfortable enhance negative emotions like Sad, Angry, Embarrassed, and Tense. Good/helpful moods have Happy as a booster, so we need some balance here.

3. Vampires: The Guilty Drinker weakness should give a Sad moodlet, not a Tense one. That decision really doesn't make sense to me, and makes me not want to use that weakness because of the poor emotion choice attached to it. Just sayin'.

4. We need a Fear emotion. Tense doesn't cut it. Uncomfortable doesn't cut it. We need FEAR!

5. Fix the memory system back to the way it was before: Screenshots marked as memories are linked to each save file, players decide what emotions are assigned to those memories for each sim. The changes to the memory system not only make it useless as a way of keeping track of your sims' stories, but also as an emotion manipulation tool. A cool feature reduced to a broken mess...so unbreak it.

That's just my two coins of the smallest denomination your particular country currently mints, though...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited January 2019
    Babys, Romance and Teens
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    I
    The Emotion System.

4. We need a Fear emotion. Tense doesn't cut it. Uncomfortable doesn't cut it. We need FEAR!
    /quote]

Definitely! It would be perfect for interactions with aliens and vampires, when the cooker catches fire, and even with lightning for some sims, perhaps.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited January 2019
    Consequences! Do they even exist in Sims 4 ?(I'm just kidding, I love the game.. just want more of a challenge!) I was so excited and kind of optimistic when I saw that bills were going to be different this time around. If you didn't pay, your electricity and water can get shut off.. it made me think that maybe the game is going to be more challenging and have more "drama"/twists/turns and all that. Unfortunately, not so much.

I want my Sims to dislike when their enemies are even in the next room. I want Sims to react better and also when something happens, I want them to be affected by it for more than a Sim minute, or "Sim hour/day". I want it to cause something to happen to them as a "Sim person". Like if that person cheated, would the person be so affected by it that they couldn't even get out of bed much ?, or did they drop that Sim and start going out with their friends and start finding a new love ?

I also want kids to run out to mom and dad when they come home from work and hug them. (I do like that when a new sibling is born, kids will react to it differently; thank you for this!), but I want more possibilities for situations.. like when someone catches them doing something, they should be upset, there should be rumors spread, there should be some kind of phone call, or text made and then the Sim that did the terrible thing could show up and then that could lead to all kinds of stuff. (Kicking them out, ending relationship, divorcing, etc).

I really like that reputation was added in Get Famous and I'm very happy that let's say that there was a Celebrity that was .. with another Sim that wasn't their significant other. Well, depending on where they're at, I like that there is that chance they can get caught. Then that affects their reputation! So, they have to be a good Celebrity in order to stay out of any troubles that could come their way. :)

Obviously there is way more that they can add than just something that happens with cheating. (As I make sure to play my game very good. I have 'perfect' couples), because, I don't like the idea of cheating in real life, but in my game, I should try to open up to other scenarios to get out of my comfort zone. Where I can make things happen like that because it is just a game and not real life.

If not here, I'd love to see this feature in some way implemented into Sims 5. Definitely would like to see them focus on how situations can affect a Sims day and it be more in-depth. I just want more moments. Happy, sad, good, bad, etc. And I want those moments to change how my families are or who they become, etc.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Something that's already in the game but you wish was different. How would you change it?

For example, the Sickness system for me. I dislike it greatly compared to sims 2. It's really only a temporary skin "tattoo" with an uncomfortable moodlet.

To change it:
    • Hospitals can be visited by anyone, not just doctors/pregnant sims. (Requires get to work for active hospital lot, otherwise anyone with just the base game can go to a rabbit hole hospital)
    • Make sickness a base game feature so it can be expanded on with other packs.
    • Sickness can kill if you do not rest. Note that sickness will not kill your sims if you treat them properly, either through rest or medicine among other things.
    • Toddlers/Children/Elders are more susceptible to illnesses, however it will never kill toddlers, but you can have them taken away if you don't take care of them.
    • Add seasonal allergies, these won't kill however.
    • Add Grandma's soup from sims 2, which is a cure all, but should require possibly high parenting skill?

Can't wait to see your ideas :)

The Photo Thingee from Get To Work were your sims can have a picture made together but there is no npc to take the pic so you must move a sim into your household to take the pic of your sims.

Also the whole romance system needs to be overhauled since sims can't do romance options in the bed and there is no attraction system so they can be attracted to any sim.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I forgot to add to my list:

update worlds to include toddlers. It's really sad not a single community lot is prepared for toddlers. It would be nice if toilets in parks had a potty by default and we don't have to add them in manually. And the playgrounds which are not on a lot need an update too. This is something we can't change ourselves, but they are completely useless for toddles as they are now.

I believe Littlemssam has a mod that allows Toddler's to spawn in parks. Might be thinking of another modder, if you're interested I'll try to refind it.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited January 2019
    Retail with the full shopping experience cash registers lines for it shopping bags actual clothing racks and changing rooms.

Fridges require you purchase groceries and don't have an endless supply

Real babies

Be able to hire your own Sims in restaurants and play as waiter cook and hostess.

Lot types like Sims 2 where you could combine multiple business types and they all work

Expand emotions with fear

Traits actually change how your Sims behave unique interactions and animations depending on traits such as a lazy Sims does not make its bed or is unhappy when doing household chores or work.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    The_RatticatorThe_Ratticator Posts: 28 Member
    The thing I want overhauled the most is chance cards:
    - Bring back the ignore button, for one. I still don't understand why it was removed to begin with. Some people like chance cards, while others don't. I lean more toward the latter, but I definitely see the appeal of them. I think an ignore button would be a good compromise. Those who like to take chances will still be able to, and those who don't can just click the handy dandy ignore button.
    - Make both choices have a good, neutral, and bad outcome. A lot of chance cards have a fixed correct choice. I think it would be much more interesting if there was more of a randomness to every chance card.
    - Give the chance cards bigger consequences, be they positive or negative. If you pick the correct choice, you could win big. You could get a simoleon bonus, a permanent raise, or even an instant promotion. If you pick the wrong choice, though, you could lose big. You could lose simoleons, have your salary reduced, get demoted, or even get outright fired. The standard performance gains and losses could still be possibilities as well.
    - Give the chance cards more variety in general. Seriously, they can be so repetitive. One time I had the exact same chance card pop up three days in a row.
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Base game careers need to be given the City Living treatment, imo. That's the overhaul I want that I think could actually, like, happen.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2019
    Ghosts for one - they need to be more than just bar night visitors - sims having a fear factor and cowardice trait needs to come back, and most definitely get grave yards and mausoleums back to pick up our missing urns of family members who die. I sadly have to play with aging off to keep from losing family members - so much.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I wish the photo studio would be overhauled so that you could ask a sim to take a photo of your couple (or single Sim). As it is now, the option is pretty useless in most cases, e. g. for newly wed which live on their own.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    I'd like the option to paint portraits and choose whether you are painting a single sim, a pair or a group (i.e. family portrait). You can technically paint sims through Paint From Reference but it can be a pain getting the sim you're painting to look at the camera correctly so a proper function to do this would be ideal. I think Sims 3 had the ability to do this but I might be wrong.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Emotions. They should take inspiration from the meaningful stories mod. @SimGuruHydra @SimGuruKate @SimGuruNinja @SimGuruGrant @SimGuruGrant
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    roBurkroBurk Posts: 8 New Member
    I like this thread, and I'm reading it all, and I'm taking notes. A lot would be very doable with modding.
  • Options
    CheetahAlyssaCheetahAlyssa Posts: 345 Member
    • I feel like Outdoor Retreat and Jungle adventure are vacations you go on once and then forget about. I think it would be nice if sims could like have whims to go on a vacation, or to have some kind of incentive to go there more than once.
    • Time Management. Timing is something that seems very unrealistic in the Sims 4. Eating something takes at least an hour, and going out to a restaurant takes like 5! I find it hard to take care of my sims needs before they have to go to school/work when it takes so long for them to do things.
    • Autonomy. I am someone who loves to make a bunch of sims I really like and watch them do things on their own. However, nothing interesting ever happens. When they aren't sleeping, eating, bathing, or working, they just want to watch TV or play on the computer. I mean, I do this in real life, but it's no fun in the Sims. Also, I would like more autonomous relationships. Friendships are rarely started autonomously, and I would also like an option for autonomous romances.
    • School. It just feels so useless in the Sims 4 right now. I mean, kids and teens almost NEVER do their homework without you telling them to, and when you forget they end up getting a worse grade. However, it seems to me like it barely matters in the end.
    There's more but it would go on quite a while and start making less and less sense.
    A Part Of The Journey Is The End
    original.gif
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited February 2019
    • School. It just feels so useless in the Sims 4 right now. I mean, kids and teens almost NEVER do their homework without you telling them to, and when you forget they end up getting a worse grade. However, it seems to me like it barely matters in the end.
    There's more but it would go on quite a while and start making less and less sense.

I completely agree that the school system could use an overhaul. However I have been having an opposite experience (with the Parenthood pack installed). Kids seem to autonomously do their homework and even get As without any effort on my part. They may go for a while without doing homework, but once they start, it raises their Responsibility, and then that impels them to do their homework more and they all usually end up with Bs and A's and maxed Responsibility on their own. (In fact, if I want them to not earn the Responsible trait, it takes more effort on my part.)
  • Options
    vampiredude09vampiredude09 Posts: 77 Member
    gameplay wise, I think illnesses for everyone and being able to visit the hospital and police station (and adding the burglar) would be great, also, I know it sounds like a broken record, but, cars and garages, just for show, no need for gameplay

build/buy mode wise, other than diagonal stairs and different shapes (L, U, spiral, ladders), what i think could help is not a color wheel, but recently i played the sims 3 again and what i think would be great is from CASt, not the color wheel, or the RGB code, but the rainbow swtches, but for everything, just to be sure everything matches, you don't even need to make coloring so detailed, just with letting us choose the color swatch would be fine (what i mean is the picture) with every piece of furniture, just the coloring part, no need for all the texture stuff, just COLORS, I just want the furniture from every pack to match.

IMG_20190201_223755105.jpg

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Having ability to add apts in other worlds would be amazing.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Amuni50Amuni50 Posts: 112 Member
    I realize this is an older thread, but I thought I would post anyway. I would love the option to turn off the bouncy camera when I'm trying to use the second + floor of a lot. It drives me insane!
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »

I completely agree that the school system could use an overhaul. However I have been having an opposite experience (with the Parenthood pack installed). Kids seem to autonomously do their homework and even get As without any effort on my part. They may go for a while without doing homework, but once they start, it raises their Responsibility, and then that impels them to do their homework more and they all usually end up with plum and A's and maxed Responsibility on their own. (In fact, if I want them to not earn the Responsible trait, it takes more effort on my part.)

This is my experience too, my kids do their homework autonomously all the dang time and I have to really, really try to get them to NOT earn the Responsible trait (and I've never, ever managed to tank it enough to get 'Irresponsible,' alas!).
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2019
    • The emotions system. I really like it sims show their emotions and that it influences their welfare and how they react, I really hate however how it’s caused by totally random auras instead of interactions with other sims or actual sitiations they’re in. The auras literally kill the fun for me way too often. And I think it’s a missed opportunity emotions and in what way sims react aren’t linked to their traits. A good sim will get just as irritated and in the exact same way as an evil sim.
    • Multitasking. Must say I don’t care about multitasking in the first place (I’m fine with sims queueing up tasks one by one and doing them one by one) but apart from that: it’s implemented in a poor way. They don’t multitask, they still do everything one by one. The only difference is we can’t control it, they do it one by one autonomously and it takes ages. If there has to be multitasking, I want it to really be doing two things at the same time (which would require an unique animation).
    • Babies. It’s such a shame they went downhill in that respect in every new iteration.
    • Teens. I’m one of those simmers who’d like them a bit shorter, because I consider length a thing for a particular sim. Teens nowadays may be taller than their parents, they weren’t taller at 14 than they are at 21. Apart from that reality factor: it’s a game and a game needs clarity, plus real deviation between life stages in this game means fun. It’s one of the reasons we love playing families.
    • Fake backdrops. I don’t feel I have to explain that one because, I mean... fake backdrops. Even (“even”) Sims 2 does that better.
    • Tiny neighborhoods. If there has to be no open world (and I realize that’s defensible, even when it takes away a huge chunk of the charm for me personally), why settle for five lot neighborhoods with loading screens when you cross a street? That for me is not defensible.
    • No control over sims at the other side of a loading screen, basically becoming worse than an inactive sim in the predecessors because time goes by without that sim doing anything.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    leave_blank77leave_blank77 Posts: 26 Member
    A overhaul of the emotions / traits system. Sims are lacking in personality and depth compared to previous games. Traits just seem to do nothing more than give a sim a random buff / debuff every now and then for no real reason.

They need much more situational awareness and consequences. I had a mean sim go off on her daughter for no reason. They had a high relationship score, but when she was done with her little jihad the relationship was almost to the red. The daughter just smiled and said I love you mommy. When you lose 75 relationship points, there needs to be a real reaction to it.

Improved family meals. The only way to get them to actually sit and have a meal together is to go to a restaurant. I'd like to have them actually serve a meal and sit together like they did in TS2. Even in TS3 they would at least sit together while they ate. Also to have some sort of meal planning like in Dine Out where you can have a drink, meal and dessert. Only at home.

Tone down some of the weaponized hyperactivity or give us multiple autonomy settings like in TS3. I know, TS4 is supposed to be "active and vibrant" but there is a fine line between active and obnoxious.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    A overhaul of the emotions / traits system. Sims are lacking in personality and depth compared to previous games. Traits just seem to do nothing more than give a sim a random buff / debuff every now and then for no real reason.

They need much more situational awareness and consequences. I had a mean sim go off on her daughter for no reason. They had a high relationship score, but when she was done with her little jihad the relationship was almost to the red. The daughter just smiled and said I love you mommy. When you lose 75 relationship points, there needs to be a real reaction to it.

Improved family meals. The only way to get them to actually sit and have a meal together is to go to a restaurant. I'd like to have them actually serve a meal and sit together like they did in TS2. Even in TS3 they would at least sit together while they ate. Also to have some sort of meal planning like in Dine Out where you can have a drink, meal and dessert. Only at home.

Tone down some of the weaponized hyperactivity or give us multiple autonomy settings like in TS3. I know, TS4 is supposed to be "active and vibrant" but there is a fine line between active and obnoxious.

I agree so much with you about personalities, relations/reactions and emotions. They need to fix this as soon as possible.
    Lu4ERme.gif