Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the sims5 possably in 2020 so start posting what you would like in the sims5 basegame from day1

hello to all I do not know if this article is true but seem sims5 might be announce this year with a possible realise for 2020 so start posting what you would like in the sims5 while its still in the work https://www.christiantoday.com/article/the-sims-5-release-date-news-dlc-update-rumors-new-game-to-launch-2020-as-ea-is-still-focused-on-upcoming-sims-4-dlc-packs/127545.htm

I will start

1 laundry in base game

2 season pets and true vacation in the base game

3 more choice in appliance from retro to modern (1950 to 2019)

4- in game options to customise the sims game to fit each player playstyle

5-cars to name a few because the list is long
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

Comments

• wiredhanna67wiredhanna67 Posts: 402 Member
    as you said definitely laundry in base, seasons and pets and cars cause I'm getting a lil tired of buying the same expansion packs over and over again.

Strollers! Daycare career! Babies, Toddlers, Child, Pre-Teen, Teen more life stages!
    Realistic babies again! *sims 2 throwback*
    better children clothes and guy clothes!
    baby clothes!!!! car seats!

personally I'd like the emotions to stay in game but have like a therapist career that your sims can also visit! for when they're sad and stuff or to help deal with family deaths or divorces n stuff.
    bathe babies in the sink again!
    and thats what I would like for the base game! (:
    gLQgzBe.gif
    The voice in your head is just me in your headphones, Everyone knows that we're the devils hero's!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    There's already threads about TS5 started last year filled with ideas. Maybe you could post on those so that there aren't million different ones just saying :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    as you said definitely laundry in base, seasons and pets and cars cause I'm getting a lil tired of buying the same expansion packs over and over again.

Strollers! Daycare career! Babies, Toddlers, Child, Pre-Teen, Teen more life stages!
    Realistic babies again! *sims 2 throwback*
    better children clothes and guy clothes!
    baby clothes!!!! car seats!

personally I'd like the emotions to stay in game but have like a therapist career that your sims can also visit! for when they're sad and stuff or to help deal with family deaths or divorces n stuff.
    bathe babies in the sink again!
    and thats what I would like for the base game! (:

thank you for posting and I also like some of your ideas and I think they need to bring back the sims2 changing tables as well as the option of messy dipers on the floor if sim is a slob neat sims should also have the instinc to keep there house clean or get an angry or tense moodlet if they see the house is a mess like for exemple messy kitchen with dishes not done or put in the dishwasher
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited January 2019
    Start from scratch... again ?

Sorry but the only thing I want is impossible to do... The Sims Ultimate Complete Collection (All the packs included at the launch day).
  • iluvchoklateiluvchoklate Posts: 197 Member
    With the practices that EA has, I really doubt I will buy into the sims franchise after sims 4. It will really have to blow me away with the build mode in order for me to purchase it. I've literally spent a fortune on this game where I didn't on the sims 2 or sims 3. This was the first sims game I bought expansion and stuff packs for and I was not impressed by the cost. I do love the sims so I hope they finish this iteration of it before moving on.
    I would like to see spiral staircases and more build mode options in the current game.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Semi open world, aka open neighbourhoods.
    Newspapers, home phones.
    Dishwashers, pools, spas.
    Not just walk style, but also eating style, greeting style, sitting style, lounging style, laugh style.
    Layerable clothing.
    Toddlers and middle age, before launch.
    Grudges.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • DenairixDenairix Posts: 1 New Member
    Better not, i don't want they rush that fast again.

Biggest wish for Sims 5 would be performance and open world, terrible at Sims 4.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Sorry but the only thing I want is impossible to do... The Sims Ultimate Complete Collection (All the packs included at the launch day).

Me too lol. And I'll be fine to pay 100 dollars if it happens.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

Me too lol. And I'll be fine to pay 100 dollars if it happens.

It would cost far more than $100 and take much longer than a year to put everything in the base game. I'm guessing five years and $500, at the very least. There is no way I'd pay that much for a game out of the gate. Until they added toddlers and made some crucial fixes, Sims 4 was $70 down the drain.

It also forces players to have things in their game they might not want. Even if you could toggle everything, you're still paying for it. (And from a testing standpoint, that would be a nightmare. Add another five years to game development if you want it fully tested and free of serious bugs.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    • Color wheel
    • Some sort of open world
    • Laundry in base game
    a256aFi.gif
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Preteens and middle aged sims
    NPC vechiles brought back
    Burglars brought back
    Police and Firemen brought back
    Baby out of the cribs
    No crazy expensive rent
    Bigger Worlds (Very Big World's)
    Open Neighborhood
    Pools
    Ghosts
    All ages.
    edited January 2019
    It also forces players to have things in their game they might not want. Even if you could toggle everything, you're still paying for it.

Just all the video games already get things I don't want but I'm still forced to pay for these things too.
    But I can choose to pay the full price at launch day or wait for the sales and pay a price up to 10 times smaller.

Nobody force you to pay $500 when a few of years later you can get it at $50.

The DLC system makes the base features be optional.
    Originally Toddler DLC was a paid content but they understood it would make the community very angry.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    A CAST system, I miss the color wheel and patterns for clothes and furniture

Real babies not tied to one specific object.... should have, baby bath, changing table, crib, swing etc. dirt diapers, you need to throw away, and being able to lay babies down on the floor on a blanket.

Children being able to play together without objects, tag, cops and robbers, etc. expanded upon in packs.

Having to buy each piece of clothing, jewelry, makeup, etc. it’s more realistic and makes the game more fun for me. I Don’t Particularly like put together outfits. And want to be able to buy clothes off of a clothes rack.

I want multi-tasking back, and gardening, fishing, etc. (essentially skills we have now.)

A want a choice to follow my sim to work or school. I love active careers.

I would like multiple lots like home and retail. Cafe and lounge. Etc.

Pre-teen and a stage between Adult and Elder.

Retail from the beginning. We should be able to make a grocery store, and clothes and furniture store from the beginning. I see these things as essential. It could be expanded upon in packs ( future packs could add things like candy shop, Bakery, jewelry store, make up counter, ice cream shop, toy maker and toy shop, flower shop etc.)

I like the carpentry station where you can build wooden objects to sell or use. I would like to see more things like that in additional packs I also like the idea of tons of sims meals that can be expanded with packs as well. I also love the collection system, but things like frogs should have the choice of being a pet, or just an object. Children could gain responsibility from feeding them, gain friend ship from playing with them. And they could be sold and bought in a store.

I think parenthood should be included in the basegame, but could be expanded in later packs.

I think the club system should be base game. And many different types of clubs could be added with later packs ( ballet, martial arts, drama, scouts, bowling, romantic night out, etc., dance and dance off’s etc.).

Although it may not be base game, please let us sell cats and dogs in a pet store like in an earlier iteration.

Cars should be brought back early in the packs.

It would be nice to have an open neighborhood with at least 8-10 lots. It would make it easier to add things like cars, skateboards, roller skates, bikes, strollers and motorcycles.

Please make gift giving from the beginning so that you can give children gifys of money after they move. This could be expanded on later to include gifys that might not necessarily fit in a personal inventory.

I love the openness of being able to work from home and not have to actually go to a job.... good choice, I want to see that again.

There are so many new objects you can bring back in packs..... I love hot tubs, buffet tables, games of all kinds, darts, foos ball, pool table, bakerball, rock climbing, yoga, meditation, aerobics class, different arcade games, the card table. Please make different table games in packs to add to the card table, the list is infinite. And please continue stuff packs..... I enjoyed buying a new small pack each month with new clothes, hair styles, new furniture!

Please have larger worlds with more lots.

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    @SheriSim57 I love your ideas what about sims shoping to buy a house rather than select the house from the menu this means they would live at the start in an apartment but as the family grows if started with a couple they look at the option and start shoping for houses with an npc real estate agent (new carrier)

• PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    I would like to see spiral staircases, to follow my sims to work like in the sims3,see sims cut their yards with lawnmowers.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I want aliens in the base game, like in TS2. But I want them to be TS4 style. I also don't want abductions to be near impossible.

I'd love to see the things that were in TS3: Generations available in the base game. Next to Supernatural, that was my favorite pack for TS3.
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited January 2019
    The article is just some person speculating with no sources and mentioning over and over that nothing is being hinted at as far as TS5. As far as the gurus have said, Rodiek said they have content planned until 2021 (since he said it in 2018). Hopefully they take their time and make a solid base game that is entertaining from the getgo.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    @SheriSim57 I love your ideas what about sims shoping to buy a house rather than select the house from the menu this means they would live at the start in an apartment but as the family grows if started with a couple they look at the option and start shoping for houses with an npc real estate agent (new carrier)
    That sounds like a good idea!!

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I agree that Seasons and Pets should finally be in the base. Start of with maybe just rain (as intended with TS2) and add other weather effects throughout later EPs. Pets should be dogs and cats with other animals added later. This way we will not have to buy a Seasons or Pets EP for a forth time!

I also think that the game should come with a built in world editor to edit the world as and when you want and chose your own lot sizes. Let us chose a community or residential lot. No restrictions and no cartoonish looks.

We also need CASt again as well :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    It also forces players to have things in their game they might not want. Even if you could toggle everything, you're still paying for it.

Just all the video games already get things I don't want but I'm still forced to pay for these things too.
    But I can choose to pay the full price at launch day or wait for the sales and pay a price up to 10 times smaller.

Originally Toddler DLC was a paid content but they understood it would make the community very angry.

At that point, it would be an abandonned game with no support from EA, because it would have sold so poorly at the initial price. Those who could pay hundreds of dollars wouldn't, and it would be out of the range for most people. I'm not kidding about the price - to put all those things into the base game would take hours and hours of development, and developers like to get paid. If you start out with a completely new game, you can't just copy code from previous games.

The toddler update wasn't free - the developers got paid, and we paid them by purchasing additional packs. (Sales of the game and expansion packs since the toddler update have proved that this marketing decision was right. EA has made the money paid to developers many times over from revived interest in the game.) Toddlers had been part of the base game since Sims 2 (and were modded into The Sims by a talented modder). It was a huge mistake to take them away, and they should have been the first priority after release.

The rest of this stuff has never been part of the base game (except for cars). I would rather developers focus on the game itself - better AI, more options for building and customisation, a more robust engine and fewer bugs.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    I would understand laundry from the get-go, but asking for seasons and pets too is maybe overstepping. The base game might as well be +$100 then.

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Where did you get this bit of misinformation from?
  • DesignasimDesignasim Posts: 87 Member
    Lounge chairs, my pools look so empty without them.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited January 2019
    1. CASt.
    2. Open world/neighborhood.
    3. Ability to edit the world/neighborhood including being able to place lots where we want them.
    4. Terrain tools.
    5. Limited backdrops. Backdrops hamper our ability to customize our worlds/neighborhoods. It looks a bit ridiculous to create a medieval
    neighborhood or farming community, for example, with modern-looking or high-rise buildings in the background/backdrop.
    6. Toggles. Give us options to choose what we want to play with and what we want to exclude. Some people play with one save, but a lot of us
    have multiple saves. Gives us the ability to customize each save, to be able to toggle certain features on and off.
    7. A true mute/silent feature for the phone. I use a mod called Unlisted Phone Number that let's me chose who can call/text me. It prevents
    every random sim who every inserted themselves into a conversation uninvited from spamming me with unwanted text messages.
    edited January 2019
    @invisiblgirl

I agree with you, that's why my wish is impossible to realize.

@IceyJ wrote: »

Where did you get this bit of misinformation from?

Survey 2015, Toddler was a main feature of Generations Expansion Pack.
    I doubt this EP would be free, that means they thought a second to make us pay for this life stage before changing their mind.

Instead they split it into 3 parts:
    • Toddler Patch
    • GP05 Parenthood
    • SP12 Toddler Stuff
    https://simsvip.com/2015/08/08/the-sims-4-new-expansion-pack-survey-released/
    Generations - It's time to raise a family!
    Raise your children from babies into toddlers. Watch as your children grow into moody pre-teens and help them overcome the tribulations of youth.
    Create a Sims family dynasty that will last forever.

It's time for your Sims to settle down and start a family!
    Raise your children from cooing babies into rowdy toddlers, with all the fun and excitement that youngsters bring.
    Watch as your children grow into moody pre-teens and help them overcome the trials and tribulations of youth.
    Help your family grow and flourish into a dynasty that will last forever.
    • Toddlers: For the first time in Sims 4, you can experience the joys of [... missing part ...]
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on