Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

After Witches

Comments

• JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Werewolves
    I think the question is after Witches and Werewolves what supernatural would we like to see next.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Mandy_LynMandy_Lyn Posts: 33 Member
    Werewolves
    @leetamme After Witches and Werewolves, I'd like to see the return of the mermaids.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited January 2019
    Werewolves
    leetamme wrote: »
    I think the question is after Witches and Werewolves what supernatural would we like to see next.

Fairies. I would be stoked if we just get Witches and Werewolves done as well as Vampires were. I don't think we will get much more than that.
    We could get Mermaids as a temp state/NPC in a ocean-type vacation world though. It doesn't make much sense to flesh them out if they are limited to one world - they aren't going back to recode any waters.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Werewolves
    Werewolves. I can’t wait to use the club system from Get Together to make proper packs.
    ~ ~ ~
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Werewolves
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Werewolves. I can’t wait to use the club system from Get Together to make proper packs.

Yeah, I always look at Get Together as the Pack that could have brought Werewolves. In that Sense Pack Mentality, and Clubs work hand in hand, and what better way to model Clubs after Wolf Packs.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • KriticalKlownKriticalKlown Posts: 198 Member
    Werewolves
    I want them Werewolves
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Werewolves
    @MasonGamer They could still implement special club traits in a Werewolf pack that would only be active if you own Get Together, similar to how Vampires introduced lot traits specific to vampires that wouldn't be available unless you own City Living.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Fairies
    Fairies, but really, much like The Fae that flightly tiny people with wings. Beings who can be wonderful or whom you would not cross. Those sort of faeries.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    Imaginary Friend
    Imaginary friends for me.
    I don't see what werewolves, robots or zombies bring to the game..
    It was a hard choice between imaginary friend, fairies and mermaids though.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Fairies
    As of now, werewolves seem to have a good lead on other supernaturals. Honestly, of all the choices after witches, they do have the most potential for their own game pack. (Still I personally want fairies more :D )
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Werewolves
    I want friendly Werewolf interactions like tummy rubbing or something.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Werewolves
    Anmirla wrote: »
    leetamme wrote: »

Fairies. I would be stoked if we just get Witches and Werewolves done as well as Vampires were. I don't think we will get much more than that.
    We could get Mermaids as a temp state/NPC in a ocean-type vacation world though. It doesn't make much sense to flesh them out if they are limited to one world - they aren't going back to recode any waters.

I'd like to see a return of mermaids and fairies. But I'd want the fairies wings to be hideable this time.

I wish they would recode all the waters for open swimming. But I know that is a BIG Wish...
    WbUrFQm.png
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    Werewolves
    Werewolves or fairies is very likely, but I really crave fleshed out mermaids!
  • IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    edited February 2019
    Werewolves
    Werewolves, because my vamps need other supernaturals to feud with!
    I'd love to see an in-depth gamepack about werewolves, back in TS2 they couldn't do much, apart from inducing mass bladder malfunction.

*edited because typos
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    Something New - Please comment
    I'd love to see the ability to create one's own supernatural type, rather than having to rely on preset "species".
    I imagine this feature wouldn't produce "hybrid" variations of two species -- hybrids that include all the powers of both -- rather, it would be more of a "select a single x power from x species, a single y power from y species" and come up with something new.

Another variation of this pack [which I am now more in favor of as I go back and read this] is to add very small powers to the pack, in order to have a pool of combinable "supernatural traits" to choose from?
    EX: Cosmetics, such as feathered wings for enhanced movement speed, or possible "flying" that could allow the Sim to teleport to a specific spot/maybe teleport to a different lot?
    Powers, such as ones that increase the ease in which a Sim learns a certain skill, successfully perform romantic interactions, etc.
    Curses(?) that could be your new race's ultimate weakness. [EX: This supernatural race tends to fail at x-type interactions, has great difficulty learning x skill, x need decays far faster.]

By combining a supernatural "part" [cosmetic], a "power/trait", and a "curse", you could come up with your own kind of supernatural race to use in your Sim world.

Of course, there shouldn't be anything extremely overpowered in the power/trait pool.
    That's up to our modding friends, haha. ;D
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Imaginary Friend
    Okay I voted for Imaginary Friends because A - that would be a really cool thing for toddlers and children, like in the Sims 3. Maybe they could customize the appearance of their friend though. And B - this could also introduce some type of reincarnation of the Social Bunny! When your Sim's social need gets so low that they start talking to their own type of imaginary friend. I loved those guys. They were a little ominous, but only a little lol.
  • CatladyCatlady Posts: 25 Member
    Fairies
    I think it's kinda funny that no one voted for Zombies. They were sooo incredibly annoying in The Sims 3!
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited February 2019
    Werewolves
    Catlady wrote: »
    I think it's kinda funny that no one voted for Zombies. They were sooo incredibly annoying in The Sims 3!

I want Zombies, but I don't want them to be their own pack. I want them to be raised from the dead and also be a temporary life state of the living by curse or potion by Witches.
    No one wants them to destroy gardens and be useless. They should have a purpose - slaves controlled by Witches!

If they were created by and controlled by Witches, those who didn't want them wouldn't have to worry about having them. Some might even start playing with them if they were introduced with a different approach.

*Wow, I can tell I'm not awake yet when I reverse entire words and not just letters! :#
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Robots
    While I wouldn't exactly call them supernaturals, I'd like to have robots. And not just one male and one female version either, as it was with Servos; I want to be able to customise them just like human sims, decide how human they will look, if their voices have an echo to them or not, what material ("skin") they're made of, etc.

As a life state, they would also have several strenghts and weaknesses and unique gameplay options; I would find it interesting for them to come with a limited capacity for skills, for example, so they can learn every skill faster than humans, but only master so and so many of them before their memory is full. If they want to learn something beyond that, they have to either delete something else or be upgraded somehow. Speaking of upgrading, a new robotics skill should definitely come with whatever pack introduces robots, and robots shouldn't be waterproof until the corresponding upgrade has been done.

The first sim I would create with a feature like this would be EDI from the Mass Effect series, and now that I think of it, I wish we already had it...
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Fairies
    I voted for Fairies as I would opt out of werewolves but would buy the pack for the objects!

I'm thinking though that Genies (Djinns) could be a fantastic addition to an Oriental type world. They can be good or evil.

And to go with the latest Freebie patch of Chinese New Year items why not add the NIAN.....the reason why red is the colour for for their new year............

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Taken from https://www.ancient-origins.net/myths-legends/ten-mythological-creatures-ancient-folklore-001805

According to tales and legends, the beginning of Chinese New Year started with the fight against a mythical beast called Nian, who had the body of a bull and the head of a lion. It was said to be a ferocious animal that lived in the mountains and hunted for a living. Towards the end of Winter when there was nothing to eat, Nian would come on the first day of New Year to the villages to eat livestock, crops, and even villagers, especially children. To protect themselves, the villagers would put food in front of their doors at the beginning of every year. It was believed that after the Nian ate the food they prepared, it wouldn’t attack any more people. The villagers would live in terror over the winter, but over time they learned that the ferocious Nian was afraid of three things: the colour red, fire, and noise. So when the New Year was about to come, the villagers would hang red lanterns and red spring scrolls on windows and doors. They also used firecrackers to frighten away the Nian. From then on, Nian never came to the village again. According to legend, the Nian was eventually captured by Hongjun Laozu, an ancient Taoist monk, and Nian became Hongjun Laozu's mount. After Nian was captured, everyone had a big celebration and the ritual involved in banishing him was repeated the following year, and so the ritual was passed down from generation to generation and the custom of celebrating New Year with firecrackers, noise, and the colour red has persisted to this day.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • AvianatorAvianator Posts: 188 Member
    Fairies
    I have no idea what people are expecting from werewolves.
    Personally I have absolutely no interest in werewolves at all. Moreover I don't think they could offer any interesting game play.
    So far I haven't read anything besides "I want werewolves cause they are cool".
    What do people want to do with them?
    Running through the woods? Howling at the moon? Sounds quite boring imo.
    Playing a dangerous creature attacking other sims? This game is targeted at 13 years old girls so better don't expect something like that.
    So what's left besides a maybe cool looking transformation? In my opinion werewolves simply don't have enough game play value to justify their own pack. They should be part of a Supernatural pack imo.

Talking about robots I'm just wondering why they are on this list at all. They aren't even supernatural, they are machines.
    Maybe they could indeed offer enough game play for their own pack but that could be a future-themed pack as well cause they are simply not a supernatural lifestate.

Genies? Imaginary Friends? They could be fun once or twice but there's no way they could fill a pack on their own. Let's be honest.

The only supernaturals on this list that have the potential to justify their own pack are mermaids and fairies. But personally I doubt we will ever get another supernatural lifestate pack after witches. A general Supernatural pack including several lifestates is probabaly the only chance for them to ever make it into the game.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Imaginary Friend
    Avianator wrote: »
    Genies? Imaginary Friends? They could be fun once or twice but there's no way they could fill a pack on their own. Let's be honest.

The only supernaturals on this list that have the potential to justify their own pack are mermaids and fairies. But personally I doubt we will ever get another supernatural lifestate pack after witches. A general Supernatural pack including several lifestates is probabaly the only chance for them to ever make it into the game.

I mean the question was not asking what supernatural pack we'd like next, rather what life state we'd like to see, but I totally see your point! I voted for Imaginary Friends and you're absolutely right, there's no way that would be its own pack. Maybe they'd fit into a pack that focuses on the toddler/child life stages, but since we already have Parenthood (which arguably focuses on parenting I guess) I don't know if they'll ever make it into the game lol.

Genies would be awesome in a Middle Eastern pack (or a travel pack including Middle Eastern themed culture/locations). But I'm not sure that I would want them to be a playable life state. This is coming from someone though who doesn't care for playing supernaturals to begin with lol. Mermaids would be tight but they were so botched in TS3 they'd really need to make it something new for TS4 otherwise what's the point haha.

I don't even think witches would be introduced in their OWN pack. I feel like The Sims wouldn't release a title with "Witch" in any form. If they went the "Makin' Magic" title route, that could include witches, fairies, genies, maybe even mermaids. I think this game is geared to a wide fanbase, which includes (as you said) 13 year old girls. Imagine the uproar in our society today if 13 year old girls were asking their parents for The Sims 4 Witchcraft gamepack lol. I don't think that'd fly.

At this point maybe I've read too far into this but... it'd be fun to have a general supernatural pack with several life stages. I also agree with the werewolf thing - I don't see the appeal. They were annoying in previous games honestly.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Fairies
    Catlady wrote: »

I never played Sims 3, and I still don't want them. I can only picture them as vampires that are just stupider and uglier.

I voted for faeries, though I would be happy with pretty much any new supernatural right now.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Fairies
    I just now thought of this and too late to change my vote, I know. But as far as new supernaturals, I think it would be supercool to have shapeshifters who can change themselves into another Sim. Or gorgons who could petrify people.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.