Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Script Mods Not Working

Hi, I'm having problems getting my script mods to work. Currently I have the Risky Woohoo mod installed, and the KS Explore Mod installed as well, and they show up as CC and not Script Mods in the game options folder. I have the script mods clicked on and have tried everything to get them to work. Restarted my game by making a new mods folder, checked if it was the mods itself, but nothing seems to work. Help please!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    With script mods, they can’t be more than one folder level down in your mods folder. You need to place the script mods either directly into the mods folder, or only in one level/folder in the mods folder.
    For example, with the MCCC mod you can have
    Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 -mods-MCCC
    But you can’t have Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 -mods- Script mods- MCCC

Try placing the mods directly into the mods folder and see if that helps
  • Options
    Tylan343Tylan343 Posts: 49 Member
    Hi! I did that as well and it still doesn't work.
  • Options
    There was a new version of the explore mod released towards the end of December, so it would be best to download the latest updated version and see if that helps.
    I don’t think that we can post about the other mod on this forum.
  • Options
    UrPriinceeUrPriincee Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2019
    Hey, I'm having issues with my script mods. MCCC, UI Cheats aren't working. I tried updating my game and removing the old files of my script mods and getting the updated version and it's still not working. Script mods are enabled and everything... PLEASE HELP!!

Removed references to adult mods ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @UrPriincee Most of those aren't mods we're permitted to discuss here.
    Re. UI Cheats, check that you have script mods enabled in your settings and then restart the game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Hello @UrPriincee
    Some of those mods that you posted about we are unable to post about in the foriums , as they are adult mods and higher the rating level of the game.

With script mods, they can’t be more than one folder level down in your mods folder. You need to place the script mods either directly into the mods folder, or only in one level/folder in the mods folder.
    For example, with the MCCC mod you can have
    Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 -mods-MCCC
    But you can’t have Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 -mods- Script mods- MCCC

Try placing the mods directly into the mods folder without any sub folders.
  • Options
    Talking_DogTalking_Dog Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi, I am having problems with some of my mods. I have a few custom career mods installed and almost none of them work. Sometimes they show up, but my sims can't earn any money from them, and other times, they don't show up at all! I've tried disabling OneDrive, checked to make sure the game was updated, and even checked that I was using the latest version of the mods. I can't fix the problem and now I'm stumped. Can anyone help me?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Hi, I am having problems with some of my mods. I have a few custom career mods installed and almost none of them work. Sometimes they show up, but my sims can't earn any money from them, and other times, they don't show up at all! I've tried disabling OneDrive, checked to make sure the game was updated, and even checked that I was using the latest version of the mods. I can't fix the problem and now I'm stumped. Can anyone help me?

Hello @Talking_Dog
    Try removing the mods from your game. Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files
    Then download the mods freshly again, and test to see if the issues remain.

Also try placing them directly in the mods folder, not in a sub folder.
  • Options
    I just reinstalled the mods and they still seem to be broken. I don't use subfolders so that wasn't a problem for me lol :) It's possible that I'm not installing them correctly as I couldn't find any solid advice on how to install mods with TS4script files.
  • Options
    I just reinstalled the mods and they still seem to be broken. I don't use subfolders so that wasn't a problem for me lol :) It's possible that I'm not installing them correctly as I couldn't find any solid advice on how to install mods with TS4script files.

There were some career mods that were broken by the Get Famous patch @Talking_Dog They may not have been updated, so are still broken. It would be best to check to see if the mods are on the list on the broken /updated mods thread
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-famous-nov-18#latest

There are also usually installation instructions on the site where the mods are downloaded.
  • Options
    I checked the list and you were right, the mods I'm using haven't been updated. Well that blows, but at least I know what the problem is now. I'll see if I can get some working mods from that list. Thank you for your help! I'm really grateful :smiley:
  • Options
    I checked the list and you were right, the mods I'm using haven't been updated. Well that blows, but at least I know what the problem is now. I'll see if I can get some working mods from that list. Thank you for your help! I'm really grateful :smiley:

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    Jadamarie0708Jadamarie0708 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello my Script Mods are not working. It shows them at start up and all my other CC but when I try to play my sims they aren’t there, or when I customize them. No I haven’t disabled script Mods, I’ve allowed them many times. Can anyone help me?
  • Options
    Hello my Script Mods are not working. It shows them at start up and all my other CC but when I try to play my sims they aren’t there, or when I customize them. No I haven’t disabled script Mods, I’ve allowed them many times. Can anyone help me?

Hello @Jadamarie0708
    Try checking this thread of broken /updated mods, and see if your mods are on them. They may have been broken /not updated since the Get Famous patch
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-famous-nov-18#latest
    Try also, removing the mods and download fresh new copies of them.
  • Options
    Jadamarie0708Jadamarie0708 Posts: 2 New Member
    Okay I’ll Try that
    @rosemow
  • Options
    QueenClementineQueenClementine Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi! can someone help me with the script mods. Non of my script mods are working and ive tried everything like the 'move mods in the desktop' and 'installing 64 bit to my windows' that someone like rosemow has said to other people with this problem, ive noticed that the things that the other people have done have worked with them, but it hasnt worked for me and im starting to loose my pacience, does anyone know what else i could do to solve the problem. Thanks xx
  • Options
    julanascjulanasc Posts: 1 New Member
    hi, (idek if this is the right place to ask this but oh well) so last night i downloaded some mods/cc. I have a mac and watched youtube videos on how to do it. I moved it from downloads>desktop>sims4>elec.art>mods folder. None of them needed to be unzipped and were in the package form. I enabled scipt mods and cc on my game options but when i open my game none of my mods show in the game options for cc and script mods.

I repaired the game, updated it, deleted all mods in my mods folder (except for resource), downloaded a new one this morning and it still will not show up. I'm not sure what to do. I've read about 4 different websites with the same question but nothing is working. SOS pls help and sorry this is so long.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    @julanasc Did you go to the game options on the other tab and enable mods and script mods? If you have and they are still not showing the mods maybe broken or outdated.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    Nova_StormNova_Storm Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, I have a slightly different problem but it still fits into the category of mods not working. You guys know how you have to disable mods to get certain things to work like the freelancer career? Well how do you get the mods back without any of the glitches?
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Nova_Storm wrote: »
    Hi, I have a slightly different problem but it still fits into the category of mods not working. You guys know how you have to disable mods to get certain things to work like the freelancer career? Well how do you get the mods back without any of the glitches?

There are quite a few Mods out there and not all are going to interfere with the freelancer career. You should narrow your problem down to the Mod that you are using that is actually causing the issue and contact that creator for assistance. You can find the culprit using the 50/50 method. You really shouldn't have to turn off all of your Mods when it's just one that is conflicting with that career, you should be able to just pull it from your Mods folder when playing your freelancer Sims.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Search your mods and see if you have one that is specific to any, or all, of the freelance careers, or a custom career mod that needs to be updated. Using mods that haven't been updated can corrupt save files. I have never had to turn off my mods just to play a career so which mod are you using that makes the freelancer career unplayable? Which part of the freelancer career, or which one of them, isn't working for you? Your question makes me curious as to what is causing the issue and I would like to help. But I think I need a bit more info. :)
  • Options
    everva28everva28 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I am having a problem where none of my script mods are working. I recently got a new pc and my old pc was running my script mods just fine but when I switched to this computer, none of them were working. I do have cc installed and they work fine as well. I have tried clearing my cache, reinstalling the mod, allowing and disallowing mods. None of it works. Can anyone help?
  • Options
    AllamahAllamah Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm pretty new to mods and CC and all that stuff, but I've downloaded quite a bit of CC and one or two simple mods like making sims want to eat at a table, ect, but I tried downloading a bunkbed (Which I though would just be CC but when I open my game it's under script mods) and a farming mod, but they arn't working. I download them the same way I have done with everything else I've dowloaded and most of them show up in the mods pop-up thing when I open my game, but they still don't work in actual gameplay. I've tried turning script mods off and on again in settings, starting new saves, and I wanted to delete and re-make my mods folder, but it wouldn't let me. I've seen lots of other people with similar problems but whenever they were fixed it was by doing something I've already tried. Does anyone know a solution to this?
  • Options
    DreamdiorrrDreamdiorrr Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello I know I’m reallly late the party but I need help nowww . So I've just switched to a Mac to an hp desktop and ian download sims and all the cc but my script mods aren’t showing up in the startup they do but when I tap on my sim I don’t see Slice of life , Mcc , basemental d*** the main ones . Plz help !
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited October 2020
    Hello @Dreamdiorrr

It's difficult to tell what exactly the issue is, it's either the options.ini file that needs to be replaced or that it is your antivirus software that needs to add Origin.exe, ts4_x64.exe and ts4.exe as an exception to your antivirus software or that your gameversion needs to be changed in the gameversion file.

also, make sure that you don't have any files in your configoverride folder.

They are posting about this over at Answer HQ: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Can-t-activate-my-mods-after-new-update/m-p/9560277#M190494