October 18 - Take a look at the Friday Highlight and discover some awesim discussions! Click me!
October 18, correction: 11AM PDT - Join us for a Guru Garage! Details here.
October 10 - A new The Sims 4 update is ready for you on Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Details here

How Did YOU Discover The Sims Franchise?

1235...Next

Comments

• Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,751 Member
    Other
    I heard about it on a late night talk show, and found it on sale a few years later at CompUSA around 2003.
  • DeafSimmerDeafSimmer Posts: 892 Member
    Other
    It was either 2008 or 2009 when I found out about the Sims. Used to play Sims 2 Pets on Gamecube, but lost interest for some reason. Then, on a computer at my old house, I saw an advertisement about the Sims 3, and thought it looked interesting. I took a hiatus from the Sims until the later part of 2012, where I got my own computer. The charm of the Sims 3 was what got me really immersed, despite its issues. I still play Sims 3 to this day, but sometimes the Sims 4.
  • KersiexxKersiexx Posts: 237 Member
    I was first introduced to the Sims Franchise from the Sims FreePlay lol. Played it years, but I could never get my hands on the actual Sim Games. I had no laptop, then I suddenly had an idea “I hAvE aN xBoX!” Then I got Sims4 for Xbox. I have only played Sims4, FreePlay, and Sims Mobile. I would love to play Sims2 simply because of those lovely cutscenes, but Sims4 is the only game for Xbox. I have a laptop now that just got from repair yesterday, but it’s still screwed up and randomly turns off sometimes, so I don’t expect to be getting Sims for laptop.