July 16 - The Sims 4 players, it's patch day! Check what's new for PC/Mac here and for console here.
July 16 - We will be performing a maintenance on The Sims 3 servers today. Details here.
July 12 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!

How Did YOU Discover The Sims Franchise?

124...Next

Comments

• amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 165 Member
    edited June 29
    Through a friend
    I must’ve been about 9 or 10 and my best friend brought me round her house to make my family on the original Sims because she decided she really wanted to have our whole friendship group in her game 😂 I remember that I went home and raved about how great creating my simself was, so my parents bought me ts2 and Nightlife for Christmas. Was absolutely obsessed from then on. I did stop playing for some time because ts3 became so unplayable with multiple packs that our pc couldn’t handle it, but I started buying ts4 again about three years ago. This game keeps pulling me back in!
  • GumbyGumby Posts: 46 Member
    Other
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    My friend and I had gone to Circut City because my friend wanted a game for her Imac at the time. Well, she picked up the Sims1 and read the back of it. I also read it and thought it was not a very good game. Well we went back to her parents house and installed it on her Imac and we stayed up until 5:00 the next morning. Then I asked my parents if I could get the Sims1 and I did. My parents even bought me some of the expansion packs for my birthday. :)

Then Maxis announced Sims2 and we saw the trailer and of course genetics. That was where I fell in love with aliens and alien abductions. :) I have finished a regular 10 generation legacy and an alphabet legacy.

Sims 3 is my favorite because of the open world, cast, alien abductions, genetics.

Sims 4 I do own some of the expanison packs and stuff pack. But it doesn't hold my attention that long unlike the Sims3 and Sims2.

Your Circuit City story is similar to mine. I went shopping at Circuit City with my boyfriend (now husband). He is the computer game player, not me, so i very rarely bought anything for myself when we went. But this one time was different. Bored while he was looking at games i picked up a copy of the sims deluxe edition and read the back of the box. I thought "that sounds like it could be fun" but then put it back down. When we were about to check out and leave the store he asked me if i wanted anything. I would usually say no but this time i said "you know...I think i do this time". I went back and picked up that copy of the sims i was looking at. OMG!! I've been hooked ever since. Almost an addict. lol!
  • Galaxygamer346Galaxygamer346 Posts: 21 New Member
    From one of my friends online. We were chatting around and she told me about the sims and I should try it out. Been hooked ever since (this was around before ea. :smiley: Still love the sims!
  • DedudamolDedudamol Posts: 8 New Member
    The Sims 1 i find from my friend. When i installed this game i was scared because my sim burned. Scary music and scream. Uh... xD
  • Monda76Monda76 Posts: 8 New Member
    I started out with Sims FreePlay on my iPad but wanted more that’s when I started looking on the internet and found LP’s on Sims 4 & I got the base game for my birthday.