January 18 - Friday Highlight is here, waiting for you to check it out!

How Did YOU Discover The Sims Franchise?

2...Next

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 6,626 Member
    Other
    I was shopping with my kids at the big bad Walmart sometime in 2000. There it was on a shelf.. The Sims.. I know I got it shortly after release because there were no EP's yet. The guy in line with me joked that I should move the fridge and toilet into the room with me because I'd be hooked. He was right about being hooked.

516alf.png
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 18,551 Member
    Other
    I was reading Entertainment Weekly (magazine) and they did a review for it (the original Sims game). I clipped the article and stuck it to my refrigerator with a magnet because I was so taken with the concept. I got it the day it was released and have loved it since.
  • EliGrangerSimmerEliGrangerSimmer Posts: 21 New Member
    Through the internet
    I found the sims when I was about 8 and watched youtube videos on it and I had the sims freeplay (I know it plum) but I just wanted the sims. I think I was 11 when I got the sims 3 on console and that caused a lot of fights between my brother and I over the xbox as he wanted to play Minecraft. For my 12th birthday I got the sims 4.
  • CheetahAlyssaCheetahAlyssa Posts: 143 Member
    Back in like 2013, I was watching cute animal videos on YouTube (I was like 9 and obsessed with animals.) Then in my recommended, an image of a virtual dog, cat, and horse caught my attention. I clicked on the video, where someone was playing a game called, "The Sims 3 : Pets." After watching that video, I immediately went to watch more and more, before I finally got the game for myself, first on Xbox. I was obsessed with the Sims for a while, but then found Minecraft ( :| ) and slowly lost interest in the Sims. But in late 2016, I started to watch a lot of content from YouTubers' Dan and Phil. If you know who they are, then you know they have a Sims 4 series with Dil Howlter, and other additions to the family. After binge watching that, I knew that I wanted to get back into the Sims more.
    A Part Of The Journey Is The End
    avengers-end-game-trailer.jpg?w=1000&h=563&crop=1
2...Next