Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Computer, old saved games, lost patterns

I got a new computer and yesterday I finally installed Sims 3. I downloaded all my old store content, put my backed up saves, custom worlds, and patterns into the files. I loaded an old save of my custom world Greenwood Grove. The file of the world is a blank world with just terrain, trees, roads, and lots. Because of a CAW glitch with lots of store content I had to use a save file to build and populate it. So I went to this old save, made a new copy and started a game only to find that the objects and walls I built with custom patterns (that were all copied into the new computer before loading this save) are now blank. The objects and walls colored with these patterns are blank, dark grey, and strangely shiny.

I guess this is a thing across all my games, which is downright infuriating. Building is my thing with Sims 3. I spent a year on that world and now all the patterns aren't working and I don't know how to fix it unless I go back and repattern every single item step by step, or just build an entirely new world altogether.

Anyone know what I can do?

Comments