Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day 10 of Simsmas: New year, new surroundings

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
My Sim had a crazy New Year's party.

Really... truly crazy.

This level of craziness:

eooczklck1i1.png

See that mess? It used to be her living room.

On the tenth day of Simsmas... she needs us all to help her get her living room back! Your challenge of the day is to download that room into your game (from here, or searching for my forum name in The Gallery), and turn it into a living room where she can... well, live.

A couple things to keep in mind:
  • There's no need to use all the objects in the room, but buying new items is not allowed either.
  • You can change colors to existing objects.
  • Cloning objects is allowed, but only once (so you have 2 of each).

Once you are happy with the result, share a screenshot with us!

Note: Not sure how to download things from The Gallery? We have a guide for you here!

PS. If you upload the result to The Gallery, tag it with #Simsmas2019! :smiley:

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    edited January 2019
    There's a fine line between something looking "lived-in" and "unbearably cluttered", but I'm not quite sure where that is. (Also, can never have too many area rugs! ...Maybe!)

6d435e82d8.png
    5d2494deb2.png
    Also how could I resist adding that random toilet paper roll into this?
    (Who brought that to a New Year's Party, lol!)

Also took some first-person shots:
    663f5588ff.png
    d6659e2974.png
    1055d49e52.png
    7fc33c52c8.png

Edit:
    I also wasn't sure if we HAD to keep the room's original dimensions, so I kept the room the same size, and just threw out what I didn't use.
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    This looks like so much fun!!!!! I'm excited to try this days game out :D
  • CatladyCatlady Posts: 25 Member
    This is an amazing idea and it was so much fun!
    I couldn't really decide on one screenshot, so here are a few more (I hope it's not too many)

The whole room suddenly evolved around that orange couch. I just discovered that this orange swatch has an interesting texture to it, which really intrigued me, so I had to use it.

h.t.t.p.s://imgur.com/gallery/fG523D3
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited January 2019
    Oh dear! I think I figured it out! Your SIM lives in an apartment, one neighbour decided they would host the party so they brought over the extra furnishings so there would be room at their place for all the guests and dancing. Another neighbour wanted to wax their floors over the holidays so your SIM said “no problem” now your SIM needs to go back to work and is really hoping the neighbours come get their stuff back. That the storyline I’m going with.

Just as I suspected @EA_Mai , your SIMself had three living rooms worth stuffed in there.

Your SIMself's living room:

fCCLCuv.png
    eSud17F.png
    KRI3LIB.png
    My SIMself has helped herself to your SIMself's home
    hu89cSn.png
    e51xBXq.png

The living room of the neighbor who had the party
    Lb2Z8eG.png
    ShBM0xa.png
    JoAlienSIMself just helping herself to that living room too
    bikzWxU.png
    Kg8Yv7R.png
    qSEyCbu.png

The living room of the neighbour who needed to wax the floor
    OyNpSOx.png
    skRBLMX.png
    TBbNiyM.png
    J0LIMQD.png

The yard sale of the remaining items
    only 3 lights and three rugs
    nOVbglW.png

Here is the lot if you want to count and verify
    Post edited by JojoMOMSTER on
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Catlady wrote: »
    I couldn't really decide on one screenshot, so here are a few more (I hope it's not too many)

The whole room suddenly evolved around that orange couch. I just discovered that this orange swatch has an interesting texture to it, which really intrigued me, so I had to use it.
    h.t.t.p.s://imgur.com/gallery/fG523D3
    Album link :)
    https://imgur.com/gallery/fG523D3

• AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @EA_Mai Are we allowed to reduce/enlarge objects?
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,086 Member
    edited January 2019
    This is how she put her living room back together.
    ftZ8ajK.jpg
    7yr6Bv9.jpg
    watching TV
    NMHuG2b.jpg
    writing a book next to the tree
    4kkjdXo.png

• pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Here's my finished product.. Opted to keep things simple. :)

qZeVO5f.jpg
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited January 2019
    My Sim will be happy to have so many great options, thanks for sharing your screenshots!

Iyasenu wrote: »
    I also wasn't sure if we HAD to keep the room's original dimensions, so I kept the room the same size, and just threw out what I didn't use.
    Allears wrote: »
    @EA_Mai Are we allowed to reduce/enlarge objects?

@Iyasenu @Allears Good questions! That was perfect, @Iyasenu, yes, the idea was to keep the room same size, but if anyone already changed that, don’t worry about it! Reducing/enlarging objects, as well as using moveobjects or moving objects up is allowed.
    Oh dear! I think I figured it out! Your SIM lives in an apartment, one neighbour decided they would host the party so they brought over the extra furnishings so there would be room at their place for all the guests and dancing. Another neighbour wanted to wax their floors over the holidays so your SIM said “no problem” now your SIM needs to go back to work and is really hoping the neighbours come get their stuff back. That the storyline I’m going with.
    @JojoMOMSTER Hahaha, I think she should sell some of those objects ;)
    edited January 2019
    @Catlady Let me help with the screenshots: :smile:
    Catlady wrote: »

YlLkJqJ.png
    cfGp1yM.png
    hAcB0Xm.png
    eJuLtHw.png
    ati4yO5.png
  • CatladyCatlady Posts: 25 Member
    @EA_Mai thank you :)
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    This was a lot of fun! :)

kdkoseU.png
    oQOBt62.png

k4IBFNE.png

x4wExh9.png

WnZXlAT.png
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    TCTyJS8.png
    gLxUmyy.png
    U6gk5lh.png
    qPl8jAs.png
    I meant to delete the bulletin board and forgot. but i had so much fun with this!!!
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited January 2019
    Woah that was organized chaos in there. I had to take everything out and sort it first LOL. This is my final result, will upload it with the hashtag now :)

syNEcTz.png

j3M2czU.png

Edit to add link to room in gallery. Here is my day 10 of simsmas challenge room :)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited January 2019
    Available in the Gallery under my Origin ID (justme22):

Imgur not cooperating today -- may have to wait and post tomorrow. :'(
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    edited January 2019
    Here's my entry for the 10th Day of Simsmas!
    aqg3qC0.jpg
    Xlm65Yt.jpg
    fJxzANM.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2019
    Here's my try at putting things back where they belong in this room. Boy was this a challenge! I started out with a red/white theme, then blue/white and finally settled on green/beige with pops of red. In hindsight I should've put a Sim on that lot to light the fireplace and tree, but oh well. *shrugs* I put it on the Gallery with the hashtag too if anyone wants it. My ID is the same as here.

O0lXja8.png

More pics including an overhead view under the spoiler!
    hxp31m1.png

IVcZMnw.png

eYzCimI.png

BUraVAO.png

tgCgIDS.png

QcIOzK6.png

OsWBl3T.png

ix4OMjy.png

I am loving what everyone else has done for this round too, some really creative and beautiful rooms! Great job y'all! :)<3

EDIT: Oh, forgot to say, I moved the windows. I hope that's okay and not against the rules @EA_Mai o.O
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    EDIT: Oh, forgot to say, I moved the windows. I hope that's okay and not against the rules @EA_Mai o.O

That’s ok @Karababy52 - I see how moving them was important for you for the symmetry :smile:
    Don’t worry about the fire or tree lights either, it looks great as it is!

I’m also finding interesting many of you didn’t like the glass door in the room :smiley:

Thanks everyone for participating and sharing your screenshots, I love seeing the different results! <3

Iyasenu wrote: »
    Also how could I resist adding that random toilet paper roll into this?
    (Who brought that to a New Year's Party, lol!)
    @Iyasenu Hahaha, I was wondering if someone would keep it! (I had my fun creating the challenge as well ;) )

@Catlady Congrats on becoming a member! I like you kept lots of plants in the room (and that they never die on The Sims because in real life... they don’t usually last me very long :D ).

@JojoMOMSTER You took the challenge to another level! :lol: Definitely you proved you storyline ;)

@coolsim9999999 The change of color to the floor around the fireplace - really interesting touch! I try to avoid placing rugs near the fire, this is a great alternative!
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    Here's my finished product.. Opted to keep things simple. :)
    @hyrulerose Simple is sometimes the best, and awww, my Sim has a fish in your version! :smiley:
    Allears wrote: »
    This was a lot of fun! :)
    @Allears Glad to hear that! Brave use of orange and yellow as main colors, looks great!

@Shadami you gave those tables a very original new use as shelves! :love:
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Woah that was organized chaos in there. I had to take everything out and sort it first LOL.
    @mcrudd Great use of the green! Little confession: when creating the room, the idea was to select and buy the objects, then taking them out of the room and placing them again sorted by category or better organized... but when I finished buying everything I was afraid if I took everything out I wouldn’t be able to fit it all in again! :D
    Available in the Gallery under my Origin ID (justme22):
    Imgur not cooperating today -- may have to wait and post tomorrow. :'(
    Let’s add a link so everyone can take a look easily :smile: >> @stilljustme2’s room in The Gallery.

@TheGreatGorlon some cookies on the desk + fruit near the couch = a happily fed Sim! :smiley: And those big gift boxes...!

Hope I didn’t miss anyone, writing this using my phone! :blush:
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2019
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Karababy52 wrote: »

That’s ok @Karababy52 - I see how moving them was important for you for the symmetry :smile:
    Don’t worry about the fire or tree lights either, it looks great as it is!

I’m also finding interesting many of you didn’t like the glass door in the room :smiley:

Okay, cool. Thanks! So happy you like it. Hope your Sim does too, if you ever use it. ;) Oh, yeah, LOL! Concerning your comment, I have a thing for symmetry and color coordination. I'm not very keen on the eclectic look in my builds. Some Simmers do a fantastic job with that kind of design though. I envy them sometimes. I've tried to do that style and it always ends up looking balanced anyway. *shrugs*

Anyway, er, uhhh, what glass door? The room I downloaded didn't have a glass door. I thought those that had a glass door in their build added them. o.O Huh, weird... *cue Twilight Zone theme song*

EDIT: Or maybe it did and I accidentally deleted it when I got rid of some curtains and didn't notice. Very possible, I guess. Woops! lol
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Thank you very much for your super comment about my room @EA_Mai B)! I'm happy you liked how I changed the flooring color under/in front of the fireplace :)!

Great rooms, everyone B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Yeah I wanted to try to use as much as i could and the walls were so tall. shelves felt perfect <3

also what glass door? I don't remember one? I know there was a glass table though.
    @mcrudd Great use of the green! Little confession: when creating the room, the idea was to select and buy the objects, then taking them out of the room and placing them again sorted by category or better organized... but when I finished buying everything I was afraid if I took everything out I wouldn’t be able to fit it all in again! :D

Hahahaha I can just immagine :D , you had it fit in there quite good, don't think I would have been able to fit it all back in there once I had it out LOL. I am glad you liked the green. I also had it furnished for after Christmas so did not place the Christmas decorations as we have allready taken all of ours down allready ;)

Hahahaha I can just immagine :D , you had it fit in there quite good, don't think I would have been able to fit it all back in there once I had it out LOL. I am glad you liked the green. I also had it furnished for after Christmas so did not place the Christmas decorations as we have allready taken all of ours down allready ;)

• Orchidah1Orchidah1 Posts: 193 Member
    edited January 2019
    Day 10 - Phew! That was hard work cleaning up after that party! Ximenia and Maddox were more than happy to help your sim out @EA_Mai They decided to go with a home cinema-ish ;)

NI10mYo.png
    XIPSMOG.png
    6XqcvbX.png

Glad they could help B)
    znfT5ZS.png

cHZLxDX.png
    B4KeGig.png
    Room is up on the gallery #Simsmas2019
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited January 2019
    Here is my Simsmas decorated room. Whoa! There was a lot of stuff packed in there! I didn't use everything and went with a green theme. It was a fun challenge. Enjoy! It is also up in the gallery Simsmas 2019. Here are some pics.

FIREPLACE-SHOT.png
    BACK-SHOT.png