Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day 7 of Simsmas: Wrapping up 2018

After 365 days, the year is coming to an end - time to look back at what 2018 brought for our Sims!

Rainy days, famous Sims, houses on hills... if you had to choose one single feature, item or option added to any The Sims game this year, which would be your favourite? Show us with a screenshot!

7hyu4qyvutha.png

Comments

• Orchidah1Orchidah1 Posts: 193 Member
    edited December 2018
    My highlight is the long-awaited terrain manipulation! :#B)<3

Landscapers can now change their property beyond just their houses. Allowing me to build hills, raise terrain and create multi-tiered properties! What I'm hoping to have brought back in is the water creation tool to create ponds B)

Steampunk HillCabins <3

1N27st1.png
    66k6JKt.png
    4UOoX8T.png
    Can be found on my Sims Gallery
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    TERRAIN MANIPULATION
    Fear the tower of power

uvaQFfj.png

Forgive me i'm tired
    EMrBkJP.png
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Seasons, to be sure!
    As soon as I saw that your Sim could become supercharge with lightning, I went out and tried it.
    Luckily he didn't die, but I got a neat picture of a supercharged Vampire!
    6785749bae.png
    2bfa4eff5c.png
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    The fun additions that came with Jungle Adventure.

03-02-18_10-21-47-PM.png?w=800
    Chopping through trees!

03-03-18_12-48-01-AM.png?w=800
    Lightning bugs, bees, bats, and more!

03-11-18_1-51-31-PM.png?w=800
    Temple skeletons!

03-25-18_2-20-54-AM.png?w=800
    And the fun treasures that can be found!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    840.jpg
    Seasons.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • RavenclawDragonlordRavenclawDragonlord Posts: 17 Member
    edited December 2018
    45820866524_56e23192aa.jpg
    Seasons - Because Pippa building a snowman with her dad is just so cute!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    As much as I love Season's and Get Famous I'd have to go with Jungle Adventure. It was so much fun. Will definitely be going back.

nlrMm81.png
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    So many people have already highlighted Seasons, I'm going for Get Famous

Video station

dsavlo5.png

And can't forget the drone!
    VhH4Hkk.png
    image.png
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I absolutely love Get famous, I used to play sims 1 Superstar all day and night, had a little notebook to write down the reactions of what she picked to do and it was the best ever, so now that we have Get famous I am over the moon happy. And those views woooooweeeeee love those views, such a beautiful world too <3<3

PEmChwN.png

JPZP5r0.png

SdDuRAL.png

YvjD90C.png

0gJVtpN.png

Did I say how much I love Get famous yet :p:D
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    WD3F2Bc.png

Though I like what Seasons adds to gameplay, there's nothing like having a room full of Sims swoon and fall on their faces for you. <3
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited January 2019
    the sprinkler B) --- and my main family's twin girls playing in it at my version of Lakeside Retreat :D!
    KoGKjz1.jpg
    4kkjdXo.png

• Profams66Profams66 Posts: 1 New Member
    do we have anything for new years
  • layix3nglayix3ng Posts: 111 Member
    Cats & Dogs <3
    It was released last 2017 but it's still my most favorite and I'm very thankful for this feature. :smile:
    r123dlv.jpg
    *insert cool siggy here*
  • dzidziak86dzidziak86 Posts: 78 Member
    [img][/img]8aKmStN.png
  • JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    How about that #positivitychallenge ehh? hahaha well I just love when we get live challenges during the year!

tzIy01P.jpg
    dP2QXcW.jpg

Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited January 2019
    I would have to say that I love the Seasons pack. I never had a chance to play it in Sims 3, and just, love, love, love it.
    fried-by-a-lighting-bolt.png

I love how all the seasons look in Windenburg, so pretty.
    a-neautiful-day-in-windenburg.png
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    The fun additions that came with Jungle Adventure.

03-02-18_10-21-47-PM.png?w=800
    Chopping through trees!

03-03-18_12-48-01-AM.png?w=800
    Lightning bugs, bees, bats, and more!

03-11-18_1-51-31-PM.png?w=800
    Temple skeletons!

03-25-18_2-20-54-AM.png?w=800
    And the fun treasures that can be found!

Antwan!!! My blue baby <3

I'm not sure what my favorite feature was this year. I loved so many things.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I love Seasons and most of all the snowpals :*
    3qiKilP.png
  • KilyleKilyle Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm new to the forum so I'm apparently not able to upload a screenshot -- and I just got the Sims 4 (I'm still enjoying Sims 3 a lot), so I'm not familiar with the changes specific to this year or how they affect my gameplay. However, I did look up the 2018 updates a bit, and it looks like the one that means the most to me (right now) is being able to Name Your Own Career.

Since I'm a YouTube content creator, a fanfic author, a hobbyist game creator and artist, and tutor of many subjects (along with being a writer in many media that aren't fanfics, and various other entries in my "jack of many trades" skillset), I'm well aware that there are times when a person's career options can't be summed up in the limited set of descriptions that the game devs could come up with, however thorough they might be. So being able to set whichever term I find most appropriate is actually really gratifying, and I look forward to being able to put that feature to use.

Does that count for this challenge?
  • KilyleKilyle Posts: 8 New Member
    > @SimTresa said:
    > So many people have already highlighted Seasons, I'm going for Get Famous
    > Video station

There's a video station?!! Man, I was gonna be content with the base game for a while before getting any of the expansions, but now I feel like I NEED that expansion. Even though I have no interest in the fame part of it. Being able to create a YouTube content creation setup would be awesome! (Way more awesome than the kludgy mess I've got going in my house... I've literally recorded videos from a camera tied onto a broom handle with shoestring and ponytail holders.)

Can I change my vote? XD
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    Kilyle wrote: »
    > @SimTresa said:
    > So many people have already highlighted Seasons, I'm going for Get Famous
    > Video station

There's a video station?!! Man, I was gonna be content with the base game for a while before getting any of the expansions, but now I feel like I NEED that expansion. Even though I have no interest in the fame part of it. Being able to create a YouTube content creation setup would be awesome! (Way more awesome than the kludgy mess I've got going in my house... I've literally recorded videos from a camera tied onto a broom handle with shoestring and ponytail holders.)

Can I change my vote? XD

Yep and it can be upgraded. SIms earn royalties from the videos along with faime. There's also a music station.
    image.png
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited January 2019
    On the seventh day of Simsmas
    My Sims game gave to me

Game goodies in 2018,
    Building Simsmas,
    Guess the Guru game,
    A Treasure Hunt,
    Holiday decorations,
    A Simsmassy avatar
    and
    Father Winter comes visiting!

Since I don't own some of the newer content, I am choosing the ability to experience seasons along with various activities as a favorite addition to our game.
    parkwinter3.png
    The changing of seasons affects gardening by adding seasons for each harvestable.

01-04-19_8-29-06-pm.png
    Even though I don't have snow where I live, seeing the different Snowpals makes me smile!
  • tclvistclvis Posts: 17 Member
    Beekeeping! I just love watching them swarm around the plants and go off to help woo. (apparently haven't commented since TS3, so can't post a screen.) Seasons was fantastic, thanks.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    tclvis wrote: »
    Beekeeping! I just love watching them swarm around the plants and go off to help woo. (apparently haven't commented since TS3, so can't post a screen.) Seasons was fantastic, thanks.

Hello @tclvis :)
    You have the required points to become a full member and just need 4 more posts then you will become a full member and can post screenshot pictures on threads. You will soon be a full member! :)