Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Believe I waited This Long To Start The Scientist Career

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
edited March 6 in Nominated Threads
I'm having an absolute blast with it! For me most of the careers are one and done but this is one I might try again with another sim. Was just cleaning out my sim's inventory and decided to see what would happen if I tried to transform some objects. I transformed some crystals and got several rare My Sims trophies and fossils that I had not found. Then I decided to transform one of the Jungle Adventure relics and it caught on fire! No problem. I'll just use Mr. Chilly, my freeze ray to extinguish the fire.

kNTMFax.png

uTyX3OR.png

58F83Wx.png

Immediately after she got a breakthrough and can now create the slimify serum.

k2Si2mr.png

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't run into some of issues others have had with the scientist career. :o
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    I have not experienced a lot with the Science career, hell, my sims were never really interested but hopefully soon. What amazing things Science has to offer, huh? Also, nice photos!
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I love it!! Such a fun career to play and I don’t usually enjoy scientist careers in sims.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm finding it very detailed and immersive. Each day I've extended the work clock so as to continue working and I've never wanted to send my sim alone. And I have my Carl's guide open in another window. :)

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/careers/gettowork/scientist/
    I have not experienced a lot with the Science career, hell, my sims were never really interested but hopefully soon. What amazing things Science has to offer, huh? Also, nice photos!

My sims are interested in what I'm interested in. :p
    Aliens! :p

nhQYtDI.png

qKSj3mu.png
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    I've never played the scientist career because I bought most of my packs close together (I just got into the Sims 4 in November). There has been so much for me to explore, that I completely overlooked this career.

But I'm skimming through Carl's guide about it and it's literally nothing like I thought it would be. I mean, there's a whole alien world you could travel to. :o I need to get on this career quick because I've apparently been missing out.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I found the career a bit unlikable cause I do not like Oasis Spring that much. I havenever been to a desert in my life and am used to green surroundings.
    But I started playing the doctor career for the first time this year. I had put it off cause people had said it's broken, they can't deliver the baby and stuff. Have delievered two babies at this point lol
    And I did the detective career before this. Had heard it was broken, can't find the suspect. Never once had any problem with that either.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    It took me a year after getting GTW to try that career out. I just kept holding out for some reason. It's my favorite active career for sure since I started playing it though. Well from that pack anyway. I still play and even restart scientist story lines fairly regularly. Just keep a scientists garden at home if you get that garden bug and bring a pocket full of everything when you go to work and need them for serums. I love bringing the ray gun to various places just to cause havoc and do mad scientist things away from work :).
    Glad to see you giving it a go :).
    egTcBMc.png
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    It took me a year after getting GTW to try that career out. I just kept holding out for some reason. It's my favorite active career for sure since I started playing it though. Well from that pack anyway. I still play and even restart scientist story lines fairly regularly. Just keep a scientists garden at home if you get that garden bug and bring a pocket full of everything when you go to work and need them for serums. I love bringing the ray gun to various places just to cause havoc and do mad scientist things away from work :).
    Glad to see you giving it a go :).

Yeah I've learned to stock my inventory with plants and ingredients needed for serums. One of my tasks today was to start a neighborhood hive mind, which required inventing the satellite dish, which required some crystals and metals I didn't have and couldn't get from any of the lab assistants. So I'll have my sim raid her storage chest and be prepared tomorrow.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    The Scientist career is my absolute favorite, I LOVE it! I've had several Sims take this career, the very first time with my one and only alien Sim, Romeo Pandorian. I think what I love about it the most over other careers is that there's so many interesting things for your Sim to do and invent. The Freeze Ray is sooo much fun, as is the cloning machine. Your Sim can end up very rich with both of these inventions. I also love the Worm Hole generator which leads to the absolutely gorgeous alien world, Sixam!

One thing I never experienced until the last time I had a Sim in this career was the alien party on Sixam as a reward for reaching Level 10 in the career. Thankfully though, my Not So Berry challenge founder, Velamint, finally was invited and had a blast partying down with the aliens. \0/ Enjoy @simgirl1010! It's an extremely fun career and one of the best in all iterations of The Sims in my opinion. <3
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited December 2018
    Just make friends with the other scientists and you can get crystals and metals from them by just asking lol. And of course in your free time run around and collect them. I usually do a round of collecting when I've completed the day to my satisfaction.
    Oh and of course clone the crystals and metals... I usually get the cheapest of each kind (common, uncommon, rare) and make a stack of them.
    egTcBMc.png
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Just make friends with the other scientists and you can get crystals and metals from them by just asking lol. And of course in your free time run around and collect them. I usually do a round of collecting when I've completed the day to my satisfaction.
    Oh and of course clone the crystals and metals... I usually get the cheapest of each kind (common, uncommon, rare) and make a stack of them.

I keep forgetting about the dig sites! I did try to get some from the co-workers but the satellite dish required common crystals and they gave me uncommon crystals. And I'd forgotten about the cloning machine so that's next on my to invent list.

Thanks @Karababy52! Can't wait to get to Sixam! :)
    edited December 2018
    You're welcome @simgirl1010! I've bookmarked this thread so I can follow along on your Sim's progress and be cheering for your Sim to make it to Sixam!

A few tips I'd like to pass along...
    First, when using the Sim ray, if the object is sitting on a table/counter, you'll only get another object that sits on a surface. But if you put it on the ground before transforming it, you can get anything. Also, it's the most profitable to buy a bunch of cheap objects, for instance the tissue box, to transform. You'll almost always get something more expensive.

Also, when your Sim does make it to Sixam, one of the objectives while there is to do a comedy routine. So you might want to make sure your Sim skills up enough to be able to do that. Sixam doesn't have anywhere for your Sim to fill their bladder need either. So you'll need to use the bb.enablefreebuild to put one down while there if your Sim wants to stay very long. Of course, that's if your Sim hasn't bought the reward trait so they never need to go anyway. :)

They supposedly fixed the plants issue in a patch, but if your lab garden is still borked, you can bring plants with you as suggested, but you could also click on the plant pot and buy seeds or just purchase them from your Sim's cell under the 'Purchase Gifts' option if you have Seasons.

If you've already invented the cloning machine, just put it down in the lab and clone any crystals/plants you need to make an invention if you find you only have one of several needed. I always tried to keep at least one of every kind; common, uncommon, rare in my Sims inventory. You could always just leave a duplicate cloning machine in the lab too. I always made copies of the cloning machine, freeze ray, satellite and worm hole generator so my Sim could have them at home and the lab. Plus, I liked to give other Sims in the family a copy of the freeze ray to play with too. lol

I don't know if it's necessary now since they got rid of suggested emotions for your Sims to be in while at work in a patch, but it couldn't hurt to be focused while there anyway. When it was necessary, I put an element near all the machines so my Sim was always focused while at work. I also had my painter Sim draw a couple mathematical diagrams and put one on the wall at work and home. You could also hang the paintings you get from using the microscope. Those all have focusing auras too.

Two of the best ways to get breakthroughs is by reading a book and taking a 'thoughtful' shower. Another really good way to have breakthroughs is while 'pondering moves' and playing chess. They can have them while gardening and fishing as well.

Lastly, when you get a work task where it wants you to interact with tourists, they can be found outside the lab compound at a little public area with two picnic tables and a grill. There's almost always Sims there making a ton of food too, so if your Sim is hungry and doesn't want to use the vending machine or microwave, just jog out there and snag a free meal. I usually just had my Sim take along a bunch of harvestables to eat, but in a pinch it was nice to know that was an option. :)

I have more tips, but I'll stop for now.

P.S. Oh! Almost forgot, waaaay up on the top floor is an observatory. Takes a long time to get there, lots of stairs, but if your Sim develops an office romance and needs a place to woohoo....lol Of course, you could always just use the freebuild cheat again and put a bed/closet in the basement too. I did put a bed down there myself, but just a single for my Sim to catch some extra Zzzzs if she had been out partying or skilling the previous night and didn't get much sleep before going to work. ;)

Gah! One more tip, a very important one. If you have other Sims at home and you notice their needs are tanking, you can click on and go back to your lot as that Sim, leaving your Sim at work. Don't worry, you'll be able to again click on your Sim to be at work with her afterward without any problem. At least that was my experience. Very handy to know when you follow your Sim to work and have others back home on the lot.

Happy Simming! <3

EDITED in the Spoiler to fix it to say Sim Ray instead of Cloning machine (opps) and add another couple tips.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    A few tips I'd like to pass along...

Thanks for the tips! Feel free to add more. :p
    You're very welcome! If I think of any more, I'll add them in a new post. :)
    Just finished up for the week. Friday. Now I've got to wait two whole days before going back to work. :p Bet you never hear anyone say that in real life.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    It is great that you are enjoying having your sim in the scientist career :) I hope that she has a great new working week after the two days break :)
    rosemow wrote: »
    It is great that you are enjoying having your sim in the scientist career :) I hope that she has a great new working week after the two days break :)

Thanks Rose. :)
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Oooh, I enjoyed the Scientist career in Sims 3 (it was fun making everything in my mortal enemies house beep constantly). I'm happy they didn't skip out on it and added some fun features. Planning to get it after Seasons.

71d.png
    shame plumbots didn't come with it
    EMrBkJP.png
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Wow, I didn't know the Sim Ray could do that. I've got one in my household inventory from a Scientist many generations back.

I enjoyed the career too, mostly because you don't have to actively play it - I just sent my Sim into the rabbit hole every day, and as long as I made sure she got her breakthroughs, she advanced to the top. (It also has the advantage of a regular schedule, so by the time the kid was done doing her hour on the monkey bars for fun and fitness, the mother was home to help with homework.)

The cloning machine has been useful, and I liked using the worm hole generator to take both my Sims to Sixam to search for collectibles and plants. (Still need the quill fruit - it wasn't in season when they last visited.) I did not manage to get the invitation to the party on Sixam, unfortunately - one of those things I still want to experience in my game. Maybe when my tech guru finishes her career (she's going for that special gaming mat), I'll have her become a scientist.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I love the scientist career. It's one of my favorites because there is so much. I like to open a retail store and sell the serums.
    All the inventions are completed.

Sim Ray (Mr. Chilly), Momentum Conserver, Hover Lamp, Satellite Dish, Cloning Machine, Electroflux Wormhole Generator.

xcaQpRu.png

Let the madness and mayhem begin! >:)

I've already had the pleasure of using Mr. Chilly on Octavia when she ignored my sim at the nightclub.
    Her husband later thanked me.

EJOCjvT.png

My sim is at Level 7, Lab Leader so 3 more levels to go. I still have several serums yet to unlock and some upgrades on the inventions.
  • tasha053109tasha053109 Posts: 18 Member
    I'm definately going to try this career out. I've only started the detective one so far and I love it. It adds so much more to the game but working for promotions.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I remember my own scientist-sim, it was so much fun. Happy to read about your adventures :)
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Its the best career for me yet. It is also pairs well if you have aliens. The objects that you can invent matches with the style of aliens, and the simray can be used as the "machine" that is used to attack humans. Its a career that I always dwell into. This and the Doctor career is the best.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top