Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please EA: Fix our Vampires!! UPDATED NOVEMBER 2019

Comments

• leave_blank77leave_blank77 Posts: 26 Member
    Just encountered another vampire bug. Invited a sim in to my house, then used command to have them clean...and they just went for the bookshelf and cleaned nothing.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Still getting even Caleb Vatore saying can't call in daytime and sometimes night, apparently now he's sleeping, maybe he's sleeping til the bugs are fixed
  • KellvenKellven Posts: 43 Member
    As we're collecting a bucket, Vampirism doesn't cause ignore on Harvestfest Grand Meal goal. Can't even get either of my vamps to show the option to call to meal on the food, they'd both throw it up anyway.
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Kellven wrote: »
    As we're collecting a bucket, Vampirism doesn't cause ignore on Harvestfest Grand Meal goal. Can't even get either of my vamps to show the option to call to meal on the food, they'd both throw it up anyway.
    Or what you can do cancel action for vampire have them eat plamsa fruit or drink.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Kellven wrote: »
    My primary sim has been a vampire since they came out. Only other life state I would have considered was plantsim, but they're just a joke this time.
    Plasma fruit/packs, etc are a major nuisance, however my most aggravating problem is that autonomy constantly sends mine to the shower. It was speculated years ago that TS4 autonomy "learns" from what you direct your sims to do, and as vampires don't have any other normal needs to satisfy, it seems as if the only valid action it remembers is showering. The instant the queue empties on my main sim, they go darting off to the shower at vampire light speed, every single time. It even happens on alternate versions of the sim created from scratch.

I'm unsure if NPC's autonomy is hardwired on, so I never turn the single autonomy setting we have in TS4 off.

Constant showering isn't a Vampire problem. I have this issue with every household. I create tester households to test features as I add packs and none of them are Vamps. It drives me insane - I've been playing TS2 hoping that this issue would be addressed soon! I've been scared to make Sims that I want to keep because of all the bugs that crawl out of the woodwork after every patch. *sigh*
    So far, Vamps are the only true Occult Sim in game and I would love to play them again, but I don't want to get attached and have them screwed up by some bug. :s
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    Seems Vampire NPCs just stand idle when they show up, with a thought bubble about low energy...err
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited March 2019
    Archieonic wrote: »
    Seems Vampire NPCs just stand idle when they show up, with a thought bubble about low energy...err

Again?! I swear they fixed this a couple of patches ago. Did they rebreak it?
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    if you have problems with this i would suggest you post a thread in this forum https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Archieonic wrote: »

Again?! I swear they fixed this a couple of patches ago. Did they rebreak it?

Yup, same ol' issue back again. It's a simple issue really. If an NPC Vampire has no/low energy, their autonomy shuts off. They don't seem to have the autonomy settings to regain energy/the functionality to regain energy if they are not active. Example of this: cheat the NPC Vampires motives (whether via a mod or by testingcheats enabled and max his motives). You'll notice nothing happens, he still gets the low energy thought bubble. Switch to the NPC vampire's household, watch as every need EXCEPT power was filled, yet if you use the motive cheat on him while active it DOES work.

Maxis coding at its finest, just what?
  • KellvenKellven Posts: 43 Member
    Whatever black magic hacks they used to put Seasons together seem to have utterly destroyed their bug fix pipeline. They're clearly using boxed solutions from other software teams welded together into a Rube Goldberg development environment for the actual team to use. It's also clearly missing critical springs and gears at this point, the question remains if there's anyone still on the team who understands how it worked, or were they all fired/reassigned already.
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

@Archieonic @Kellven Since that issue I have coffins in almost all my lots (even at the parks, surrounded with flowers lol). NPC or other vampires households usually take a nap there. I did not know the issues was fixed and broken again because I do not have problems with that. It is my workaround ;)
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

No patch for March :'( So we still need to wait for vampires fixes :|
  • LordValinarLordValinar Posts: 8 New Member
    I seem to have a different issue (although a few shared ones with the rest of you). Since after the patch my NPC vampires (Vlad, Caleb, Lilith, etc) seem to do nothing... I went to Vlad's house, he just stood there. I had to add him to the group to move him into his own house so he wouldn't burn up. Caleb and Lilith are always drained of energy because they can't seem to take care of themselves!! This is really aggravating :(

I downloaded some mods to fix with a few of the other issues but if the vampire sims of other families start dying off because their AI is broken, then I'm about to put Sims 4 down for awhile until fixed :(
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I seem to have a different issue (although a few shared ones with the rest of you). Since after the patch my NPC vampires (Vlad, Caleb, Lilith, etc) seem to do nothing... I went to Vlad's house, he just stood there. I had to add him to the group to move him into his own house so he wouldn't burn up. Caleb and Lilith are always drained of energy because they can't seem to take care of themselves!! This is really aggravating :(

I downloaded some mods to fix with a few of the other issues but if the vampire sims of other families start dying off because their AI is broken, then I'm about to put Sims 4 down for awhile until fixed :(

I haven’t touched my vampire save in a while because I’m afraid of these bugs.. But I have a similar problem with them in other saves, they seem to just stand outside not moving, be it at a venue or house. I tried sending my Sim to socialize with Caleb, but the action canceled out and then he disappeared (maybe he left, he was standing at a spawning point already). I enjoy this game and try not to complain too much, but it’s annoying to pay $ for something that no longer works as advertised.
  • seaprincesshipstseaprincesshipst Posts: 19 Member
    well I'm sad to read that vampires are having this issue because I created a save on another computer a few months ago, and I've been looking forward to getting back to it once I return home...(the save is only on that computer so). One of my sims in it is a vampire and now I'm seeing I won't be able to do what I wanted with the game because of these bugs. Plus I love vampires and really wanted to use them without bugs. Hopefully I can at least use mods for a fix, but that's kind of upsetting. Hope they fix the bugs soon for everyone.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    what's wrong with the vampires
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited March 2019
    Does a thread exist in Bug Reports Forum?
    If so, please link so that me and everyone else who has these problems can click me too. If not, could someone create it and link it here? My English is probably not good enough to open such a thread. The problems have been around for months and maybe EA doesn't even know about it.

Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
    Busufu wrote: »
    Does a thread exist in Bug Reports Forum?
    If so, please link so that me and everyone else who has these problems can click me too. If not, could someone create it and link it here? My English is probably not good enough to open such a thread. The problems have been around for months and maybe EA doesn't even know about it.

Here is a link to the vampires bugs, there are a lot of them.. just click “me too” on the ones you’re experiencing
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Gameplay-Issues/m-p/6374094#V
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    The Detective career was broken for years and then they finally fixed it (at least as far as I can tell during game play), so hopefully Vamps will be next. What's the point of buying a Game Pack if it doesn't work?

I am planning to start a vamp household soon (it's been awhile), so I will lookout for these bugs. Thanks for letting us know!
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »

Here is a link to the vampires bugs, there are a lot of them.. just click “me too” on the ones you’re experiencing
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Gameplay-Issues/m-p/6374094#V

Oh, thank you so much! I have clicked me too at least 6 times!

Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
    There is a mod to fix the grand master points issue if anyone is interested. It’s at the bottom of the page just scroll down here: http://sims4studio.com/thread/4520/mathcopes-studio?page=4
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I have a game generated NPC Vampire in my current game that's been acting strangely. He won't talk to anyone. He stands outside venues at the point where he spawns - he never comes in and he never moves from that point. While he's standing there, it looks like he keeps twitching - like he's being reset over and over. When a Sim does chat with him he responds and then vanishes only to reappear several seconds later.

I put him in a brand new save so I could take a look at him. He's a Grand Master Vampire and has 6,000 unspent Power Points, I know that he wasn't a Grand Master when he was generated because he had no Vampire Lore skill. So I popped the original Sim from the game he was generated in into a new save and found out that he was originally a Master Vampire. For some reason, the game ranked him up to Grand Master. The game has been adding to his Power Points since it ranked him up.

I still don't know why this Sim acts weird. I wish the game would stop ranking up NPC Master vampires.

The mod that fixes the Grand Master power point issue works perfectly.

So yes Maxis, fix our vampires. Stop ranking them up and messing up their power points. 6,000 is the most I've ever seen and, as far as I know, there's no way to reduce that number.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    emere wrote: »
    1. Grand Master Vampires can not level up. You can not buy more powers.
    2. Vampires with umbrellas are messed up.
    3. The Ultimate Vampire Cure not working properly: your human sims keep the vampire weakness.
    4. "Slay vampire" do not work with NPC vampires. NPC vampires do not die even if they stay all day under the sun lol
    5. Draught of Reconfiguration cocktail not working properly: you can not use all your power points.

Hope they fix these issues!
    a256aFi.gif
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    I'm sorry, we can't. That would make sense not dollars.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I hope so to
    more for sim kids and more drama please