Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please EA: Fix our Vampires!! UPDATED NOVEMBER 2019

Comments

• Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited July 2019
    izecson wrote: »
    Arzekial wrote: »
    My vampires have been working fine, although I have noticed vampires don't visit often anymore. I use to get a visit almost every night. Now it's more like once a week.

Yeah I noticed that too, they were usually come every night but I rarely see them now.

I haven't been getting any vampirism offers after befriending vampires either.

Disregard, It's working.

Post edited by Arzekial on
  • Options
    HenriettaStrifeHenriettaStrife Posts: 62 Member
    I came here to see if there were any June 2019 bugs. My vampire sim acts like there's something blocking her way when I command her to use Dark Meditation. Her toddler ran outside into the street, forcing her to leave the house and get burned. At first I thought that maybe the patch perhaps changed the way it works? If that makes sense. So I waited until nighttime to use her Dark Meditation. Nope still nothing. Now I'm afraid to discover anymore gameplay bugs. This is bad.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2019
    Another good news for you vampire players, the backfloat interaction for vampire is fixed by another modder over at mccc discord forum, keep in mind for the mod just in case this bug isnt going to be fixed in today's patch.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-V-Vampire-can-not-back-float/m-p/8014056#M96936

Now about that wash tub that vampire cannot use.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Vampires fixed in today's patch!! Someone please let me know if it's working, I don't have time to check.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited July 2019

UPDATE: Patch July 16th

Dark meditation, fixed!
    4yhchKi.png

Influence Emotions, fixed! (but there is an issue: ALL the vampires have the option, if you use it you will see the animation but if the vampires do not have the power the action will be useless ;) Vampires need to reach the points for this to work.)
    GW6yfos.png

Thanks EA team for this fixes. Really, is the first time I see a fast fix for vampires <3

...now, give us the Draught of Reconfiguration fix! Please, please >:)
    Post edited by emere on
  • Options

@Busufu I tested with my vampires and I did not found the issue. They can jump and they use the ladders too... but mermaids can not use the ladders :( Have you tested different lots?
  • Options

Oh @MaggieMarley I know what you mean, I would like to have real hybrids :'( not glitches in the game. I use CAS a lot, so a sim that does not work at CAS is useless (for me). I hope this could be fixed to enjoy some hybrids ;)
  • Options

@DanmanNefarius Influence Emotions is fixed, time to "clean" >:)
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @emere yeah not being able to use CAS with the hybrids is annoying. I just pretend that because they are aliens they are clueless about human fashion :D it also means you have to temporarily move your hybrid out of the household if you want to edit another sim in the household in CAS. But I don’t mind that much. I don’t think they ever will ‘fix’ hybrids since they aren’t meant to be in the game. The closest we will get to a fix is if they get rid of hybrids altogether which I would be furious about since my favourite sim is a hybrid.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Vampires can control emotions again, yes, but now they don't even have to unlock it anymore. My newest vampire can do it even though he just got turned and is still a novice, and controlling emotions is supposed to be one of the most advanced powers, so... yeah. Not really fixed, just broken in a different way.
  • Options
    Like I said, probably just a hotfix until they can put the real fix for influence power.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options

@GrumpyGlowfish @izecson ok. I tested with my weak vampires and: ALL the vampires have the option, if you use it you will see the animation but if the vampires do not have the power the action will be useless ;) Vampires need to reach the points for this to work.
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited July 2019
    emere wrote: »
    @DanmanNefarius Influence Emotions is fixed, time to "clean" >:)

@emere
    praise the heavens yes! the vermin is getting out of control atm in my saves.

YDmUNBx.png

the game's latest disgusting masterpiece and boy does he try. already had to reset poor Nalani three times because this disgusting thing keeps trying to do flirty greetings on her. growing so tired of those stupid random townies -.-
    i also really don't know why the game just NEVER stops trying to force them down my throat non-stop whenever i visit any lot but it is really starting to get on my nerves. the moment i arrive they immediately keep on swarming m y sims trying to force a conversation and forcing themselves into my sims friend list... and if they pull it off...the calls will never end >.< but now my vampire queen can go to town and clean house once again… so this ugly ffer and his disgusting friends better watch themselves now! >:) because all my ladies are fed up with those ugly stalkers harassing them all day! not that non-models are wrong but cmon game: why would a young lovely girl like Nalani be interested in this old disgusting pearshaped elder creep???? he could be her grandpa for crying out loud. but the game Always does this and it is extremely annoying imo

• Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I'm so glad dark meditation is working again :) .
    But powers ans weekneses are still a mess :(.
    LOL, but my toddlervampires can actually fly as bats, that looks so creepy :D

@emere , thanks for your reply and for trying. Yes I tried on diffrent lots. My Vampires can't even use the towles. Yes I know sunbathing is not possible for Vamps, I am talking about taeking a nap and relax.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    Busufu wrote: »

@emere , thanks for your reply and for trying. Yes I tried on diffrent lots. My Vampires can't even use the towles. Yes I know sunbathing is not possible for Vamps, I am talking about taeking a nap and relax.

Wait...what? Is this a glitch? Because I want the heck out of that glitch! I have some creepy toddler vampires who should have this.

And @emere , thank you so much for your testing! I haven't had a lot of play time in the last few days and sometimes I'm afraid of bugs that will permanently disrupt my vampires so I won't even go into their households unless I know everything is okay. My babies! Lol. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ShayminnasakuraShayminnasakura Posts: 13 New Member
    Bat & Mist Forms have bugs!
    When always move as bat/mist is enabled, vampires still WALK to upstairs from the floor below, this is obvious when walls are the tallest. Also, they teleports when they pick things up while there're literally 1 step away!
  • Options
    Coffins have a bug too, they reveal shadows of other objects, when they're open or levitating.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    vampires no longer attack when angry could you please go and click me to https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-V-Vampires-no-longer-bite-when-very-angry/m-p/7204084#
    also unflirty sims can no longer makeout please go and click me to https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Make-Out-missing-for-unflirty-Sims/td-p/6316798#
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    > @Shayminnasakura said:
    > Bat & Mist Forms have bugs!
    > When always move as bat/mist is enabled, vampires still WALK to upstairs from the floor below, this is obvious when walls are the tallest. Also, they teleports when they pick things up while there're literally 1 step away!

Oh I forgot to add, when vampires teleporting from land A to land B in Sulani, they teleport to the nearby ocean in land A, and swim to land B, then teleport to the destination after they're on land B.
  • Options
    Why. Why can't they just make sure that Vampires work? Why can't they test them out completely when fixing bugs? We should not constantly be trading one bug for another.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Wait...what? Is this a glitch? Because I want the heck out of that glitch! I have some creepy toddler vampires who should have this.

Well, must be a glitch :D

unbenannt1ibjhk.png

18.07.19_16-28-06mkkha.png

18.07.19_16-27-44n6k2l.png

18.07.19_16-28-53ofjmo.png

"What the hell just happened?!" :o

also my Kid can fly as bat:

18.07.19_16-31-4520k6r.png

18.07.19_16-32-13i8kvq.png

:D
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Those are very cool! and creepy as heck, Kill it with fire!
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options

unbenannt1ibjhk.png

18.07.19_16-27-44n6k2l.png

18.07.19_16-28-53ofjmo.png

"What the hell just happened?!" :o

also my Kid can fly as bat:

18.07.19_16-31-4520k6r.png

18.07.19_16-32-13i8kvq.png

The one time in the game when the stretching bug is kind of cool. 😆
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I must admit that looks pretty cool. That's both a creepy and awesome bug! I don't have any vampire kids at the moment, now I want one! :D
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I’m a bit jealous. My vampire kids aren’t doing that. Maybe it only affects vampire kids who will grow up to have the move as at power (because their parents tried for a baby as bats)?