Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please EA: Fix our Vampires!! UPDATED NOVEMBER 2019

Comments

• emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    @emere
    I feel your pain :| Vampires GP is practically TS4 base game for me

---
    Please take a moment and check bug reports (click "me too" etc): https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Gameplay-Issues/m-p/3445209#V
    Also check other packs issues. Sadly, this is a long read for TS4.

Vampires IS the base game indeed... I'm happy to read that I'm not the only one that love vampires. I always "click too" at the bug reports, I even share my files and try to test to help. Many bugs have been fixed for vampires before (and for mortal sims lol). But GF expansion (the patch) was the worst for vampires.

Happy New Year!
    ladybreid wrote: »
    @emere what is the house in your siggy? it is so super cute!

Yay @ladybreid I'm happy that you like it. It is my last steampunk house, I build lots and the steampunk are my fav.

He is the link for that house Steampunk Seaside (residential) Gallery Link or you can take a look at my showcase before: emere/osiazul Showcase

I play with all my builds so they are completely playtested, I hate builds that do not work or lag the game ;)

Happy New Year!
    edited January 2019
    MakoSims wrote: »
    I noticed a problem with choosing perks/weaknesses.

If I click on the multi-level powers (like dampened emotions), it won't let me click it again to level that power up.

The workaround is boring lol: you choose one by one, this means you choose one and close the powers window, then you open it and choose another and so :D

Happy New Year!
  • OeeeehhhOeeeehhh Posts: 1 New Member
    Besides my vampires being bugged, the victims still give an epileptic seizure when they are bitten...
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yeah, I haven't been playing with Vampires at all because of these bugs. Same with other features. Hopefully this gets fixed!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    People do know Vampires are just as broken on PS4 right? i've been looking for answers for the perk respec and Grand Master XP bugs for a while but as far as I can tell only PC players are being vocal about it.

I play on the PS4 and these bugs have made Vampires unplayable!

Someone needs to fix this since it's not just the PC version experiencing these issues.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm saddened to read this thread. It's hard to believe that all these fairly major bugs are allowed to persist. It's just not good enough.
    Post edited by Nindigo on

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Oeeeehhh wrote: »
    Besides my vampires being bugged, the victims still give an epileptic seizure when they are bitten...
    Yes i noticed this too my sims are bitten get warning sign vampire breaking in.. like uh my sims are vampires? xD
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Wow. These bugs still exist? Thank goodness I haven't bought that pack yet.
  • DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    I'm not going to lie. I'm very disappointed to be reading this, as I just recently got this GP. Haven't yet dived into the vampire game play, but I was looking forward to it. Now I'm slightly aggravated that I'm going to have to deal with bugs like these, which I feel should have been dealt with before now.
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    So I'm resharing the link again for the Vampire XP Bugfix.
    http://modthesims.info/d/621850/vampires-bug-fix.html
    I'm glad PC players have a work around, I guess PS4 players (like myself) are just 🐸🐸🐸🐸 out of luck until we get an official patch...

It is going to be a long wait...
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    emere wrote: »
    This @Hermitgirl

1. Grand Master Vampires can not level up. You can not buy more powers.
    2. Vampires with umbrellas are messed up.
    3. The Ultimate Vampire Cure not working properly: your human sims keep the vampire weakness.
    4. "Slay vampire" do not work with NPC vampires. NPC vampires do not die even if they stay all day under the sun lol
    5. Draught of Reconfiguration cocktail not working properly: you can not use all your power points.

Thanks @Madachan88 but I only play vanilla, I do not use mods or cc. But thanks for sharing, maybe other simmers can find this mod useful ;)

I play with vampires pretty much constantly and none of these things really bother me. Guess it shows different sorts of game plays. If I make a Sim a vampire, they are a vampire for life. I like to play as if a cure doesn't exist. And my goal for playing isn't really to get a Master Vampire, just to have something new. I usually like to play households with all regular Sims except for one. Add in some variety and drama.
    Sorry that these bugs have been giving you a bad experience.
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    Amazing how these things are still around, specially the grand master points one and the weaknesses staying with you after turning human. Just add a couple more mods to my folder named "Fixes that EAxis cant be 🐸🐸🐸🐸"
    I'm honestly kind of upset about the bugs and I've been doing what little I can to point out the issue on here and on EA's bug and technical issues threads but since I don't have a working computer nor social media I can't really do much, plus I can't make my own threads on here yet so...

Has anyone tried contacting the devs or something?
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I never had these issues before, but I've been having them a lot lately. Reseting powers was really messed up. It's like the draught of reconfiguration just re-adds powers and weaknesses that go away when my Sims travel but come back when I reload the game.

I used to jump between households all the time, but now I've been playing the same household for going on 4 generations (trying for the legacy achievement), so maybe they've always appeared but kept disappearing when I jumped to a new house.

My two vampires are planning on having a kid, so what I might do is just carefully plan ahead of time what I want his/her weaknesses and powers to be. (Making the Sim Carefree and giving weaknesses like Guilty Drinker that just give Tense moodlets seems to be the least disruptive.) I used to use Sloppy Drinker as a way to get vampires to gain points quickly. (The longer spent drinking, the more points gained.) I might let the kid use the glitch where you can raise your powers at the computer. I usually avoid this, but since I don't want the kid to get stuck being a permanent sloppy drinker, it feels like a valid use. (Thank goodness I never gave the parents Insatiable Thirst!)

I was planning on the parents eventually dying by sunlight, but since they took full sun resistance, now I'm wondering if they'll be able to die at all unless I grow a cowplant or set them aflame. (Their handiness skills are probably too high to go by electrocution.) >.<
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Lets not forget that calling them is still bugged. They claimed to have fixed it, but only for calling to chat.

If you call to invite them to hangout at night they still complain about trying to sleep.

Also the things like plasma fruit and drinks give WAY too little thirst back.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    > @Zeldaboy180 said:
    > Lets not forget that calling them is still bugged. They claimed to have fixed it, but only for calling to chat.
    >
    > If you call to invite them to hangout at night they still complain about trying to sleep.
    >
    > Also the things like plasma fruit and drinks give WAY too little thirst back.

I almost forgot about those since so many other things are broken.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    I hate not leveling up my Master Vampire. I had so many stories planned out, where my sim was a very strong villain. But I can't really do that when he's only as strong as other vampires.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017

I know what you mean @gordy I'm pausing some stories in my game too... I play other households (more mortals, aliens and ghosts). So February patch did not fix vampires, we need to wait until march. Sooner or later issues are fixed.

@DarkSlayer1331 enjoy the vampires, I'm still enjoy them a lot, you only need to plan your stories until main bugs are fixed. Really is the best gamepack and the best vampires of all sims series <3

Thanks @Madachan88 for players that use mods that is an awesome workaround ;)
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited February 2019
    In my vampire stories, Lilith and Caleb Vatore are both Grand Master Vamps and have their respective families in FH. I don't have them drink from sims anymore, good group my vampires, just to turn normal sims into vamps. I'm not experiencing many of the problems mentioned above, and I don't know why. My vamps only grow trees/plants specific to them, plasma trees, wolfsbane, sixam plants so their "gardens" are no big deal to play with. The mod I can't do without is LittleMsSam's general vampire mods, which adds ability to eat food, resistance to sunlight and no hissing...great mod. I can sympathize with everyone's bugs as the vampire pack is one of my most favorites. The only thing we can hope for is EA finally noticing all the complaints and decide to do something about it.

Edit to say, @katrinasforest, I laugh every time I see your siggy, good one. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • leave_blank77leave_blank77 Posts: 26 Member
    > @Madachan88 said:
    > So I'm resharing the link again for the Vampire XP Bugfix.

We should not need mods to fix the game. Especially now that it is on consoles as they can not use most mods (xbox does allow some mods now). It's like the gaming industry is turning into Bethesda, don't worry, the modders will fix it.
  • leave_blank77leave_blank77 Posts: 26 Member
    > @Dragonfire2lm said:
    > > @Zeldaboy180 said:
    > > Lets not forget that calling them is still bugged. They claimed to have fixed it, but only for calling to chat.
    > >
    > > If you call to invite them to hangout at night they still complain about trying to sleep.
    > >
    > > Also the things like plasma fruit and drinks give WAY too little thirst back.
    >
    > I almost forgot about those since so many other things are broken.
    >
    >
    >

The plasma fruit salad is just a tuning issue, one number in the code needs to be changed. I had my vampire eat an entire group meal of plasma fruit salad, and was still hungry. Then the vampires breaking into community lots bug. Got stuck at a restaurant that was also bugged and would not serve my food. I just got the CL bundle last week and thought it was built into the game, the waiter doesn't bring your order and you yell at them, get a free meal. But no, all I could do was cancel. Little details like that are a thing of the past.
  • JohnVanGouldJohnVanGould Posts: 124 Member
    My recently created grand master vampire is also not gaining any skill points right now. This is so off-putting. I'm disappointed. At least this is so far the only bug I've run into.
  • KellvenKellven Posts: 43 Member
    My primary sim has been a vampire since they came out. Only other life state I would have considered was plantsim, but they're just a joke this time.
    Plasma fruit/packs, etc are a major nuisance, however my most aggravating problem is that autonomy constantly sends mine to the shower. It was speculated years ago that TS4 autonomy "learns" from what you direct your sims to do, and as vampires don't have any other normal needs to satisfy, it seems as if the only valid action it remembers is showering. The instant the queue empties on my main sim, they go darting off to the shower at vampire light speed, every single time. It even happens on alternate versions of the sim created from scratch.

I'm unsure if NPC's autonomy is hardwired on, so I never turn the single autonomy setting we have in TS4 off.