Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another Mafia Game - Mafia Win!

ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
edited January 2019 in Off Topic Chat
Welcome to the Mafia.

Beginners Guide:
In a basic game of Mafia, there are two basic factions: town and Mafia. There are also two phases: day and night.

During the day, everyone votes someone they would like to lynch. Town-sided players aim to get rid of Mafia. Mafia players aim to avoid getting lynched.

During the night, the Mafia choose a person to kill. Any players who have a power role (PR) can also use their power to help turn the game in their favor.

Other factions may exist and have their own separate win condition, which should be specified either in the setup or in that player's role PM.

The goal of town-sided players is to eliminate the entire Mafia and any other threats to town. The goal of the Mafia is to eliminate townies until the number of living Mafia players equals the number of living townies (i.e. the Mafia control at least 50% of the votes in the game, which makes lynching them impossible).

The format for voting is to bold or capitalize the word "Vote", followed by the player you vote to lynch (e.g. Vote: MJ or VOTE: STEVE). You can change your vote as many times as you want. Discussing among yourselves during the day and persuading others that you're not a threat to town is a key part of the experience. At the end of day, the person with the most votes is lynched and the game moves to the night phase. At night, you are not allowed to speak on-topic because you're supposed to be asleep.

You can claim anything you want, but directly copying and pasting PMs from the host or posting screenshots is not allowed, because the players aren't meant to debate whether the text is consistent with the host's writing style or if the image is doctored. Instead, you should be analyzing what others say and how they say it, and go with your own intuition.

Glossary:
VT - Vanilla townie (townie with no special powers)
PR - Power role (player with a special power; in the case of a Mafia PR, this power is in addition to their ability to kill at night)
LyLo - Lynch or lose (town must lynch correctly in order not to lose; usually this means that town only outnumber the Mafia by 1 person)
MyLo - Mislynch or lose (town loses if they mislynch; the difference between this and LyLo is that choosing not to lynch is still an option; usually this means that town outnumber the Mafia by 2 people)

Setup:
It’s closed, I can’t tell you :wink: But I can say everyone will have a unique and hopefully fun PR.

Rules:
1. Be kind! This is just a game, and I will not tolerate any personal attacks. If someone is making you uncomfortable, please don’t hesitate to come to me or take a break if the game is starting to stress you out.

2. Don’t edit your posts. We have no way to know what you edited out. I will let it slide if it’s to fix formatting though.

3. No whispering (Messaging players outside this thread) unless it’s a chat I made you.

4. There are no set rules when it comes to replacing. I will send out ‘warnings’ and make the call whenever I feel like it is needed.

5. Follow the Sims Forum rules.

unknown.png
Post edited by Zinniavanilla on

Comments

• ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    edited January 2019
    Playerlist:
    1. Charlie X - Killed Night 2 - Town Mirror Mason
    2. Tuti X
    3. DeKay X - Commited Suicide Day 3 - Town Macho Lover
    4. Gameplay X - Commited Suicide Day 3 - Mafia Hirsute Lover
    5. Plumbob X - Lynched Day 2 - Werewolf Randomizer Seer
    6. City X - Lynched Day 3 - Werewolf Bodyguard Lover
    7. Rose X
    8. Bubbz - Lynched Day 1 - Town Bloodhound X
    9. Broncos X - Died Night 2 - Town Fruitvendor Doomsayer
    10. Sub X - Killed Night 1 - Town Oracle Parrot
    11. Bow X
    12. Lala - Lynched Day 3 - Mafia Godfather
    13. Emzy - Lynched Day 3 - Mafia Roleblocker

Day/Night Links

Voting History

Signups are open!
    Post edited by Zinniavanilla on
    unknown.png
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    :trollface: hehehehe
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Tuti3711 wrote: »
    hello :)

@Tuti3711 do you want to play?
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    cAN i play?
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Me....
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    I'll join :)
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I'll play!
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

Yay! Now, I can start sending out roles as people sign up or minutes before the game starts. Which would people prefer?
    unknown.png
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    I'll play.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
    Yay! Now, I can start sending out roles as people sign up or minutes before the game starts. Which would people prefer?

Maybe wait? I don't know. Cuz then it might get messy if you don't have enough players and if you have sent too many townie roles beforehand.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    DeKay wrote: »

Maybe wait? I don't know. Cuz then it might get messy if you don't have enough players and if you have sent too many townie roles beforehand.

The amount of players doesn't really matter. But I will wait then, since you are the only person to respond.
    unknown.png

The amount of players doesn't really matter. But I will wait then, since you are the only person to respond.

I know the numbers won't matter but if you start sending now, people can also assume the people who have signed up early could be scum and all that jazz. :D
    FwDXXd5.gif

I know the numbers won't matter but if you start sending now, people can also assume the people who have signed up early could be scum and all that jazz. :D

True.
    unknown.png

True.

Cuz I would be one of those annoying people who would point that out. :D:D:D
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited December 2018

True.

Cuz I would be one of those annoying people who would point that out. :D:D:D

To be fair, I would be sending them out under the assumption I'd get 10-13 players.
    unknown.png
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Me. ......
    Oh hamburgers!
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member

I just signed up
    Oh hamburgers!
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »

I just signed up

Good observation.
    It's a lot of fun!
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »

I just signed up

Good observation.

LOL....
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    If it's not to late, I'd like to play
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Me please, if I can.
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub