March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wouldn't This Be Awesome?!

2...Next

Comments

• Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    FabBunny wrote: »
    I could get one now, but would rather wait and get it when I know exactly what I will be needing for college. :)

Think of it like this: If your laptop can handle TS3 with all EP and graphics options all set to High, it can probably do anything else you need it to do (except wash the dishes or cook your supper)
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I guess.. but it's not a big deal to me.
    To me it's no big deal to play in one world at a time or to send a copy of Sims to another World and play them there.

Can you tell me Why you want it? If you're playing one family in one world why do you need to have them boat to another world so bad it hurts?
    If it hurts to think about because of wanting it so much, you should look at it from a different point of view. Think of how long it would take to get from one town to the next. How long it would take for their date to show up- who randomly called from Riverview while your Sim lives in Midnight Hollow. O.O

Think how much fun it is to be able to Not have to travel for several Sim days from one town to the next while taking breaks for the Sim to eat and sleep and have fun. It doesn't sound fun to me at all.

Now, I love the way TS2 is set up with sub-hoods and yet the main hoods aren't linked. I dislike the way TS4 is set up with no choice in what is added. So, no- it wouldn't be Awesome in my mind to have the all joined. :(

I would want my Sims and all of their progress, all their memories and skills, to travel in gameplay; not placing down a clean slate with the same name into a neighborhood without having the journey. Even in the Sims games I don't do the long distance thing, so that's not a problem either. And if it's the journey you want, then the whole point is how long it takes. Watching the scenery change. Getting notifications like "Welcome to Dragon Valley" and "The residents of Dragon Valley were disappointed to learn you were just passing through." See, in my head, the manual travel would be a choice. You wouldn't have to go anywhere.
    Be safe.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    I've played 1 Sim for many years now; she's traveled to many worlds, seen many things, tested many places, had different husbands and a few children along the way. I see her the same and I like her best Because she been with me so long. Even if she doesn't remember (she is just a Sim, btw). ;)

If the worlds all connected, with this game's routing- your Sims Would be assigned to schools in the wrong towns and have to travel way to far to do things. I enjoy it the way it is. I see it as a new beginning when my Sims move - and they're not clean slates when they move, I use a Wonderful mod. :)
    To an extent, having a clean slate if you move to a new town/city is rather true to life. When my sister moved down to New Orleans (well, near there anyway) the rest of the family basically lost contact with her. And if I chose to move someplace else, I'll likely lose contact with pretty much everyone I know in this area.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    If the worlds all connected, with this game's routing- your Sims Would be assigned to schools in the wrong towns and have to travel way to far to do things.

...It would have rocked if in The Sims 3, we could click on any school we wanted and enrolled our Sims' children.
    Be safe.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    It is amazing what you can do with Nraas mods. :smiley: Pretty much many of the things y'all are describing. Sure wish I could win the lotto and have those folks design a game for us to play. Would smash the Sims right out of the ball park because they understand what simmers want in their game play.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    I understand.I would love for my sim's family to take a road trip in a RV across country,
    but I also get it would probably kill the heck out of computers and not to mention cause other bugs.
    The Opportunity Fix and Read Once mods are the main ones I feel are mandatory. Story Progression I can take or leave. And the one other one I sometimes use, is not really needed either. But Opportunity Fix is required if you have ITF since that EP breaks opportunities once you traveled to the future and back.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited January 2019
    KimRS wrote: »
    Every Sims 3 World, all in one. Sims could drive or boat through all the towns, no loading screens; you go from Sunset Valley, through Sunlit Tides, through Hidden Springs...All the way up to the end of the line, Midnight Hollow. Oh, I want that. I want it so much it hurts. :'(

For that many worlds with no loading screens would seem impossible. To take a wild guess that may mean 18,000 1,800/3,600 more or less Sims being simulated all at once since that is how the gameplay mechanic works in TS3 open seamless world.

Instead, I had other high hopes for TS3 when Barnacle Bay first was announced and I had the impression that each and every world could be connected to the home world in the same way TS2 has sub-hoods. There wouldn't be any lost relationships so families and friends could move out the main neighborhood but still keep in contact, Sims could travel and/or work in a different location, Sims could even move and change their hometown without erasing familial connections, friendships, etc. Of course, I still wouldn't mind a loading screen in the same way how a Sim travels to France, China, Egypt, Oasis Landing or move from one town to another for the sake of performance. I would have liked to see different modes of transportation as well for both Sims and for traveling. Such as, roller skates, skateboards, trains, buses, airplanes, private airplanes, jets, cruisers/ships, in-depth hot-air balloon, etc. There's all kinds of inventions, etc that could be added for specific themes and/or eras.

Oh well. I'm not sure if game companies care about life simulators to the extent or better than TS3 let alone at all. I mean Maxis/EA doesn't even care anymore about their own legacy that the fans helped to reach its success and popularity. There is usually choices between the same genres with most genres like fighting (Street Fighter, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat, Injustice, etc), RPG's (Final Fantasy, Blue Dragon, Fable, Kingdom Hearts, etc), racing (Forza, Gran Turismo, Burnout, Super Mario Kart, Midnight Club, etc). As far as I know, there is not any choice whatsoever for players to choose anything other than The Sims...none. But that doesn't stop me from quitting the franchise since it's no longer The Sims...so problem solved I can still play TS3. Otherwise, there are plenty of other games since I am a gamer. Which, I've started too many now and haven't finished yet like FFVII, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Shenmue II, Assassin's Creed II, The Sims 2: Castaway, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Jak: The Precursor Legacy, FFX, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, Pokémon: Ultra Sun, Resident Evil 0, L.A. Noire, Overcooked 2, Octopath Travelers and whatever else.
    Post edited by Deshong04 on
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
    For other life sim games there is... The Guild (1, 2, and 3) and... You know, I can't think of any others. And The Guild focuses more on building up an economic dynasty then day to day life.
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    I would have liked to see different modes of transportation as well for both Sims and for traveling. Such as, roller skates, skateboards, trains, buses, airplanes, private airplanes, jets, cruisers/ships, in-depth hot-air balloon, etc. There's all kinds of inventions, etc that could be added for specific themes and/or eras.

True. It would have been cool if the Sims could hitch up the horses to the wagons in the Pets expansion. I was very disappointed with how the hot air balloon would teleport, instead of flying over the town. I think an airport would have been awesome, too; instead of driving to an empty lot they would actually board a plane, or at least go into a rabbit hole that had a plane sign on it.
    Be safe.
  • SweetAndSaltySweetAndSalty Posts: 23 Member
    It would be awesome but I bet it would lag ALOTTTT. Probably wouldn't even load :)