Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vicingus' Park and Gardens

VicingusVicingus Posts: 107 Member
edited December 2018 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hi, and welcome to my show case thread!
I really enjoy building park, gardens and similar mostly outdoor space, hence the name of the thread. I would appreciate feedback both on the builds them self, as well as how they presents them self in the gallery and in my screenshots. I would love to get better at both :)

If you have seen an amazing garden out in the world, please point me in the direction. I'm also interested if you just got some nice ideas for outdoor builds!

Gallery: Vicingus

Romantic garden for Magnolia Blossom in Willow Creek:
GiWTzaX.jpg
Playground with large obstacle course and play tower for the kids, a featured chess area, and a picnic area for the parents to rest:
ivJX4aL.jpg
Formal Italian garden inspried by Villa di Castello:
AM41daX.jpg
Youtube Channel: Vicingus
Sims 4 Gallery: Vicingus

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited December 2018
    It is great that you have started a showcase thread for your builds :)
    Villa Mesquite’s Garden is so very grand and very nice! :) It looks very special! Very grand and ornately designed layout of the garden build! It is very well designed! It looks very nice how you have done the squares using the hedging, The water fountain feature in the middle looks very nice and is a great central feature in the build . The statues look great on each corner of the water fountain. The trees look very nice along the edges of the garden.Very nice exterior design of the building. The flights of steps either sides of the building looks great. The top hat statues at the entrance to the Garden is a nice touch. It is a very nice garden venue to visit!
    Very nice design and layout of Magnolia Blossom and Desert Bloom Playground also :) Magnolia Blossom looks very pretty! :)
    The chess nook area with the patterned chequered black and white flooring in the Playground looks very nice! Sims will have fun playing chess there. It is nice that there is play tower for kids, and they will have fun playing on the pirate ship. Very nice bbq area for Sims to enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and eating the food as a family in the outdoors air at the picnic tables. The boat is a nice touch in the pond.
    The builds are very nice! :)
  • Options
    Romantic garden

Lot name: Magnolia Blossom
    World: Willow Creek
    Lot type: Park
    Traits: Natural light, Brazing breezes, homey
    Cost: 160,615
    Size: 50x50
    Beds: 0
    Toilets: 4

Gallery link

LuLWe6q.jpg
    lVeQYeF.jpg

A walk through the park
    mBAtiLP.jpg
    ypQYAPv.jpg
    mDvdrS6.jpg
    7mzjZiT.jpg

The green houses
    Kj1NdDO.jpg
    ilCo5YY.jpg

The pavilion
    J1o7JqU.jpg
    RFTeRNf.jpg
    iSWWXPD.jpg

The restrooms
    czLGPfQ.jpg
    GVCGylN.jpg

Floorplans
    XFKxyt1.jpg
    jYpGq0z.jpg
    K7JlfXI.jpg

• Options
    Magnolia Blossom is very pretty! :) The layout of the park is very nice! The ground lights look especially nice in the evening time. The cherry blossom trees and lavender through the outdoors are pretty! Very nice rock edged pond area. It is nice that there is a nook area where Sims can have fun playing chess under the shade of the tree. Very nice greenhouses! The flower boxes look very nice on the glass windows walls. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seat benches there, enjoying the nice natural setting. Very nice pavilion where Sims can enjoy getting a drink from the bar. It is nice that there are tables and chairs outside the pavilion for Sims to enjoy having their drink outdoors in the air.
    It is a very pretty park to enjoy visiting :)
  • Options
    Desert Bloom Playground

Lot name: Desert Bloom Playground
    World: Oasis Spring
    Lot type: Park
    Traits: -
    Cost: 251.462
    Size: 50x50
    Toilets: 2

Gallery link

nWaoeVc.jpg
    nECcYeS.jpg

Play tower
    YIb7io5.jpg
    u0TcP9d.jpg
    HDvvn9o.jpg
    qJMldVC.jpg

Chess
    A8G7d8e.jpg

Water and ships
    WqnV9Rf.jpg
    BZCXsI5.jpg

Monkey bars
    pPqhTI4.jpg
    VrZoe5y.jpg

Resting areas
    iFH0iqB.jpg
    OKWDLBd.jpg
    f13W3qE.jpg
    VwilyNL.jpg

Floorplans
    d6UhM8x.jpg
    gYhoLY3.jpg
    dnx4A6W.jpg

• Options
    I have posted in the earlier post about your Desert Bloom Playground Build, and it is great now seeing the extra photos of it in your latest post :) The designs of each of the areas of the build are very nice! Very nice layout of the build.Sims families will enjoy visiting the playground :)

• Options
    GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Nice to see more pictures of the builds that are so beautiful. If I was a sim kid, I'd love that playground park <3<3<3 As an adult, I'd love walking and spending time in the Romantic park - if only it was real!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Window to Nature - a simplistic courtyard

Room type: Outdoor
    Cost: 4.607
    Size: 4x4

Gallery link

In the screenshots below the room is places in a quick modern house setting.
    0sRWkxU.jpg
    bp4dkAw.jpg
    034Q6DP.jpg
    CEJxcGH.jpg

• Options
    Window to Nature looks very peaceful :) The bamboo trees look very restful. It would be a calming and natural room to have within a home.
  • Options
    Tiny Courtyard with water feature - Contains two rooms

Cost: 5.996 + 2.291
    Size: 4 x 3 (2 x 2 in basement)

Gallery link - Courtyard
    Gallery link - Water feature

8cQUVjR.jpg
    2yjWfCN.jpg
    ZqEezRO.jpg
    4jw3IN9.jpg
    LnlJ8Qo.jpg
    vBhzYFG.jpg
  • Options
    Tiny Courtyard and the water feature in it are very nice! :) The stepping stones , lilypads and greenery on the wall and in the water are very special and restful looking parts of the room . The zen decor item suits the type of room well.
    It is a very peaceful looking room <3
  • Options
    Easy maintenance that Window to nature one :smiley: The water feature in the second one is very lovely, tranquil. You have an eye for gardens and nature <3<3 Do you, by any chance, garden irl or work in the business? (if that wasn't too bold/nosy to ask)
  • Options
    Gwiniel wrote: »
    Easy maintenance that Window to nature one :smiley: The water feature in the second one is very lovely, tranquil. You have an eye for gardens and nature <3<3 Do you, by any chance, garden irl or work in the business? (if that wasn't too bold/nosy to ask)

Not at all :) I'm just working at an office, and living in a smaller apartment with barely any outdoor areas. Guess i just like the contrasts xD But we do have some lovely parks near by i like to walk in :)
  • Options
    Arid Botanical Garden

Lot name: Arid Botanical Garden
    World: Oasis Spring
    Lot type: Museum
    Traits: Piece and Quiet, Natural Light
    Cost: 277,251
    Size: 40 x 30
    Toilets: 6

Gallery link

gLm4O1Y.jpg
    WrvAVZ3.jpg

Outdoor
    yhgVW4f.jpg
    NbWImFg.jpg
    kMc7IH8.jpg
    vFfX8Tw.jpg
    oUG08z3.jpg

Entrance room
    I53sqrL.jpg
    FrpJg78.jpg
    h0GfxKI.jpg
    S1GxRBK.jpg

Main room
    izIlymN.jpg
    DLhKEc2.jpg
    bWk3ldF.jpg
    N4sWUzk.jpg
    aD7RliN.jpg
    5qfK6iX.jpg
    tAphzAL.jpg
    C7a8WCk.jpg
    6wtym5D.jpg
    kagWfsn.jpg
    cGjqb9X.jpg

Basement overview
    IRFEiW5.png
    amkVfKS.png

Bar and wardrobe
    w4QdX1s.jpg
    6uINkt4.jpg
    XtqMOQD.jpg
    HMOLxE9.jpg
    235If2G.jpg
    S0DWKvP.jpg
    XVJJmC1.jpg
    5rLaTC8.jpg

Resting areas
    PklbNjd.jpg
    E1zlpzk.jpg
    aHkzKDz.jpg
    CUWnOOf.jpg
    pKpyfEU.jpg
    TeFwA65.jpg

Bathrooms
    3CEX7b7.jpg
    OyWYsyx.jpg
    Cg0pL9w.jpg
    CPf65jQ.jpg
    3rl60Hk.jpg

Top views
    KbpcYZ3.jpg
    4xd6GCg.jpg
    1hglRHa.jpg
  • Options
    Arid Botanical Gardens looks so very nice and very natural ! :) It looks a very calming venue for Sims to enjoy visiting and seeing all the plants and flowers. The shape of the building and the patterned glass dome roofing is very nice! Very nice water features on the edges of the building. The design and layout of the ground level with the plants and greenery looks so very nice! Very nice plants feature area in the middle! The tall lamp lights look very nice . It is such a very nice inspiring place for Sims to enjoy painting on the easel! It is very nice that there is a basement level with a bar for Sims to enjoy sitting at the tables, having a drink from the bar and eating food. It looks very nice how the tables and chairs have been set up there. The blue and white colour scheme looks very nice. Very nice sitting areas for Sims to enjoy resting on the sofas or at the picnic tables. The bamboo plants are calming, and the fish in the aquarium are nice for the Sims to restfully look at. The scenic pictures are a nice touch on the walls.
    The Gardens is very nice! :)
  • Options
    Relaxing Spa Courtyard

Cost: 49,927
    Size: 8 x 11

Gallery link

He3WFEA.jpg
    fDJRyhG.jpg

More pictures
    J0rvCnq.jpg
    0Iuqv13.jpg
    JG3bDVJ.jpg
    LsRqkJb.jpg
    mRwpVaq.jpg
    FYXxzMD.jpg
    n2kMxmD.jpg
    IG4EGwN.jpg
    Fo4KJPH.jpg
    nCv3N08.jpg
    G3fdzZm.jpg
    5nsGSkP.jpg
    xppjdp8.jpg
    7xTUFIu.jpg
    wZ2538w.jpg
    Ew3q8DT.jpg
    mAU5gtJ.jpg

Top view
    UiMLKi3.jpg

• Options
    Relaxing Spa Courtyard looks very calming and peaceful ! :) The black and green colour scheme is very nice! The layout of the courtyard and design of the nook areas looks great! Very nice corner nook sitting area! The bamboo plants, candles wall and candles are very nice touches there. The fish in the aquarium are very nice for Sims to see as they are quietly meditating on the meditation stool. Sims will enjoy resting in the sauna, and have a relaxing soak in the bath tub. Very nice area where Sims can enjoy restfully doing yoga on the mats. They will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar.
    It is a very nice natural themed courtyard :)
  • Options
    @rosemow Your comments are always so sweet, thank you for taking your time to write it :)
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,783 Member
    edited January 2019
    Hi @Vicingus I had to checkout your thread of outdoor builds as I too enjoy doing parks and outdoor spaces including as rooms.
    Just some of the things I like about each build
    'Magnolia Blossom' is a gorgeous replacement for the original one, I love the little greenhouses the roof is a great shape. Lovely flower beds and water feature and I love the swirly paths! Also great bathrooms, I too like to build my own as its nice when they match in with the build rather than using those public ones. Btw I think you could upload again with daytime screenshots in the gallery, just an idea :)
    'Desert Bloom Playground' is on one of my favourite maps, I like the 'sandy' areas and you did a great job using it with a great park with stunning red and green builds/roofs to stand out from the sand. I love the play tower for kids also the chess on black and white squares and the boats on water. The rest areas are perfect for sims to relax, eat and view the park plus I like the attractive bathrooms ;)
    'Arid Botanical Garden' is stunning outside and inside! The jungle adventure decorative edges to the domes look fantastic and the entrance and room to walk through to the main dome is perfect I love all the path edged bright so you can see where to go. The main planted beds are beautiful and the pattern of them from above. great basement areas like the place to hang your coats and areas to sit and rest or snack from the fridge. I do like it when sims have food and good seating areas like in your parks. <3
    'Relaxing Spa Courtyard' is beautiful and very 'Zen' with all the lovely greenery around and I like your great placements of towels etc for sims to use. 1 of my fave things is what I call the 'egg' with green inside, I love how you used it with ferns and tree. Lovely corner seating with the cubes moo'd into the benches.
  • Options
    @luckyheather Thank you so much for the comments! It's very nice of you :) I never thought of adding the same build twice, but it does indeed look very different and lovely in daylight as well!
  • Options
    Mediterranean Courtyard

Cost: 20.937
    Size: 8 x 10

Gallery link

wl7e7bj.jpg
    LWqA9w2.jpg

More pictures:
    40xfESS.jpg
    vNDPnYu.jpg
    OTH3xAl.jpg
    g1llIpp.jpg
    rDY5LEv.jpg
    CYwu3Md.jpg

Top view:
    6oqf5YB.jpg
  • Options
    The design of Mediterranean Courtyard is very nice! :) Very nice shape of the courtyard room! The flowers on the walls look so very pretty! Very nice outdoors dining nook! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and eating the food at the dining table in the very nice floral setting. The vases and pots of plants and flowers through the room on the edges of the walls look very nice! The Mediterranean fireplace looks warming and homely. The flower box windows are a nice touch, and the gardening hose looks great on the wall. The lawn themed pathway looks very nice. The wall lights are nice, lighting up the courtyard.
    It is a very nice courtyard! :)
  • Options
    Instant love <3<3 The Mediterranean courtyard is dreamy, lush, beautiful... there are no accurate enough words that I know to describe... it's magical!
  • Options
    Romantic Rooftop Garden
    Cost: 41.620
    Size: 13 x 15

Gallery link

Rooftop Staircase
    Room type: Misc
    Cost: 6.530
    Size: 2 x 4

Gallery link

Pictures of the room:
    NvUd8TC.jpg
    uyKYKTC.jpg

More pictures:
    iY877iS.jpg
    iY877iS.jpg
    jzdjd2i.jpg
    RSBFxf8.jpg
    9NJF4MA.jpg
    Ni9Mjsh.jpg
    4pHgqTR.jpg
    KtQzC4W.jpg
    3wGQQsT.jpg
    hLfAuuc.jpg
    ZlYHAqT.jpg
    Kiew36k.jpg
    t7STpQF.jpg
    OkkwU6U.jpg
    BBAuPLe.jpg
    33hCQwu.jpg
    fYFoZv5.jpg
    JBwU8Wl.jpg
    N1inbgO.jpg
    yNgVDTG.jpg
    kbMSic2.jpg
    vntGgJi.jpg
    4FYKKzy.jpg
    kCDp0WY.jpg
    fJ5OVZ4.jpg
    pek1oZT.jpg
    ywhgZ5u.jpg
    zRv8m4J.jpg
    puCPC7M.jpg
    Ds7ol3A.jpg
  • Options
    I will repost here what I wrote on the challenge thread
    Romantic Rooftop Garden is very pretty! :) Very nice design of each area of the Garden! The trees and the flowerry grassy areas are very nice natural touches through the room! Very nice music corner nook! Joshua will enjoy playing romantic piano music for Jessica there. The flowers are a very pretty touch on top of the piano, and on either sides of the piano, for Sims to see when playing the piano. The patio lamp heater is nice amidst the flowery grass in areas of the room to keep the Sims warm. They will enjoy having a drink from the drinks tray. The red rose is romantic on the drinks table. Very nice nook area where the white branches separate off a special wedding nook! The water fountain and aquarium are nice touches there. It would be a very special place to get married! It is nice that there is a stepping stones pathway from one area to the next. Very nice dining table nook! They will enjoy sitting at the table having a drink from the drinks bucket, with the candlelit lighting in the evening time. Very pretty pink greenery on the wall! The bamboo plants are calming. They will enjoy listening to music from the music player. The bird baths are a nice touch amidst the flowery grass, and the statue looks great. It is a nice touch the way the three wall plants decor are placed on the wall. Very nice corner bath tubs nook! The candles and red flower on the wall ledge, on the side table and beside the tub, and the wall of candles, are very pretty! The beauty items and towel on the tables are a nice touch.
    It is a very calming , natural and special garden for the proposal! <3
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @Vicingus, your parks and gardens are just Gorgeous! Love the Mediterranean courtyard. So Pretty!

Your rooftop garden is Beautifully done! Love the way you sectioned off the separate areas with the pretty winding path, taking you to them. <3