Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 3 more years is not going to happen!!

13...Next

Comments

• TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited January 2019
    sims 5 wont be announced for at least another 2 years . If it even comes at all. the idea of sims 4 being the last pc game for the sims is actually very believable to me.
    Post edited by TheHarbinger_51 on
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It's hard to know how long we've got. But I don't feel like the next Sims game will be anything like the Sims we've gotten used to. It may even be so different that they can run them at the same time, like Sims 4 and Sims Freeplay are run together. Freeplay is basically an advert for The Sims.

The annoying thing bout it being released for the consoles is that we can worry "Will EA release it based on the life or strength of a console? That's about 4-5 years of life - which is extremely unfair on your PC user."
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    There's a LOT more to work on TS4. I really hope they do have 3 more years of content to it. I will be extremely disappointed if they abandon Sims 4 to realease Sims 5.
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    There's a LOT more to work on TS4. I really hope they do have 3 more years of content to it. I will be extremely disappointed if they abandon Sims 4 to realease Sims 5.

They ended Sims 3 because the game couldn't possibly handle more added to it. Technical limitations. Not because Sims 4 was ready. It wasn't.
    But while Sims 4 wasn't ready back then and is still being worked on to some degree, it has much more potential in terms of how much you can add to it than Sims 3 ever had.
    Sims 3 reached its full potential. Sims 4 still has a lot it could do. The question is if the Devs decide to do it, or if they decide that they leave it at some point. There are things it can't that Sims 3 did, such as open world and CaSt, but overall...
    As of right now, far more people demand University, Witches and Beaches than Sims 5.
    Announcing Sims 5 before Sims 4 has at least a large portion of the Content both Sims 2 and Sims 3 had would be the worst thing they could do from a marketing perspective.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I’m not sure, I see plenty of sims 5 topics, here and on other forums and social media.

Ea can do what they like, look at Sim City and that fiasco? It was dumped. Ditto sims medieval. There are plenty of title EA have cut and run from, don’t think the sims is immune, it’s not.
    I’m not sure, I see plenty of sims 5 topics, here and on other forums and social media.

Ea can do what they like, look at Sim City and that fiasco? It was dumped. Ditto sims medieval. There are plenty of title EA have cut and run from, don’t think the sims is immune, it’s not.

Sims 4 is not a fiasco. In my country, it is the Nr. 1 best selling game. Even until today, it has remained there for the entire time.
    When it comes to sales, Sims 4 does well, with millions of players playing the game.
    There is a large community that is passionate about the game. Yes, this game, not the franchise in general.
    Just because there is still a hate train going on doesn't make it a fiasco. Sims 3 had one too, and it only died down sometime after seasons. I think it was at Island Paradise. Not 100% sure though... Sims 3 was no fiasco either. The Hate for Sims 4 is also dying down right now.
    Sims 1 fans also called Sims 2 names such as Abomination, when it came out, and that ended at some point too.

With that said, you are absolutely right if you say that they could abandon Sims 4 and just release Sims 5 and it would be a fiasco they could recover from. I never said they couldn't. They can do whatever they like. What I said was that this would be the worst thing they could do right now. That is my opinion, and I already told you why I think this way.
    And the people wanting Sims 5... I see those topics too, but they are often from the same 3 or 4 people, and no matter where I go, I see far more people demanding University, Witches, Beaches, Upgraded Babies etc than Sims 5. Like FAR more.
    I also never said the people who want Sims 5 don't exist. They clearly do. There are just more people who want more stuff for Sims 4.
    edited January 2019
    Armilus616 wrote: »

Sims 4 is not a fiasco. In my country, it is the Nr. 1 best selling game. Even until today, it has remained there for the entire time.
    When it comes to sales, Sims 4 does well, with millions of players playing the game.
    There is a large community that is passionate about the game. Yes, this game, not the franchise in general.
    Just because there is still a hate train going on doesn't make it a fiasco. Sims 3 had one too, and it only died down sometime after seasons. I think it was at Island Paradise. Not 100% sure though... Sims 3 was no fiasco either. The Hate for Sims 4 is also dying down right now.
    Sims 1 fans also called Sims 2 names such as Abomination, when it came out, and that ended at some point too.

With that said, you are absolutely right if you say that they could abandon Sims 4 and just release Sims 5 and it would be a fiasco they could recover from. I never said they couldn't. They can do whatever they like. What I said was that this would be the worst thing they could do right now. That is my opinion, and I already told you why I think this way.
    And the people wanting Sims 5... I see those topics too, but they are often from the same 3 or 4 people, and no matter where I go, I see far more people demanding University, Witches, Beaches, Upgraded Babies etc than Sims 5. Like FAR more.
    I also never said the people who want Sims 5 don't exist. They clearly do. There are just more people who want more stuff for Sims 4.

I didn’t call the sims 4 a fiasco. I called sim city a fiasco. Re read my post. Where is the evidence more people want more sims 4 content over sims 5? Actual evidence? I can’t prove more people want a Sims 5. I’m just saying I’m seeing a lot of noise about the sims 5. For the record, I couldn’t care less about a sims 5. Going in the direction EA want to go all I’ll say is Good Luck everyone!

I agree if they cut and run from the sims it would be pretty awful but I don’t trust them not to do it. History will always repeat itself. Look at how sims 3 was left. Then think about what condition sims 4 will be left in.

I didn’t call the sims 4 a fiasco. I called sim city a fiasco. Re read my post. Where is the evidence more people want more sims 4 content over sims 5? Actual evidence? I can’t prove more people want a Sims 5. I’m just saying I’m seeing a lot of noise about the sims 5. For the record, I couldn’t care less about a sims 5. Going in the direction EA want to go all I’ll say is Good Luck everyone!

I agree if they cut and run from the sims it would be pretty awful but I don’t turst them not to do it. History will always repeat itself.

I can only tell what I see. And I don't know where you see that much noise for Sims 5. I see some, but far more for Sims 4 content.
    Both here on the forum and on Twitter where the Devs actually are. I don't visit every category on the forum, and I don't follow all the Gurus, So I sure miss a few things. But unless some subforums here are all about Sims 5 and nothing else, I really can't imagine the Sims 5 crowd to be bigger than the Sims 4 DLC crowd.
    I don't have any evidence beyond that. I may very well be wrong.

I apologize for the misunderstanding, It came across as if you equated Sim City with Sims 4.

Also, I can only repeat. Neither did I say nor mean that EA will not or can not announce Sims 5 prematurely before Sims 4 has reached its potential. What I said was that it would be a huge mistake to do so, and why I think this way.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Ts4 is an ongoing, dreadful disappointment in my humble opinion... And there is little currently offered for me to consider adding onto the base game that I've already purchased.

However, I would still gladly purchase additional content for ts3 if the current or a 3rd party developer were somehow able to create new, additional content. That said, I do hope the franchise will recover and the next iteration will be better.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    If we don't get a monthly patch any more the next years will be hard.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member

They ended Sims 3 because the game couldn't possibly handle more added to it. Technical limitations. Not because Sims 4 was ready. It wasn't.
    But while Sims 4 wasn't ready back then and is still being worked on to some degree, it has much more potential in terms of how much you can add to it than Sims 3 ever had.
    Sims 3 reached its full potential. Sims 4 still has a lot it could do. The question is if the Devs decide to do it, or if they decide that they leave it at some point. There are things it can't that Sims 3 did, such as open world and CaSt, but overall...
    As of right now, far more people demand University, Witches and Beaches than Sims 5.
    Announcing Sims 5 before Sims 4 has at least a large portion of the Content both Sims 2 and Sims 3 had would be the worst thing they could do from a marketing perspective.

I couldn't agree more. I don't have a high-end computer and TS4 still runs smoothly, even after I got all the packs. While TS3 already had tons of glitches and lags with just the base game. The Sims 4 can definitely handle a couple more years of content without compromising the performance.

Plus it's definitely true that there's a lot more people asking for more content, than those asking for the next generation.
  • awlchickawlchick Posts: 75 Member
    I finally got a nice gaming PC so I've been able to really enjoy all the EP's and packs. I hope we still have a while with the sims 4! Not ready for it to end. I've been playing sims4 since it came out and i'm still loving it.

Exactly. As many who feel that TS4 is not the game for them, I can assure you there are just as many, actually more players, that are enjoying TS4 just fine. It's not complete yet and it has been quite successful and will only grow larger from here. Nowhere has it been a fiasco, other than maybe a few peoples minds.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    IMO the lack of stuff packs isn't because they are starting to kill Sims 4. I think it's more that there was a lot of issues with them not being up to expectations. At least most everything I read/watched/heard was that the stuff packs were a lot worse for Sims 4 than what we had come to expect with Sims 2 and 3. I personally feel that the lack of stuff packs is a good thing because they didn't really add much or seem to really follow the same theme that I feel they were supposed to. I mean with Movie Stuff Pack none of the CAS stuff made me think movies. Of course I don't own many of the stuff packs right now because I feel they just don't add much to my game that I can't get with CC.

I on the other hand love stuff packs. I love getting extra hair, clothes, furniture, and other items. I don’t use mods and I don’t use custom content, so I loved getting a new pack each month. And, I thought they just kept getting better and better. There are several items I use from them on a regular basis....certain hairs, buffet table, hot tub. I love the bohemian furniture from one of the packs. I use a lot of things from backyard stuff, and the toddlers and kids packs. I liked the rock climbing machine and earbuds from fitness stuff, and I could go on in on. I wish they would start making them again. I even liked the small pet stuff pack that so many were complaining about. I would like to see another pet stuff with rabbits, ferrets, lizards, tarantula’s, birds, and things like that, that kids could feed, hold, and play with. I say ..... please bring the stuff packs back!!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2019

I agree if they cut and run from the sims it would be pretty awful but I don’t turst them not to do it. History will always repeat itself.

I can only tell what I see. And I don't know where you see that much noise for Sims 5. I see some, but far more for Sims 4 content.
    Both here on the forum and on Twitter where the Devs actually are. I don't visit every category on the forum, and I don't follow all the Gurus, So I sure miss a few things. But unless some subforums here are all about Sims 5 and nothing else, I really can't imagine the Sims 5 crowd to be bigger than the Sims 4 DLC crowd.
    I don't have any evidence beyond that. I may very well be wrong.

I apologize for the misunderstanding, It came across as if you equated Sim City with Sims 4.

Also, I can only repeat. Neither did I say nor mean that EA will not or can not announce Sims 5 prematurely before Sims 4 has reached its potential. What I said was that it would be a huge mistake to do so, and why I think this way.
    I have no idea how others feel and I don't have any numbers, I can only speak for myself. I don't enjoy Sims 4 enough to seriously play it (I play it now and then for a while and I enjoy it alright when I do, but then something else comes along (most of the time Sims 3, the game runs just fine on my PC) and I forget about version 4 again. It's enjoyable but in no way as addicitve for me as its predecessor.

That's me though, again, I don't imagine I can speak for others (nor do I want to) or claim I know the statistics. I don't. Reacting to the not-seeing-that-much-noise-for-Sims 5 observation though: EA and Maxis are constantly making it crystal clear they aren't interested in me as a target group (quite recently for instance I heard casinos are out because they are less cool with younger generations; I don't care about the casinos, I do care about the argument). I'm way too old apparently. I'm not even worth a spark of consideration. On top of that they are clearly quite happy with all the sacrifices they made, removing features that I took for granted when I played Sims 3 and that are important to me. Marketing and livestreaming and catering new players seems to be more important at the moment than focusing on the game and exsisting players. Don't get me wrong, EA had every right to have that strategy and I presume it's a profitable one. Also my welfare fortunately doesn't depend on the Sims franchise.

Long story very short though: for me it means I lost all interest in a Sims 5, because I've lost confidence. I just can't imagine, the way things are, that a Sims 5 will be interesting for me. And this has been a long process, I feel I'm in the final stage (giving up, acquiescing). As a potential person who could be very interested in a Sims 5, way more than in new content for Sims 4: I'm not. I'm more interested in a successor for Animal Crossing and other games that could be fun for me - just got Stardew Valley for Christmas - than I am in a successor for Sims. That's just what happens when you discover they don't make a product for you anymore. You lose interest.

What I mean to say is, the fact nobody seems all that interested in a Sims 5 isn't necessarily a hopeful sign for Sims 4 appreciation.
    5JZ57S6.png
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    IMO the lack of stuff packs isn't because they are starting to kill Sims 4. I think it's more that there was a lot of issues with them not being up to expectations. At least most everything I read/watched/heard was that the stuff packs were a lot worse for Sims 4 than what we had come to expect with Sims 2 and 3. I personally feel that the lack of stuff packs is a good thing because they didn't really add much or seem to really follow the same theme that I feel they were supposed to. I mean with Movie Stuff Pack none of the CAS stuff made me think movies. Of course I don't own many of the stuff packs right now because I feel they just don't add much to my game that I can't get with CC.

I on the other hand love stuff packs. I love getting extra hair, clothes, furniture, and other items. I don’t use mods and I don’t use custom content, so I loved getting a new pack each month. And, I thought they just kept getting better and better. There are several items I use from them on a regular basis....certain hairs, buffet table, hot tub. I love the bohemian furniture from one of the packs. I use a lot of things from backyard stuff, and the toddlers and kids packs. I liked the rock climbing machine and earbuds from fitness stuff, and I could go on in on. I wish they would start making them again. I even liked the small pet stuff pack that so many were complaining about. I would like to see another pet stuff with rabbits, ferrets, lizards, tarantula’s, birds, and things like that, that kids could feed, hold, and play with. I say ..... please bring the stuff packs back!!

As someone who has dabbled in cc , cc is great. But I really love playing "vanilla" also. I will keep my game vanilla and i like stuff packs too.
  • kaiyote23kaiyote23 Posts: 4 New Member
    Grant said very recently like not even 2 months ago that the sims 4 will have content for years to come. He’s reiterated himself I don’t know how many times. Y’all are getting so tiresome with this thread like please move on.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I would like 3 or even more years of content to come for the Sims 4. I'm currently having a blast with the game. :lol:
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
    edited January 2019
    I agree with @JoAnne65. That said it perfectly for me. No gaming company wants fans to not want their next game (I’m not saying everyone doesn’t want a sims 5) There is definitely a appetite for it in many places. Im cold on it this point, I don’t have faith it would be everything the sims 4 isn’t. Very good point there. There seems to be people who want the game gone, people who love the game and want it to carry on, people who are indifferent or becoming indifferent to the sims 4 and people who just want a future sims 5. (There can of course be overlaps) I myself jump between one and three, probably a mix of both. Of all the games I’m looking forward to that I know are getting sequels or may get sequels the sims 5 isnt on that list, it would have to be a hell of a game and I just don’t see that happening.

But then I’ve been a simmer for 19 years next month. Perhaps future iterations are not for me. (Well they aren’t). I haven’t outgrown the series, I can and do play the sims 1-3 frequently. Sims 4 doesn’t have that magic for me, it hasn’t captured me the way the previous games did when I preordered everything “blind” without seeing any game play or even know in full what it was about.

When the sims 2 came out I was so excited and started playing it, I still played one. (I’ve never been one to abandon a game because a new one has come out unless it’s a story and I’ve completed it) When the sims 3 came out it piqued my interest because it looked different to the sims 2 and it looked different enough to make me want to try it. I liked what I saw. Although admittedly it took me some time and a brand new pc to fall in love with the game.

When the sims 4 was announced I was very “meh” to me it didn’t have anything I hadn’t saw previously. It was the first sims game I didn’t buy on launch. I didn’t buy it till March after the release. I knew the sims 3 wasn’t going to last But I was okay with that, it has lots of content!

But the temptation of a new sims game wasn’t enough to make me bite. So a sims 5 so far isn’t making me excited. I hope they finish the sims 4 and give everyone what they are looking for and leave it in a better state than they left the previous games.
    Post edited by MidnightAura on
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    The reason Sims 3 was so quickly developed was because it ripped off the Sims 2 engine. The reason it lasted 4 years was because it simply couldn't handle more content. It having limited DLC potential was already known by EA and Devs, which is why they were prepping up for Sims 4 even when Sims 3 started hitting the shelves - because they didn't want The Sims franchise to have dry spells. This is why it LOOKS like 'every four years'. It's logic and mathematics.

But Sims 4 has lasted 4 years and is set to last 7 - at least. That's just how easy it is to add content. It's been ported to consoles and they even use its cartoonish style in their mobile games.

Game Devs have a lousy union. If the Sims 4 comes to an end, they've got two options - go to Sims 5 - which will almost certainly be built with a different engine - or look for work elsewhere.

Which is why 'at least three years' really does mean 'at least'. I mean, have you ever heard of a game released AHEAD of schedule?

Some of the programmers might have to take some new language courses (though if the programming remains under an updated version of Python that would help); designers/animators might have to learn new software. I don't think we'd see an en masse departure. And look at games like WoW or others, still going strong several years down the road == WoW is celebrating its 15th anniversary this year with no signs of slowing down, expansions stacking on top of each other (played it briefly during the Mists of Pandaria era and decided it wasn't really my cup of chai).

All they need to do is make sure they get enough time to get Sims 5 right at initial release -- that means no waiting 2+ years for toddlers, no object babies, well defined age stages so teens don't feel like mini-YAs and Adults and Elders don't feel like afterthoughts. And more options to give Sims unique personalities -- could be having secondary traits alongside the primary traits, or could be more primary traits.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Actually the decision isn't with the devs -- it's with the suits in the executive wing, especially the accountants, who will decide if the game is still getting back the money they put into it (and then some in terms of profit) or if it's time to move on to the next iteration or even away from The Sims franchise altogether.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)