Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's the little things that matter the most.

Maybe it was mentioned in a patch, but I just noticed that the devs fixed an issue where when sims would leave a lot the sims left at home would do random things in order to 'care for self.' Just now when I sent a few people from my current household to the gym, and left someone at home playing the piano, the sim at home kept skill building. I also recently learned that sims left on a lot will care for the need that needs immediate attention, and that if you continue to click 'care for self' that sim will switch to taking care of another need. This means that when my sims leave others at home sleeping, they will continue to sleep. Now, when I get back to a lot there's almost always someone grilling something when I get back, but their needs aren't in a nightmare scenario anymore. So, I guess what I'm saying is I appreciate the effort into the little things.

Is there anything else you've noticed while playing that has made you appreciate all the effort the Sims team puts into building a great game?
Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
Sims 4 Blog
Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    What I have noticed, is that if I follow my singer Sim to his concerts and what he's doing, his toddler twin nephews end up in really bad shape. Mind you, his sister and brother-in-law are often home with the boys, but I guess somewhere along the way I stopped clicking on take care of needs. This is good information to know. I shall try it again and hope it also works in my game. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MakoSimsMakoSims Posts: 284 Member
    My sims needs were nightmare scenario yesterday, but I never press 'care for self'. I always assumed if it said 'care for self' already then that's what they'd be doing... then I get home and everyone's sleepy and hungry and smelly and about to wet themselves.
    Origin ID: sakura-drops
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    MakoSims wrote: »
    My sims needs were nightmare scenario yesterday, but I never press 'care for self'. I always assumed if it said 'care for self' already then that's what they'd be doing... then I get home and everyone's sleepy and hungry and smelly and about to wet themselves.

I thought that too, but I read somewhere, probably here on a different forum thread about clicking it again and it seems to work. At least I noticed things were a lot better for me. Like I said, I don't think this was originally a function that existed. If it did it was a well kept secret. Just thought I might share some knowledge.
    Sims 4 Blog
    I hope you find success with that trick @GalacticGal.
    Sims 4 Blog
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Care for self is actually glitched out at the moment.
    It's supposed to automatically start on its own, and switch which need it's caring for on its own, but the glitch forces the user to have to click the Care for Self button manually in both cases.
    Doesn't seem to work all that well for Toddlers (or at all in some cases?), though.
    Especially if it's "daycare" that's looking out for them.

I really hope this gets fixed soon. Like next patch soon.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Maybe it was mentioned in a patch, but I just noticed that the devs fixed an issue where when sims would leave a lot the sims left at home would do random things in order to 'care for self.' Just now when I sent a few people from my current household to the gym, and left someone at home playing the piano, the sim at home kept skill building. I also recently learned that sims left on a lot will care for the need that needs immediate attention, and that if you continue to click 'care for self' that sim will switch to taking care of another need. This means that when my sims leave others at home sleeping, they will continue to sleep. Now, when I get back to a lot there's almost always someone grilling something when I get back, but their needs aren't in a nightmare scenario anymore. So, I guess what I'm saying is I appreciate the effort into the little things.

Is there anything else you've noticed while playing that has made you appreciate all the effort the Sims team puts into building a great game?

My Sims have always been in the green when I return from elsewhere, but they either eat all the leftovers or cook multiple meals while the other Sims are gone. It's been a great annoyance that I can't leave a Sim reading or sleeping while another Sim pops out for a short while, and expect that the Sim left at home will continue to do what I've told them to do until I return (or needs become desperate). So, I'd be very happy if they've fixed this. I've got to the point that if one Sim needs to leave the house, everyone has to go.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    I hope you find success with that trick @GalacticGal.

Thank you. As it happens, I had to roll back to an even earlier game save. The twins are infants at this point in time, but my Singer Sim's music hit status has been restored. It curiously went missing and he was no longer getting bookings for concerts. :open_mouth: This after a mishap in my game. I tried to continue on with the deaths of this sister and brother-in-law, but it was more of a joke and I wasn't having fun yet. Plus, he lost his music hit status, as indicated. Once the twins become toddlers again, we'll see if this does the trick to keep everybody happy. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    The little detail I like most about Sims 4 is the way Sims who love each other look at each other when they walk by. Sometimes two lovers make my heart melt with their loving gazes!
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    @Terra I agree. There are some seriously sweet details in the interactions, especially romantic ones and toward children.
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    edited December 2018

My Sims have always been in the green when I return from elsewhere, but they either eat all the leftovers or cook multiple meals while the other Sims are gone. It's been a great annoyance that I can't leave a Sim reading or sleeping while another Sim pops out for a short while, and expect that the Sim left at home will continue to do what I've told them to do until I return (or needs become desperate). So, I'd be very happy if they've fixed this. I've got to the point that if one Sim needs to leave the house, everyone has to go.

@invisiblgirl I've had a similar problem before. It's amazing to me how this feature is functioning just a bit differently for everyone. I used to play with the philosophy that if one sim went somewhere, everyone went or it happened on the weekend when most sims had time off so it didn't matter too much if their needs plummeted. Or in your case, they ate all the food like they thought you were never coming back. I understand your frustration, and I would love to see this feature get fixed across the board because I have always thought that if I leave my sims at home doing something, that's what they should still be doing (if feasible) upon my return. I'm sorry this doesn't work for you and hope that something gets implemented soon.

Sims 4 Blog
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Yes...
    Oh hamburgers!
    Terra wrote: »
    The little detail I like most about Sims 4 is the way Sims who love each other look at each other when they walk by. Sometimes two lovers make my heart melt with their loving gazes!

@Terra I love that little feature too. I've also noticed it sometimes between strangers walking by one another. Its kinda how I put couples together sometimes, if I happen to notice them making eyes at someone.
    Sims 4 Blog