Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What were your Christmas gifts this year? Are you happy with them?

MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
I live in Russia, where we celebrate New Year rather than Christmas + most of those who do celebrate Christmas are Orthodox, and their Christmas is on the 7th of January. That's why I haven't gotten anything yet and very excited, though my love has already told me what it's going to be.

So how's your Christmas? Be free to share your stories and pics. <3

Comments

• CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    I got a new lap top and a book on the Romanovs. I loved them! I also got a lot of art supplies too. They’re awesome!
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • jvliajuliqjvliajuliq Posts: 91 Member
    i got a new laptop and some money which i'm planning to spend on some laptop accessories
    yikes!
  • Aeren90Aeren90 Posts: 65 Member
    Tickets for Anastasia the musical, yaaaaay :)
    We have Santa Claus in Spain (well, in recent years), but we mostly receive our gifts on the 6th of January (Reyes Magos or 3 Wise Men).
  • MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    @AerenAeren90, I'm going to recieve my gifts something like on the 5-6th of January too, that's because we usually get them on January the 1, but I'm seeing my close people a little bit later.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Since our family is so large, we've been doing a Secret Santa gift exchange with a set max amount through a website called DrawNames.com for the adults the last few years. This year my Son got my name and he gave me a footrest for under my computer desk which I desperately needed. I have short legs and they dangle without something like this which consequently cuts off the blood supply to my legs/ankles and they get swollen and sore if I sit at my computer very long. Not anymore! \o/

He also got me TS4 Jungle Adventure GP! I absolutely ADORE it! I've been exploring everything this pack has to offer the last couple days, but have only reached the tip of the iceberg of what it can do. My Sim did manage to make it through the jungle and temple traps finally last night to snag all the treasures. He started out Rags to Riches style living on an empty lot with no funds. He collected and fished up enough simoleons to travel to Selvaderada for a couple days and ended up coming back with enough loot to build/furnish a really nice little home for himself.

Planning on sending him back soon so he can explore more areas and maybe find himself a love interest too! ;)

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy Simming to all! <3
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    I got nothing for Christmas. I'm just happy to be alive. 😂😐😭
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm at a point in my life where I can either buy what I want for myself, or a thing I want is too expensive or immaterial to be given as a gift, so I'm pretty much good with anything.

Interestingly, my younger sister got me beard oil (last year she got me this fancy shaving cream with a brush) while my older sister got me an electric razor. Ever since I started growing more facial hair, they've gotten me beard-related stuff. :D

We also have an annual raffle among my relatives where everyone's names are drawn and the cash prize amount increases in size the further you go, and I won the grand prize for the first time in my life. :D If I were younger, I would've been thrilled because I'd use it to buy games, but now I already have enough money to buy games and enough games in my backlog to occupy my time, so it's going into my savings account.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    @DeKay, at least you're happy on that! LOL. Cause not everyone is.
    DeKay, at least you're happy on that! LOL. Cause not everyone is.

Those people need to stop taking life for granted. :D
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: »

Some adult guy posted a pic of himself upset that his parents got him a Wii and Smash that they got on clearance, thinking it was the Switch game he was referring to. I was all "I'll take that if you don't want it". :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Some adult guy posted a pic of himself upset that his parents got him a Wii and Smash that they got on clearance, thinking it was the Switch game he was referring to. I was all "I'll take that if you don't want it". :D

These darn kids and their toys. XD
    832XG3D.gif
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    A fire extinguisher.
    I guess I'm so hot, I'm at risk of combusting :p
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

These darn kids and their toys. XD

Back in my day we'd get one less beating during Christmas, AND WE LIKED IT

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    I got a Sims code card 😀
    @icmnfrsh,
    Reminds me of our local Russian old joke. When somebody complains way too much about his "rough" childhood when it was actually okay, he gets teased like "Oh yeah, back in the days you had wooden toys nailed to the floor". :D
    icmnfrsh,
    Reminds me of our local Russian old joke. When somebody complains way too much about his "rough" childhood when it was actually okay, he gets teased like "Oh yeah, back in the days you had wooden toys nailed to the floor". :D

:joy:

I'm getting Doofenshmirtz vibes from this

• ChristelleChristelle Posts: 144 Member
    Our family buys 1 gift for a male and 1 for female, then we randomly get a gift from those under the tree. Each married couple gives a gift to each child in the family. Love this.
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Tickets for Anastasia the musical, yaaaaay :)
    We have Santa Claus in Spain (well, in recent years), but we mostly receive our gifts on the 6th of January (Reyes Magos or 3 Wise Men).
    I love that musical !
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    I'm happy, because I got SSBU and the fighters pass for Christmas. that was one of the presents. And today, my new SSBU edition pro controller arrived. I really love the decal.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited December 2018
    Pajamas and fuzzy socks, basically. I guess I'm happy. I never ask for anything but my family insists on giving me something every Christmas. I get more enjoyment out of giving gifts than receiving.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
    @AngelEb95,
    I get more enjoyment out of giving gifts than receiving.
    I love both cause I always have a hard time with believing that I'm loved and needed. I did my best to raise money and buy a gift for my love, but I never thought she was going to give me something. So when I was asked "Vince, what do you want for Christmas?" I was really surprised.
  • I_Honestly_Cant24I_Honestly_Cant24 Posts: 28 Member
    A slow cookers, a giant panda plush, electric toothbrush, skincare, get famous expansion pack
  • TheLAURATheLAURA Posts: 16 New Member
    A book about Norse mythology and vikings.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Money for clothes.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • eh_vikaeh_vika Posts: 5 New Member
    Money for a new laptop, Nomination bracelet, some new cutlery, bath stuff, and since I'm a teacher - a ton of sweets from my students :)