Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any Sims related New Year’s Resolutions You’ll Be Making?

Comments

• dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    To play my game more. I played so little this year. And to move on to the next generation of my family... which kind of ties in with actually playing my game sometimes lol.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Hejix wrote: »
    I used to want to cut my time back, but it's too good for my mental health!

Same here. It's the best stress relief I have, the only thing that will take my mind completely off whatever is overwhelming or stressing me, and allow me to stop and leave it as soon as I feel ready to deal with whatever was causing the stress, even in the middle of a sim day. Reading will take my mind off real life stresses, but I can't stop when the stress is gone, because I have a hard time putting down a book before I find out what is going to happen. So simming is better.

• FabBunnyFabBunny Posts: 158 Member
    I don't really have new years's resolutions as such. More like goals. I guess I'd say I want to play more. I have a stressful few months ahead at school and this leads to my anxiety becoming bad. I'm still gonna work as hard, but instead of thinking about my school work all the time, when I'm not working, I'm going to try to use sims as therapy to help me. :)
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I actually want to finish one of my stories without getting bored.XD

Finishing stories is a huge monkey on my back, I HATE having unfinished stories...but yet they sit unfinished, mocking me...

Same here. I have several stories started but I get bored after 3 generations or so, and start new games. Sorry everyone for those who were into my stories in the big thread.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,585 Member
    Okay, there are a few I want to set for this year. :)

1. Finish updating the 3 worlds I've been working on for over 3 years. :blush:
    2. Play a Legacy through all of EA worlds
    3. Earn as many badges in game as I can with one Sim. :lol:
    4. Complete my old Apocalypse Challenge with the full rules (oh, my - the rules!)
    5. Find all the worlds I started and either toss them or finish them- might not be do-able in a year. :mrgreen:

It's a 'short' list. :cookie:
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    The same as 2018. To keep saving and backing up regularly. The fan in my laptop started to make a strange noise the other day and I immediately panicked and started looking for signs of overheating. You just never know when you are going to need that back up.

To keep customised patterns in CASt to an absolute minimum. The EIG function in CAW is extremely temperamental so anything which might upset it simply has to go.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    I want to finish one of the worlds I created in CAW. I always have great fun modeling the landscape and painting the terrain, but as soon as it gets to the finicky stuff, like placing trees and boulders and streets, I just start another world. But I did it once (even if it is a pretty basic one), I can do it again!

Also, like every year, I want to quit smoking and drinking. As I do neither, it´s always a garanteed success! :D
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.

To keep customised patterns in CASt to an absolute minimum. The EIG function in CAW is extremely temperamental so anything which might upset it simply has to go.

I wonder if that's why EIG crashes for me every time in my current project. I have only one custom pattern, which I downloaded recently and have not used yet. I guess I'll uninstall it from the game folder I use for CAW projects, and see if that takes care of the problem. I thought I was going to have to place the rest of the residential lots and the residents in a starter save, since I haven't been able to use EIG for that world anymore.
  • JadeGreenJadeGreen Posts: 20 Member
    -To not stay up until 1:30am stuck in the "one more sim day" loop.
    -To build my town of Red River in the town creator.
    O9XPLQ6
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Mine is to actually give names to some of my Sims :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Create a female sim sometime in 2019! Create my first world using CAW!
    :) Smile!

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Puddinroy wrote: »

@Puddinroy Wait...are you saying you've never created a female sim before? :p

;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    emorrill wrote: »
    Puddinroy wrote: »

@Puddinroy Wait...are you saying you've never created a female sim before? :p

;)

@emorrill: Yes. Especailly in Sims3!

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Puddinroy Good luck in CAW :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @Puddinroy Good luck in CAW :smile:

@king_of_simcity7: Thanks

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    I know I said that I wasn't going to make New Year's resolutions, but I do have one.

1. To go back to my Legacy and finish off Generation 2 (from birth till death) and work on Generation 3.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    I don't usually make resolutions as I don't like to set myself up for disappointment :lol:

However I would like to play more this year and finally get to gen 11, and spend a few less hours here. In other words... I need better time management :lol:
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    coco wrote: »
    I don't usually make resolutions as I don't like to set myself up for disappointment :lol:

@coco ^Yeah......that. :lol:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    I’m not one for making strict resolutions, but I do have some Sim—ly goals. :)

Generally speaking, I’d like to play more often again. Some more specific things I want to accomplish or at least make some progress with this year:

—Finish my last few residential builds for the empty world I’m filling up for my fairy/supernatural hybrids and finally begin playing in it!
    —Go through my CC hair package files, eliminate those I rarely/never use and re-merge
    —Work on my backlog of ideas for Sims and lots
    —Get back to filling up Industrial Island with grunge builds
    —Create more CC paintings
    —Play a Midnight Sun challenge
    —See what I can do/build for the MS Plumbob Dream cruise ship world
    —Continue working on my master sim (max all skills/complete all challenges)
    —Explore some of the game features I haven’t tried yet, such as resort ownership
    —Upgrade to an SSD
  • SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    edited January 2019
    Maybe the word "resolution" is a bit scary, I don't make promises either that I can't keep, but I think I've made one to myself in real life. I promise to my self to try getting happier and healthier and thus be a better person, but it's not just a promise. I actually have real plans on how to do that, so I might have a chance (for a few months).

I didn't think anything Sims related before, but I really want to continue playing and learning now that I have my new PC that runs the game and CAW. EIG just doesn't work, but I'll try to fix that. I'll continue planning my story and start writing it, and post more regularly to my blog. I could also make that male sim, too... :D
    Post edited by Silvakristiina on
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I will try to finish off the remaking of my old chapters in part one, and get on with the next, new, chapters! :#
    NymlADp.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    jillbg wrote: »
    I will try to finish off the remaking of my old chapters in part one, and get on with the next, new, chapters! :#

yeah for new chapters!

jillbg wrote: »

Good! You really left us hanging with that last chapter.
  • SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    This year I resolve to try to learn how to play both Sims 3 and Sims 2. I spend hours ingame but it is always applying my patterns to Sims in CAS or furniture, objects, walls, floors in a lot
  • LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    I don't make resolutions as I can never follow them. I have a few goals though.

-Start using more poses for scenes to make some interactions look more natural.

-Maybe try one of the many sim challenges that are out there. If anyone has a link to them, I'd greatly appreciate it!

-Jump out of my comfort zone with some things. Maybe have a sim relationship that isn't all hearts and roses. Have a married couple get separated or divorced and the kids feel like they're stuck in the middle. Have a single parent raising their kid by themself.

-Have my sims visit the future more often.

-Play with Supernatural and Midnight Hollow more.

-Use more EA and Store items.

I can't think of anything else, lol.