Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any Sims related New Year’s Resolutions You’ll Be Making?

My main one is to cut down my Simming time significantly, I haven’t played for days now, I miss it a little but need a break. I’m also going to be gifting more, I’ve slacked off in the past year. :(

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited December 2018
    I always seem to fail with New Year's Resolutions; two weeks into the New Year and it already goes sideways. I finally made a resolution that I've kept so far: I refuse to make any New Year's Resolutions.

I'm sure with Sims 3, any resolution that I make...including less time playing it...will probably be broken by Week 2.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I don't ever make resolutions, but I do set goals for each new year. I would really like to finish organizing all of my library files, eliminating duplicates, and naming each file with a descriptive file name. I started on that a few years ago, but not only did I not finish it yet, but I now have even more houses and households in my library files, and more duplicates.
  • Options
    pandabear1836pandabear1836 Posts: 2,269 Member
    I would actually like to play sims more. I've rarely played at all this year! My legacy hasn't been updated in over a year. I'd like to get back to writing chapters regularly again!
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    I am going to make a male sim :o sometime in 2019

It will be hard but am gonna do it :p
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Honestly? I should probably cut back on the amount of time I spend playing. Maybe take a couple of days off during the week. Catch up on writing blog posts.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Upload more, and improve my building skills. And actually use the blog I made myself lol
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    I resolve to actually play my game...lol My wonderful hubby gave me a new computer & I've been so busy downloading store files & fighting origin that I haven't been ready to play, but it looks like tomorrow will be a go
    @CravenLestat I'll believe it when I see it :p ( & when you do he better be as hot as your women )
  • Options
    Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    In the sims, I resolve to open that bakery and/or pizza place I've been saying I'm going to introduce into my playthrough. IRL, I usually don't make New Years resolutions.
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    For a while now, I’ve had ideas for stories floating around in my head. I hope that I’ll be able to be consistent with writing them and posting chapters. Well, as consistent as third-year vet school will allow me to be! :tongue: I also want to continue writing feedback for the awesome folks on the “what happened in your game today” thread. Love you guys :kissing_heart:
    I am going to make a male sim :o sometime in 2019

It will be hard but am gonna do it :p
    I want to create more female Sims too! Sorry, let me add to that: more non-tomboy female Sims. The only way to expand my comfort zone is to step outside it.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I'll be making one to get my Riverview makeover done and test the world so it can be released and get into live play in Logan so I can make sure it will be playable.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Finally get caught up on the "what happened in your sims game today" thread. I'm still reading posts from April!

I also have sinned and bought The Sims 4 digital deluxe for the sale price of $6.49. I shall continue playing both games, though.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member

I hope to finish playing the Ultimate Sim Challenge. I've never played a challenge from start to finish so I would like to do that.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I am going to play my Legacy family more this year. Which will be easy since I will have a lot more time to play.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited December 2018
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Finally get caught up on the "what happened in your sims game today" thread. I'm still reading posts from April!

I also have sinned and bought The Sims 4 digital deluxe for the sale price of $6.49. I shall continue playing both games, though.

@KevinL5275 - 10 lashes with a wet noodle. They tempted me with $4.99. I resisted. You know how many 2L Pepsis I could get with that $5.00?

Update: …and I get 40c back for deposit if I buy a Pepsi…

…oooh my wife told me that her work has Pepsis on 4/$5.00 - That would mean that I would get 80c deposit back on the $5.00 I spent and I’d have a better time with the Pepsi too. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I’d like to complete one of my video series. Specifically, The Isla Paradiso Bunch. It started me off on YouTube. Before IPB I’d never done a YouTube video.

I want to start doing more things on YouTube that are not sim related.

I also plan to have fun with the other YouTube video series I’ve been working on this year. The next chapter of Oscar’s Childhood is sitting on my computer at home waiting for my return. I’m currently engaged in an enforced period of no Sims playing due to no computer access until I get home in the new year.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

I don't generally make resolutions as I tend not to keep them, or forget what they were. I can always refer back or hope that @Charlottesmom who has a younger brain than me can help me find this if I want to track how I did. :grin:

I resolve to download @CravenLestat's male sim when he makes it.

I would like to get that new computer I've been talking about for 2 years so that I can play with all my stuff installed.

I will continue to play Sims 3 as the real life drama continues and I need an outlet that is just fun. Those who know me realize I have minimal drama in my stories as real life has too much!

I would like to finish one of my ongoing stories, but I love those families so it will be very hard to leave one of them behind.

I will not buy Sims4 even for $4.99. :tongue: I have a feeling this one is a keeper since I've not been tempted since it came out. :lol: They have yet to put the wow factor I need in the game to put up with all the stuff I don't like about it.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    I'm with you @Charlottesmom I need to cut down my Simming time a bit, but mostly my forum time. :confused: It's been consuming me to the point that I'm not giving my daughter the attention she needs or the house the attention it needs...... :pensive:
    When I find it becoming more important than those things, there's a problem.

I love all my friends on here dearly, but yeah, I'm thinking a break is in order for me this coming year too.

Our Prophet counseled us to do a 10 day social media "fast" and I've heard many people talk about how much they got done by doing so. I didn't jump right on that because I didn't feel the need to do it, but now I'm realizing there is a need.

Anyway, I usually set goals instead of resolutions too. ;) Here's to 2019 being A GREAT one for all of us! :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I don’t do New Year’s Resolutions but I’m certainly planning to play more the upcoming year than I have.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I used to want to cut my time back, but it's too good for my mental health!

And the forum is a great complement to get your "fix".

My resolutions are impossible, but I want to organize my screenshots and notes. (I tend to take more screenshots and writes more notes when I try to archive stuff because it hypes me to jump back in the game!)

I also want to play all the premade families (but the way I play, it will take decaaaaaades).

And I want to make creative stuff around my sims to practice my graphic and web skills (political pamphlets for Walter Grisby, comic strips, blogs, etc.)
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    Here's another one, I won't play without Nraas SP anymore. Not an optional install. I'm playing though now on my first save with SP and it feels like my first time playing the game.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Hejix wrote: »
    I used to want to cut my time back, but it's too good for my mental health!

Amen to that! ^ It's so therapeutic for me!

That's why it's hard for me to cut back on it.....

52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I don't do NY resolutions because I learned years ago that I don't have "won't" power. I don't even set myself goals other than to wake each day but that's more a hope than a goal ;)
    As for simming, I don't know that there's anything I want to change about it. I enjoy my daily (except in the summer heat) simming sessions. I have been slowly weaning myself off the forum over the last couple of months and will continue to do so but that's not so much a resolution than a reclaiming of my life :p
    Like @Charlottesmom mentioned I should also do more gifting. There's little I want in the Store for myself but am fortunate to be in a position where I can afford to be more generous to my fellow simmers.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I actually want to finish one of my stories without getting bored.XD
    I would love to move all my games to steam and get rid of Origin
    And I need to clean out my CC.XD
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited December 2018
    I actually want to finish one of my stories without getting bored.XD
    I would love to move all my games to steam and get rid of Origin
    And I need to clean out my CC.XD

@Springfairy556 , Finishing stories is a huge monkey on my back, I HATE having unfinished stories...but yet they sit unfinished, mocking me...
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @Charlottesmom
    I have about 5 recent ones, and upon doing google searches I found about 12 of them I started back in 2014 that I didn't finish.