Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

January 2020 Lunar New Year Steam sale!

ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
75% off Sims 3 games until January 27
Post edited by ZeeGee on

Comments

• Options
    Bump! This time the sale doesn't include everything but there's a bundle for Sims 3, Pets, Seasons and Generations for $12.36!
  • Options
    @nerdfashion Just so you see this
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited September 2019
    Thank you @ZeeGee! But, unfortunately, I just learned that my computer won't run the Sims 3, and I can't afford to get a new one. So it'll be a while before I can get the game.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    ZodiacCoffeeZodiacCoffee Posts: 9 New Member
    I have to say this is a great deal. Especially on the 4 pack.

Thanks ZeeGee
  • Options
    Bump! This is a short one, so hurry and get those EPS, 75% off!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2019
    This is perhaps a bit off-topic (sorry!) but it has just been announced that in addition Steam will be carrying TS4 and other newer EA games beginning sometime next year due to a brand new agreement between EA and Valve. Pretty surprising given the history here, but that may be of interest to those who might like to play these games with what we assume will be no Origin involvement. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    @igazor Really! Wow that is a big surprise. I’m very curious to know how and why that came about.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited October 2019
    igazor wrote: »
    This is perhaps a bit off-topic (sorry!) but it has just been announced that in addition Steam will be carrying TS4 and other newer EA games beginning sometime next year due to a brand new agreement between EA and Valve. Pretty surprising given the history here, but that may be of interest to those who might like to play these games with what we assume will be no Origin involvement. :)

There's obviously a lot that's still TBA, especially covering how various online features will work, and no news at all about older games like TS3. However, if we go by the information about the one EA game already available for purchase (pre-order) on Steam—Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order—both Steam and Origin will need to be running at the same time while you play. It's kind of buried in the fine print on Steam's product page, but the gist of it is, you buy from Steam, you sign into Origin to link the two accounts, and from then on, Origin runs "quietly" in the background every time you launch the game through Steam. Here's the page, if anyone's interested:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1172380/STAR_WARS_Jedi_Fallen_Order/

The rumor is Apex won't require Origin involvement, but I don't know that it's official yet. At any rate, whatever I think of Origin, I'd much rather use it alone than have to run both Origin and Steam. What I really hope is that linking accounts wouldn't affect the installs of people who own TS3 through Steam, because the whole point of buying through Steam was to not need a game launcher in the first place.

ZeeGee wrote: »
    igazor Really! Wow that is a big surprise. I’m very curious to know how and why that came about.

Among my favorite misquotes of all time: "The answer to all your questions is money."
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    Ubisoft were the first to require both launchers, Steam and Uplay, to run with their games, and I guess EA now got similar terms. Let's hope for you guys on Steam that they don't follow suit with Sims3 on this one. It's probably a good idea to make a backup of the *.exe files, in case the game is hit by a forced Steam update.
  • Options
    Hal2003Hal2003 Posts: 27 Member
    For me will be more interesting to see Sims 3 worlds like Roaring Heighst or Dragon Valley or maybe Simspoints on Steam as i can get ballance on Steam. As i know players wont be able to transfer game from Origin to Steam, only from Steam to Origin.
  • Options
    ingridmfingridmf Posts: 67 Member
    Is there a way to transfer EPs bought on Steam to Origin? I'm interested in the sale but I play on Origin since I have everything there.
  • Options
    Yes there is way in steam client clik on The SIms 3 on right side is links and there CD key, click on it and it will show keys for base game and all expansion you bought on Steam, copy key you want transfer and on Origin client under origin is Redeem Produc Code paste the key you got from Steam.
  • Options
    @puzzlezaddict I have gone through quite a bit of trouble and money to stay Origin free on my desktop and laptop. I’m going to be VERY seriously annoyed if Steam forces us to 1.69.
    Among my favorite misquotes of all time: "The answer to all your questions is money."

Very true. How naive to think they were doing this to help out simmers on Steam.
  • Options
    Hal2003 wrote: »
    Yes there is way in steam client clik on The SIms 3 on right side is links and there CD key, click on it and it will show keys for base game and all expansion you bought on Steam, copy key you want transfer and on Origin client under origin is Redeem Produc Code paste the key you got from Steam.

Thank you!

There's only Seasons, LN & Supernatural. I already have the first 2 and I have no interest in occult sims so :/
  • Options
    There will be Autum steam sale staring on 26th November and ending on 3rd December. But steam is not cheap at least in Europe. Like some shops like Amazon will may have on Black Friday or Cyber Monday better prices than Steam sale.
  • Options
    Whops Cyber Monday no plum Monday.
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    :lol: Heh, the word filter is funny. I guess it's a word you can use for trying to date someone via messaging.
  • Options
    Autumn steam sale started everything with 75 % discount.
  • Options
    @Hal2003 Yippee! Thanks, I've updated the heading.
  • Options
    ChiixsanneChiixsanne Posts: 64 Member
    edited November 2019
    I got everything... now I'm poor :D
    Now I wonder if we still can register them on our sims 3 store account lol
    *edit : we can and depending game you bought you may get points as reward... Yeah ! I now have at least 1 world beside Riverview from the store ! :D *
    Post edited by Chiixsanne on
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱thankyou
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    @Chiixsanne That's great! Not that you're poor, but that you got a new world with your points. Being poor is okay too, cause you got the Sims 3 so don't need money to go out anymore! :lol:

@Babykittyjade You're welcome :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the reminder!

I'm going to get some SPs (I only have High End Loft as of now), probably Master Suite, Outdoor Living and maybe Diesel. Do you guys recommend anything else?

As for EPs, I think I'm good
    • Occult and pets don't interest me so it's a not for SPN and Pets
    • Into the future doesn't seem appealing either
    • I don't see the point of Showtime with LN installed and Simport being a mess
    • I might be interested in Island Paradise but I'm scared my computer might start lagging with it installed (I have all the other EPs and it runs great so far. I don't want to buy it and have it mess up my game.
  • Options
    ChiixsanneChiixsanne Posts: 64 Member
    @Chiixsanne That's great! Not that you're poor, but that you got a new world with your points. Being poor is okay too, cause you got the Sims 3 so don't need money to go out anymore! :lol:

@Babykittyjade You're welcome :)

Yeah now I'm stuck home redoing my cc folder since I'm a big cc user (I originaly had base + 2 packs on origin but since it never get on great sales like Steam and I prefer steam anyway I bought everything there like I said but since I updated my computer to win 10 like 2 days ago I deleted my whole sims 3 cc folder thinking I won't play it soon since I'm more into sims 4 lately.... Until I see that sale who ruined me LOL) :D
  • Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    @puzzlezaddict I have gone through quite a bit of trouble and money to stay Origin free on my desktop and laptop. I’m going to be VERY seriously annoyed if Steam forces us to 1.69.
    If patch 1.69 does come it won't be Steam forcing it but EA.

I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p