Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods by bienchen83/sims4me

Comments

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited February 2022
    Please also make sure to remove my banquettabletuning mod If you decide to buy the pack.
    I'll update the mod asap.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    edited March 2022
    In my eyes at least, My Wedding Stories is a pack with high potential which has a stunning world and beautiful new animations. Considering how glitchy this pack is, though, I thought I'd post a little overview of the mods I (hopefully only currently) need to get this mess to actually work as intended.

I'll also link the two mod links here so that they don't get burried in the broken mods thread.
    1st link: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2998151/
    (this one is older, so for the mod sitatweddings, please use the second link)
    2nd link: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2999462/
    All of these mods are compatible with each other, but not all are good with Carl's wedding mod.

So let's go, shall we?

1. sitatweddings_WeddingGP:
    - Sims react to being seated as well as towards other group commands
    - the officiant ceremony with kiss now actually works (the one without kissing doesn't)
    - Sims can be sucessfully sent down the aisle after being seated
    - Other Sims will be more reactive to the couple exchanging vows/dancing

2. weddingpartyoutfitfix:
    - Sims will autonomously and directly wear formal wear during wedding and prewedding parties (except for bach parties)

3. betterfoodquality_boughtweddingcake:
    - wedding cakes will not spoil when you buy them. They will also be of excellent qualite
    Gameplay Tip: The cake can best be cut when the topper is removed, the couple is near the cake and the cake placed on a free standing 1x1 dining table

4. callofweddingstweak_WeddingGP:
    - restores the interaction to break up during the wedding ceremony
    - Sims can no longer get married twice in a row, there's renow vows for that

5. lessboredweddingreaction:
    - Sims will be less likely to react bored to your wedding

6. lessspousalkissfailure:
    - Sims will be less likely to bang their hands when attempting to do the spousal kiss. They will no do so only due to certain moodlets/traits

7. paireddancingtweak:
    - paired dancing lasts longer and will no longer be interrupted by other autonomous interactions
    - the failure outcomes for the interactions were tuned to make more sense

8. walkaislegoalfix:
    - having 2 Sims walking down the aisle together will fulfil the walk aisle wedding goal (if one of them is a betrothed Sim)

9. WeddingGPSocialstweak:
    - throwout of wedding party was moved to mean socials
    - Sims will no longer congratulate their partner to their own wedding/engagement
    - moved the ask to become officiant/flower pal/... interactions to friendly and added a distinctive thumbnail
    - added more negative outcomes to the express doubts about marriage interaction
    - plus various other new interactions will no longer clog the pie menu, some got new thumbnails
    - interactions will no longer be available on Sims you don't have even met

10. BGWeddinglocationsback:
    - unlocks more venues for wedding ceremonies

11. longerbatchparties
    - batch parties will last up to 24 hours
    - unlocks more venues for batch parties

Thanks for your attention and happy Simming. :)
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    @83bienchen I know you recently made the more grand meals mod modular. I was wondering about the the limited edition part. I know I have the rest of the packs, but I wasn't sure what packs this required. Thank you for all your hard work!
    edited March 2022
    @telemwill The Limited Edition is the Base Game Edition that came with the Black and White Party and the Costume Party. I made the Shrimp Cocktail into a grand meal.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Thank you! I should have that then.
  • ashlynette92ashlynette92 Posts: 37 Member
    @83bienchen for callofweddingtweak and sitatweddings which files do we need if we have the wedding pack?
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited March 2022
    @83bienchen for callofweddingtweak and sitatweddings which files do we need if we have the wedding pack?

Those are the file names. Callofweddingtweak is included in the first download and siteatweddings is included in the second.

It is a bit tricky because you need to download both links and extract the files inside you will find more .rar files, extract the files with the corresponding names to the ones you want, and move those to your Mods folder, then you can delete everything else. I made a new folder to put the .package files in and labeled it so I could find them again if they need to be updated.

Luthienrising posts a thread every time there is an update that lists broken/updated mods. You can find it under General Mods Discussion.
    Post edited by Bananas_45 on
    Exactly, thanks @Bananas_45. The update is already online a t Deichschaf so it should be easier now.

Callofweddingtweak and sitatweddings have both mod modules for those players that either don't have the new GP or use a mod to Resort BG weddings. The latter group can actually use both at the same time.
  • electricguestelectricguest Posts: 24 Member
    edited February 2023
    Hi Bienchen, you mentioned that not all your MWS mods play well with Carl's MWS mod - would you mind pointing out which ones are compatible/incompatible? I want to use as many fixes since they are focused on a bunch of different aspects of the pack but obviously conflicts need to be avoided
    Post edited by electricguest on
    c9rbsiq341hl.png
    edited March 2022
    Hi Bienchen, you mentioned that not all your MWS mods play well with Carl's MWS mod - would you mind pointing out which ones are compatible/incompatible? I want to use as many fixes since they are focused on a bunch of different aspects of the pack but obviously conflicts need to be avoided :blush:

I honestly do not know anymore. He's pushing out updates like crazy, making the mod larger and larger and thus keeping people from combining with other mods. I personally stopped using it because I didn't like how intrusive the mod was and how everybody kept making messes and using the phone during weddings and just not behaving at all and as I have a (conflicting) fix myself, I don't need the restored ability to throw basegame weddings - which is the only thing I know of Carl's mod does that other mods don't do.

I know for sure it conflicts with sitatweddings and BGWeddinglocationsback. Other than that, there's nothing worse that could happen than Carl's fixes overwriting mine so you could just try whatever mod you'd like to use.

• ashlynette92ashlynette92 Posts: 37 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Exactly, thanks @Bananas_45. The update is already online a t Deichschaf so it should be easier now.

Callofweddingtweak and sitatweddings have both mod modules for those players that either don't have the new GP or use a mod to Resort BG weddings. The latter group can actually use both at the same time.

Thank you but I meant in each folder there is a bg file and a wedding pack file.
    I have the wedding pack so for each mod do i just use the wedding pack file or the basegame files too?
    Usually the folders say "CHOOSE ONE" but it doesnt say so for either of those.
    I want the new weddings not the basegame ones and I dont have any mods reverting me back to the basegame ones. So do i just use the wedding pack versions of the files?
    edited March 2022
    83bienchen wrote: »

Thank you but I meant in each folder there is a bg file and a wedding pack file.
    I have the wedding pack so for each mod do i just use the wedding pack file or the basegame files too?
    Usually the folders say "CHOOSE ONE" but it doesnt say so for either of those.
    I want the new weddings not the basegame ones and I dont have any mods reverting me back to the basegame ones. So do i just use the wedding pack versions of the files?

The reason it doesn't say choose one is that you can actually use both at the same time without any issues - which might be interesting for players who use a mod to restore the base game weddings as an alternative to the new GP weddings. If you don't use such a mod, you don't need the basegame files, though.
    edited March 2022
    There's another minor update, especially

- a new version of my autoweddingring mod with rings from the new GP,
    - a fix for the broken ask for blessing to marry social interaction
    - ask to be officiant/flower pal/... have been moved to the actions pie menu
    - bouquets can now be bought with my buymore_phone mod in case your Sims notice at the aisle that they forgot to buy them in time (guess whom that already happened to...)
    - some of the GP outfits were set as funeral attire
    - and some more minor adjustments to make other existing mods better/more functional with the new pack

http://www.simfileshare.net/download/3004678/

Full list of content:

activitypreferencestweak
    autoweddingring_v4
    buymore_phone
    callandvisittweak
    funeral
    lessrainmoresun
    lessspousalkissfailure
    nostinkyvenuefridge
    paireddancingtweak
    romancematters
    sitatweddings
    smallpregnancyoverhaul
    swimmingisfunandhygienic
    swimmingisfunandhygienic_nofatloss
    traitoverhaul
    upgradebeds
    WeddingGPSocialstweak
    whimoverhaul

Best regards
    bienchen
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Is it your mod that move the socials for "ask to be..." into the "actions" pie menu? Because if it is, you are absolutely my hero.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    Yes, it is. I actually forgot to mention it in the description.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    I think Bienchen is the hero of a lot of people. Her mods are lifesavers!
    Thank you so much, @Ziafar.
  • Nyane21Nyane21 Posts: 152 Member
    edited March 2022
    First I would like to know that I love your mods. They saved my gameplay. I was wondering if you could create a mod to avoid that Sims wear shoes when wearing a towel or when wearing swimwear (on CAS too). I saw the mod "Sims will no longer wear shoes while swimming" tho, but they still wear shoes on the CAS. I would would like to know if you could try to fix two bugs where Chefs don't get inside to cook the meals in Restaurants and their no pots/pan are invisible while they are cooking
    no-foods.png
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Hi Bienchen, I've got a question about one of your mods: moregrandmeals has been split into files for packs, but there is no "moreconsumptionturns" file anymore in this folder. Is this one now included in the package files or doesn't it work anymore? Also what pack is "Limited Edition"? I don't know which ones to grab (except for the obvious ones) and what do delete...
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Another question - I am sorry - for the banquettabletuning mod there is the spooky file missing, is it included now in any of the other packages?
  • figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    Hi @83bienchen !

I absolutely love your mods, as they fix so much of the game issues for me.

I wondered if you would be willing to create a mod just like the "sims4me_washlaundryfix", but for dryers?

I keep having this issue in my game for a long time. After playing a while on one lot, the dryers just don't have the "dry laundry" interaction anymore. I put in wet clothes, and the interaction is missing, or sometimes it shows that "the laundry is already dry" note on a grayed out interaction. If I take the laundry out, the pile shows it's wet, or soaked. The only way for me to fix this issue when it happens is by going to BB and deleting the dryer and getting a new one. Such an annoying EA bug. I saw it's been opened on the answers ea for 2 years now, and still no fix.

Thanks for your consideration!
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @figgy, if you move the dryer into household inventory and then move it back, it fixes that issue, no need to rebuy it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    @Nyane21 , @figgy: I'm not taking requests atm due to my health issues. Not at all, I'm sorry. I started to work again today and don't have any time and energy left on the side.

@Dakota88 : Moreconsumptionturns is the file that has been split up into several packages, so they're all parts of the Former noconsumptionturns file. Limited Edition is the one that comes with the black and white and costume party (I already answered that a few posts above).
    The spooky part of the banquet mod did not get an update, that part of the mod just got missing somehow by accident. You can keep it if you still have it or wait for the next update to include it again.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Nyane21 wrote: »
    First I would like to know that I love your mods. They saved my gameplay. I was wondering if you could create a mod to avoid that Sims wear shoes when wearing a towel or when wearing swimwear (on CAS too). I saw the mod "Sims will no longer wear shoes while swimming" tho, but they still wear shoes on the CAS. I would would like to know if you could try to fix two bugs where Chefs don't get inside to cook the meals in Restaurants and their no pots/pan are invisible while they are cooking
    no-foods.png

Sims 4 studio has a batch fix to remove shoes while wearing a towel. If you have CC shoes showing up in categories you don't want them to you can use Sims 4 Studio for that as well. Before you run any batch fix you will need to remove any CC eyelashes and any default replacement cc you have as they can be broken. Not to worry if something does get screwy after running a batch fix, the original file is saved in your Sims 4 Studio folder.

Here is info on how to fix the problem where chefs won't enter the restaurant:

EA has a help thread started for the issue with the pots and pans that you can add your experience to.
  • Nyane21Nyane21 Posts: 152 Member
    I hope you get better soon @83bienchen. Thank you @Bananas_45

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top