Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is a weird question but....

Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
I have been playing TS4 since launch and only today have I found that (through cheats) stoves can get dirty?

nwQsN98.png

And you can clean them too.

I have a household that I'm currently playing since the launch of GF I play every week multiple days and the stove never goes dirty. The bathtub on the other hand it's dirty every week. There's 3 sims cooking and bathing in that house almost everyday. Is this a bug? How does a stove get dirty?

And the table too. My sims never had a dirty table in their lives, can sims make it dirty by eating food in it? I know there's people who hate doing chores in the sims but it just boosts my immersion since it's an everyday thing to do.
mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Comments

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Yep. They definitely can. My sim probably cleans the stove twice a week between her and her roommate when they cool at home. My counters definitely get dirty from Sims eating off of them at bar stools. Reminds me when I was amazed to see the bartender cleaning the bar that had gotten dirty after multiple use in the night. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Yep. They definitely can. My sim probably cleans the stove twice a week between her and her roommate when they cool at home. My counters definitely get dirty from Sims eating off of them at bar stools. Reminds me when I was amazed to see the bartender cleaning the bar that had gotten dirty after multiple use in the night. :)

I don't know how I never see this, maybe they don't cook enough in it. That's so strange. ahaha

The bartender one I have seen actually. I like details like this, amazes me.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    double post.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    @sigzy05, stoves will get dirty without cheats too...trust me. It is not that common though, but it happens over time when cooking, at least with some stoves. Cooking skill might factor into it too...can't remember the last time I had to have my sims clean the stove, but I know they have. I've had maid service in my current game for a very long time though (3 generations and counting at this point).

Table on the other hand...never. I never noticed the cheat to make dirty worked on tables even...but then...never had a reason to shift-click a table with testing cheats on. Fascinating to know it can happen. Maybe if you have no countertops, your sims will prepare food on a table? Honestly...no idea...or maybe it gets a little dirty when eating, but cleaning up plates cleans the table too? You have me very curious now.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I've never gotten dirty stoves either but my sims always use the really high end ones. Never seen a dirty table too. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Maybe it's because I usually only cook group servings, and then live off leftovers, but my stoves don't get dirty that often.
    I'm sure if I cooked individual single-serving meals for each Sim they'd get dirty a lot faster.
    Counters that my Sims use to chop/prepare ingredients before transferring them to the stove definitely get dirt a lot faster.
    So much so that I wish COUNTERS had upgrades for dirt-resistant coatings, like stoves can get. :mrgreen:

Though I've seen more charred burnt stoves than dirty ones in my time, that's for sure.
    And wow I have literally NEVER seen a dirty dining table.
    Reminds me of how a high-chair can get dirty when a toddler smacks the food off of it... except it's a table!
  • Options
    WarpStarsWarpStars Posts: 17 Member
    I like using the cheat to make every single countertop, stove, table, toilet, sink, shower, etc. dirty in my Sim's neighbors homes just to make them mad if they're rude to my Sim :3c
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Dirty stoves I'm used to, they got dirty (faster!) in Sims 2. Pretty sure though that I have NEVER seen a dirty table...
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Maybe these things are easier to happen if you have certain lot traits, like Filthy.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I have never seen a dirty table in the game before :o
    Stoves and counters yes, but not with regularity or with a pattern I can see. It seems a bit random depending on the household. I'll have houses where the toilet gets dirty very often but never the kitchen and viceversa (even with the same quality objects).
    I find it very cool that you can make objects dirty with a cheat but I never use it myself.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    You can make things dirty (and clean) through shift+clicking the object with cheats on? When did this happen?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I want to say since City Living, but I am not 100% sure
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Maybe these things are easier to happen if you have certain lot traits, like Filthy.
    I don't think so. I have an orphanage that has the filthy trait and I haven't noticed anything getting dirty particularly any more than a normal lot. Maybe the trait doesn't work? The stove is more likely to catch fire than get dirty and I have never ever seen a dirty table. Counters, yes, but not a table.
  • Options
    I don't think so. I have an orphanage that has the filthy trait and I haven't noticed anything getting dirty particularly any more than a normal lot. Maybe the trait doesn't work? The stove is more likely to catch fire than get dirty and I have never ever seen a dirty table. Counters, yes, but not a table.

Maybe it's only to give the aesthetic for storytelling or something, because in all my time playing, I've never had to clean up a dirty table ever.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    I never knew about the cheat to make things dirty. LOL Why would anyone wish to do such a thing on purpose? :open_mouth: No, things will get dirty over time with lots of use. Trust me. I think one of my Sims, who is rather high in her cooking skills, must be just like me. I make a mess no matter how hard I try to be careful. I stir batter and the unmixed flour flies out of the bowl. (I swear it's possessed.) I stir something on the stove and inevitably, it lands on the stove top. (Generally, right after the stove has had a good cleaning, too.) Oi! There's no help for me. I wear an apron almost all of the time. It's a nice little trick that I can spill something on my clothes despite the apron. I have lots of talent. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    In my game my stoves, counters, tubs, sinks, showers, toilets all get dirty at some point. Some more frequently than others but nothing out of the ordinary. That's funny that some people have never had the stoves get dirty. I usually notice something is dirty when my sims get the filthy surroundings moodlet. I will say, sometimes the darker your counter & stoves the harder it is to see the grime.
  • Options
    TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    I will add I also have never seen a dirty table before either. Everything else yes, but never a table.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I've seen a dirty stove plenty of times, but never a dirty table.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options

I don't know, but I have to try that trait!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited December 2018
    Never saw the dirty table. Dirty stove infrequently.. maybe I've seen it 3 times. Then we have to clean the floor after a fire.
    Would be kind of nice if we had to clean the fireplace with much use or at least in front of it.
    I like details like this too... but I don't like them to happen too often.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Never saw the dirty table. Dirty stove infrequently.. maybe I've seen it 3 times. Then we have to clean the floor after a fire.
    Would be kind of nice if we had to clean the fireplace with much use or at least in front of it.
    I like details like this too... but I don't like them to happen too often.

I've only recently learned about cleaning the floor after a fire myself; I actually believed it was a new feature?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think the lower quality stoves get dirty more frequently, along with lower quality food -- they're usually one of the items I try and replace with higher quality items early on (first bed, then shower and toilet, then kitchen appliances).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I found this several weeks ago, and are you ready for this?

You can shift click the floor with testing cheats on and make puddles and start fires. It's a lot of fun.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member

You can shift click the floor with testing cheats on and make puddles and start fires. It's a lot of fun.

Really? Start fires? Very interesting indeed! Thanks for sharing that info, I had no idea! >:)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Really? Start fires? Very interesting indeed! Thanks for sharing that info, I had no idea! >:)

Yup. It's great fun with the "start fires in any lot" module of the More Deadly & Intense Fires mod. >:)