Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A romance pack coming?

SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
I noticed a new shirt and sweat shirt for the female sims..... it has a heart with a ring around it, could it mean a romance or wedding pack is coming soon?

Comments

• Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    That's part of the new update. There was some new CAS for the Baby Ariel and Sims collab.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I noticed a new shirt and sweat shirt for the female sims..... it has a heart with a ring around it, could it mean a romance or wedding pack is coming soon?

Sadly that's just a Baby Ariel thing but I still think the next Gamepack will be a romance theme.
  • HausieHausie Posts: 25 Member
    When I first saw thoses shirts, I thought about future, space, aliens and I was like "Are we going to get a pack about space?" but yeah, it's only about Baby Ariel.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Hausie wrote: »
    When I first saw thoses shirts, I thought about future, space, aliens and I was like "Are we going to get a pack about space?" but yeah, it's only about Baby Ariel.
    It’s funny, first I saw a ring and a heart (romance & wedding), then I also saw the rings of Saturn and also thought about a pack about the future.... lol.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    That's part of the new update. There was some new CAS for the Baby Ariel and Sims collab.
    Is baby Ariel the only real celebrity in the pack?
  • HausieHausie Posts: 25 Member
    > @SheriSim57 said:
    > Hausie wrote: »
    >
    > When I first saw thoses shirts, I thought about future, space, aliens and I was like "Are we going to get a pack about space?" but yeah, it's only about Baby Ariel.
    >
    >
    >
    > It’s funny, first I saw a ring and a heart (romance & wedding), then I also saw the rings of Saturn and also thought about a pack about the future.... lol.

I know right! I was so hyped at first but then I realized it was for Baby Ariel :'(
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

That's exactly what I thought.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • UtauIAUtauIA Posts: 28 Member
    Even though those hoodies and shirts were just for the update, I feel like a pack for romance is a possibility. Maybe a parenthood/romantic gardens combination? I remember there being a fanmade pack based on a rustic wedding scene. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that would come in a stuff pack. The closest we have to rustic would be Laundry day anyways
    UtauIA wrote: »
    Even though those hoodies and shirts were just for the update, I feel like a pack for romance is a possibility. Maybe a parenthood/romantic gardens combination? I remember there being a fanmade pack based on a rustic wedding scene. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that would come in a stuff pack. The closest we have to rustic would be Laundry day anyways

We already have both Parenthood and Romantic Garden neither of which are true romance packs. Now they could do a Tropical Beach Destination for Sim Couples like Sims Freetime Did and with a Honeymoon Destination.
  • WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member
    nope..........who knows what the sims and ea have in store for us......hints are just teasers to keep us interested.
    James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks
    I've got my fingers crossed a Romance Gamepack will be announced this month.
  • JennyNoelleJennyNoelle Posts: 22 Member
    A strictly romantic game pack is unlikely, as Romantic Garden Stuff exists and any improvements of the current system would likely come as an update or as part of a larger pack.

However, one of the gurus recently discussed the possibility of weddings being improved in the future. Like, with more gowns and the like (using some of the designs from the Rustic Wedding Stuff idea in other packs).

Though, since they aren't likely to use a theme more than once, I would prefer the rustic/country theme to wait for a separate pack, like in a future farming expansion, where it might see better use.

For similar reasons, I would be against a tropical destination with an emphasis on romance. It's a much anticipated world, and a lot of people want something similar to TS3's Island Paradise - with beaches, swim-able oceans, lifeguards, hotels, scuba diving, mermaids, etc.
    We'd have to give up something so they can fit it into what will likely only be TS4's only tropical game pack.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    A strictly romantic game pack is unlikely, as Romantic Garden Stuff exists
    Does anyone really count Romantic Garden as a romance pack I sure don't a ugly wishing well does not cut it for me the only real romance added since release of base game is a few interactions in Dine Out. I'm hoping for a Sims 2 Nightlife type pack that will add dating mini games turn ons/turn offs and the much desperately needed slow dance.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    A strictly romantic game pack is unlikely, as Romantic Garden Stuff exists and any improvements of the current system would likely come as an update or as part of a larger pack.

However, one of the gurus recently discussed the possibility of weddings being improved in the future. Like, with more gowns and the like (using some of the designs from the Rustic Wedding Stuff idea in other packs).

Though, since they aren't likely to use a theme more than once, I would prefer the rustic/country theme to wait for a separate pack, like in a future farming expansion, where it might see better use.

For similar reasons, I would be against a tropical destination with an emphasis on romance. It's a much anticipated world, and a lot of people want something similar to TS3's Island Paradise - with beaches, swim-able oceans, lifeguards, hotels, scuba diving, mermaids, etc.
    We'd have to give up something so they can fit it into what will likely only be TS4's only tropical game pack.

Romantic Garden isn't a romance pack it just gives you romantic settings outside plus there is no indoor romantic stuff. Only one new romance option is splashing your love while sitting at fountain.
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    A strictly romantic game pack is unlikely, as Romantic Garden Stuff exists
    Does anyone really count Romantic Garden as a romance pack I sure don't a ugly wishing well does not cut it for me the only real romance added since release of base game is a few interactions in Dine Out. I'm hoping for a Sims 2 Nightlife type pack that will add dating mini games turn ons/turn offs and the much desperately needed slow dance.

This.
  • akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    I agree that Romantic Garden Stuff wasn't really a romance pack. At least in the sense that it didn't add anything the community was asking for in terms of improved romance within the game. I would absolutely love a romance themed game pack in February, but I'm not hopeful.
  • Cinders27Cinders27 Posts: 34 Member
    Agh I’m crossing my fingers so much for a romance GP soon, I have wanted an overhaul of the system since I got the Sims 4...
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    I am not 100% sure what a romance pack would or could do, but if it does come out, I hope it isn't just a new (slow) dance and new romantic interactions and 5 new woohoo locations, but also a new system similar to the turn on and turn offs in Sims 2.
    I mean, something that would make some sims more attractive than others.
    Hope that makes sense.
    Perhaps that would affect friendships too, to a degree...
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    I am not 100% sure what a romance pack would or could do, but if it does come out, I hope it isn't just a new (slow) dance and new romantic interactions and 5 new woohoo locations, but also a new system similar to the turn on and turn offs in Sims 2.
    I mean, something that would make some sims more attractive than others.
    Hope that makes sense.
    Perhaps that would affect friendships too, to a degree...

There is plenty a Romance Pack could add and yes Chemistry and Attraction are one of those.
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I would LOVE for their to be a chemistry- love pack. I think the amount of detail that could potentially add to the game (turn-on and offs, chemistry, maybe speed-dating events, blind dates etc.) would go a LONG way
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    The Introduction of a chemistry system (Turn ons and offs, attraction, whatever it's called) could make or break such a pack in my opinion.
    I mean, Imagine: Sims 4 GP "Romantic encounters" is announced, and it adds blind dates, love letters, valentines day decor and some new romantic interactions, slow dancing, six different new kisses, and 15 woohoo locations...
    I would be like "That's it?"
    I mean, yeah, it would give the sims a few more things to do in that area of the game, but all of that is stuff that adds a new flavor to things we could already do. We already can send flirty text messages via phone. Make them write a letter on paper and put it in the mailbox, and let the answer also come via mail. That is, at best, one new animation, maybe two or three, if the sims do stuff like hugging or kissing the letter. We already have dates. Add an option so you can have a date with a random Sim you never met, and you have a blind date. There is dancing, and new dances have been added before, there are already multiple kissing interactions, flirting interactions, and we have multiple woohoo interactions, and new ones have been added before.
    So out of the things I've mentioned, nothing seems worth spending money on. At least to me.
    But then again, I bought the bowling stuff pack to get one hairstyle and Get Famous for the clothing... (I know. Shame on me)
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    The Introduction of a chemistry system (Turn ons and offs, attraction, whatever it's called) could make or break such a pack in my opinion.
    I mean, Imagine: Sims 4 GP "Romantic encounters" is announced, and it adds blind dates, love letters, valentines day decor and some new romantic interactions, slow dancing, six different new kisses, and 15 woohoo locations...
    I mean, yeah, it would give the sims a few more things to do in that area of the game, but all of that is stuff that adds a new flavor to things we could already do. We already can send flirty text messages via phone. Make them write a letter on paper and put it in the mailbox, and let the answer also come via mail. That is, at best, one new animation, maybe two or three, if the sims do stuff like hugging or kissing the letter. We already have dates. Add an option so you can have a date with a random Sim you never met, and you have a blind date. There is dancing, and new dances have been added before, there are already multiple kissing interactions, flirting interactions, and we have multiple woohoo interactions, and new ones have been added before.
    So out of the things I've mentioned, nothing seems worth spending money on. At least to me.
    But then again, I bought the bowling stuff pack to get one hairstyle and Get Famous for the clothing... (I know. Shame on me)
    And even R&B and smooth jazz
    edited January 2019

Lots of great ideas especially the 6 new kisses. I would hope one of those would be added to the bed when sims are relaxing in it and I mean in the bed not on like we have now. We also need some new sofa kisses. We need a kiss peck option especially when meeting up and when ending a date like TS2 had. Now I'd be happy if they'd recycle the kiss they do when they propose engagement. That could be used for a kiss peck. They recycled the first kiss option for the mistletoe kiss in Seasons.

With Love Letters if they return I"m hoping we get to keep them in the sims inventory so we can go back and read them and perhaps place them on an object in the game like a night stand or on a wall and let the sim be able to read them.

Woohoo Spots I'd be happy with only 2 if they were the shower and sofa.

New objects should include the vibrating heart shaped bed with a different woohoo animation like we had in Sims 1 and lip sofas that would make couples want to make out on them and give them a moodlet for making out on them.

I like the name Romantic Encounters.
  • Cinders27Cinders27 Posts: 34 Member

I agree, like you say a Romance pack would need to include a new system not just a rehash of what we already have.

I want to see crushes introduced, unrequited love (because you can’t love everybody and they shouldn’t be able to get married to someone they met for the first time 5 minutes ago), better love confessions, romantic reputation, turn ons / turn offs, actual cheating implications and more dynamic dates... not much then!