Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Candle Lit Chronicles ~ Updated 4/15

Hi everyone!

So... I figured since I'm pretty serious about my simlit, I'd start a thread about it. You know, everyone else does it, so why not?

TCLC's story follows a vampire named Saint Germain (based somewhat on the actual historical figure), who lives with a young mortal named Noah.

The story started in kind of a fluid form on the Bare Your Fangs! vampire thread about a month ago and has morphed into something crazy and unexpectedly serious. (For the record, I still post updates and insights on that thread and I'm not going to stop just cause I've made this one.)
The beginning chapters are a little disjointed, but that's a symptom of going from "just for funsies screenshots" on here to like, an incredibly-long-hours-sitting-at-my-computer-trying-to-get-the-best-shot-possible-for-this-really-dramatic-moment type of thing.
Eventually I will redo the beginning and make it cohesive with everything post chapter 5.

That being said, please take a look! I know vampires don't appeal to all, but to those of you that do take the time out of your busy schedules to read my story, thank you so much!

Here are some handy links:

Cast of Characters Page
Main story feed

Uh... I guess that's all you really need to get started. :flushed:

Happy reading!
Post edited by Laura_Jones on

Comments

• Options
    Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    Just letting you know that since I finished Part 15 this weekend the first major arc in the story has come to its climax, and we will now be moving into uncharted territories!

Ooooo.... :open_mouth:

I am currently busy designing new characters who will be introduced soon, so this is a great time to catch up if you haven't!

Thanks for reading, have a great day! <3
  • Options
    Part 16 is now live. I took a break for some Cmas shopping and a family mem's birthday celebration but I'm baaack!
    Things should start getting pretty interesting from now on, story-wise. Trying to get back into my groove as far as writing is concerned. Taking a week off makes things difficult, but we shall bring this inertia back up to proper speed!

As always, thanks for reading. <3
  • Options
    The next installment, Part 17, has been published! Have a good one, everybuddy. :3
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    *brings out the update more stick from the other thread* heheheh
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    @RedDestiny92 Yes ma'am D: Don't hurt me, I'm working on it!!
  • Options
    Part 18 is now up! It's a short one, but it's been a little while and I needed to get back into the rhythm of things. Enjoy~
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Ooh well worth the wait, it sets the mood I can't help but be curious about what helps Wolfgang hide so well aside from the monster I feel like he's in something of a puppet mode. Maybe that is off and the monster is on it's own but it's like there is something for him that in spirit is like the order for Germaine. Maybe even a force that has no characters but something else, darker that can't be controlled so many questions I wish this were a better review so I'll need more chop chop....okay you know I"m kidding but it excites me for the future. Well done as usual :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    @RedDestiny92 Hehehe..... you might be onto something but I'm not tellin'!
  • Options
  • Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    So seldom lately, but yes, worth the wait.
  • Options
  • Options
    @Simberella777 Hehe..... funny you should say that! Just finished the next chapter. <3
  • Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    Haha yes, I checked again just an hour later and found it. I need to keep my patience in check. Thank you! I'm just so obsessed with it.
  • Options
    FeroshaCoutoraFeroshaCoutora Posts: 142 Member
    Bookmarked! I just started reading and I love it!
    Dark Family Comedy & Paranormal Romance

r0AD3AN.jpg
  • Options
    I just devoured (ha) every chapter. It’s so good! Your screenshots are amazing and the story is so compelling, I couldn’t stop reading. I am anxiously awaiting the next installment!

r0AD3AN.jpg
  • Options
    @FeroshaCoutora
    Thank you very much, I am so happy you're enjoying it. :3 I am a little slow updating lately but I'm not going to stop!
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Alright, finally got around to reading this and everything, the screenshots, the setup, is just brilliant. Absolutely superb!
  • Options
    @afai1261 Thank you so much-- for taking the time, and for the compliments... I'm really happy you like it. <3
  • Options
    edited February 2019
  • Options
  • Options
    kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited August 2019
    another really nice chapter.
    Post edited by kirivian on
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • Options
    kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited August 2019
    good job
    Post edited by kirivian on
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • Options
    @kirivian Ah, I have been blessed by your divine presence in my thread... life is good. <3
    To reply to some of your observations... namely, the drug laced blood thing; the problem with the blood isn't that it's laced, per se, it's the fact that it's being harvested and sold on the black market which would imply there is an unwilling donor... most likely. So, that's when the Order gets involved, since humans are being exploited and bad vamps are being bad, as they do. So! There's nothing wrong with lacing blood, if they wanna do that, but of course the drug thing would just be treated as any other drug thing no matter if they're vampires or humans.

The advice scene was something I really wanted to pull off well, timing-wise.. making sure people knew they were getting advice at/around the same time, and that it was mirrored but not exactly the same. I enjoyed putting Luka and Noah together for this especially, since we never see them alone, let alone talking to each other. I was hoping it gave the impression that maybe they've bonded a little bit since Luka has been living in the mansion for a while protecting Noah (and now Aylin), which wasn't something I ever had the opportunity to show since it just didn't come up. And as for SG and Aylin, he is still her "teacher" although, seems like nowadays their lessons are a little more hands-on than it used to be when they were just in the library all the time, so I think he feels it's kind of up to him to express to her that there are times when vampires don't drink blood (he has the guilty drinker trait for this exact reason), as well as explain the weirdness she witnessed in his room. Then, knowing she now knows what haunts him, there's really nothing keeping him from expressing more of his feelings that he keeps hidden away from everyone else... he knows he can trust her, and she clearly trusts him too, so I think it's a sweet gesture for him to give her advice, since he knows she does care about Noah, even if she's pretty aloof to his... well, I won't say "advances". But you know what I mean. ;) I think he wants to get the ball rolling for Noah just as much... since he knows he is shy and needs a BIG push.

As for chapter 22.... glad you found it so amusing! :P No but really, I'm not surprised you were, cause I was really going for that like... build up and then let down sorta thing, as you know. But yes, I'm glad you say it's exactly what would have happened, because it is! Her first kiss, yes, but stolen in a jealous fit, instead of being a loving moment like she'd prefer. So yes... it is all playing out exactly as it should. :naughty:

Glad you enjoyed the new stuff, babycakes. I'll get more up soon!
  • Options
    First of all ::devours new chapters, holds out bowl:: I would like some more please o:)
    I love how you write tension between characters. Saint Germain reads as someone who is wound so tightly, so it seems like when he loses control, he is doubly disappointed in himself. I am concerned that his determination to self-sacrifice (like drinking the blood when he knows what it does to him!) is going to get him into trouble! I was yelling in my head: Let Gabriella help you!!!!! My poor Saint :(

r0AD3AN.jpg