Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New stuff added in patch

I laid out all the 'new things' added in the game in one spot so I could look at it in the game and decide what to add to my sim's house right away. Grabbed 2 quick photos in case anyone here is like at work or whatever and wants to see the things in game. Sorry, no artistic quality involved...just quick shots. lol

tumblr_pjy9fpHNcH1tkpp11o1_1280.png
tumblr_pjy9fpHNcH1tkpp11o2_1280.png

I decided to keep the mason jar candle-lights, so those were moved to a nice shelf in the living room. Also keeping the smart-speaker, and putting that in the living room on the coffee table. The rest I deleted, no real place for them atm. Do like the garland with pine cones though, and will use it the next holiday season and can see the fireplace and yule log getting use in the homes of sims who don't have nor want a real fireplace.

The picnic table with padded seats is decent too, if that's your thing. I like more rustic looking picnic tables generally, but I can see it having a place depending on general outside decor.

Next step, taking my sims into CAS once my girls get home from work.
This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
The Winters family Tree --- My Mods

Comments

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Thanks =) nice to look at the new things.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    The smart speaker has a music option to "play something random"...I really like that. I have a ton of custom music across almost all of the stereo channels, will probably use that random feature a lot.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Thank you for this!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Nice video up that highlights all the new stuff and changes, you can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=txhbfuzKxWw
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Thanks for posting this x
    For the CAS additions, the baby Ariel stuff in my game isn't getting the "moved to top and tagged" so that I can quickly find new stuff, but here's some of the new things:

tumblr_pjybtthjNU1tkpp11o1_1280.png
    tumblr_pjybtthjNU1tkpp11o2_1280.png
    tumblr_pjybtthjNU1tkpp11o3_1280.png

More beneath the spoiler tag:
    tumblr_pjybtthjNU1tkpp11o5_1280.png
    tumblr_pjy9fpHNcH1tkpp11o3_r1_1280.png
    tumblr_pjy9fpHNcH1tkpp11o4_r1_1280.png
    tumblr_pjy9fpHNcH1tkpp11o5_r1_1280.png
    tumblr_pjy9fpHNcH1tkpp11o7_r1_1280.png
    tumblr_pjy9fpHNcH1tkpp11o8_r1_1280.png
    edited December 2018
    @Zeldaboy180...haahah, i didn't even know she was a real person and not just made up for the game until I read in the forums about her. I was fine with her when I thought she was just some pre-made EA did, so I can't react negatively now that the cat is out of the bag; it wouldn't make sense to suddenly take issue just because I know the IRL truth. Honestly, she is a pretty Sim.

Besides, the clothes are decent additions to the game. I really like the crop top and hoodie. Be better if they had more color choices though.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    For the CAS additions, the baby Ariel stuff in my game isn't getting the "moved to top and tagged" so that I can quickly find new stuff, but here's some of the new things:

That actually is a cute top...but...everything else baby Ariel nah...

Love the items and CAS items :)

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

tumblr_pjybtthjNU1tkpp11o2_1280.png
    tumblr_pjybtthjNU1tkpp11o3_1280.png

I think this stuff is cute especially for my teen females. I don't see anything that specifically ties it to Baby Ariel. I agree with those who find her an unnecessary irritation though.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I like the sweatshirt and the hoodie -- those will probably be part of my female Sims (and maybe some of the guys') fitness wear. (Confession: I deleted Baby Ariel from my current save before playing it but I can always bring her back in.) These items are fairly innocuous -- if they hadn't mentioned Baby Ariel I would just figure it was more free stuff.

The decor items are nice as well -- has anyone checked out the new recipes to see what level a Sim has to be to make them? I'm just updating my game now -- probably won't have much of a chance to play until I get home this evening (dinner out then some light grocery shopping with my husband) but look forward to checking out the new goodies.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited December 2018
    @stilljustme2 I haven't actually ever seen her in the game once...played through 2 whole generations already since she was added. I have seen her in the household management screen, but not in the game. She shows homeless and has not aged at all.

How/where is she supposed to show up? If she had a home of her own originally, MCCC clearly doesn't like her either and kicked her out straightaways.

I forgot all about the recipes! OMG...how could I do that. Checking them right now.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    I'd never heard of Baby Ariel until Get Famous.

Simmers, who’s eighteen, a ton of fun, and totally perf?
    All right, so you may have read the headline. It’s Baby Ariel!
    And, you can grab Baby Ariel-inspired pieces in not one, not
    two, but three games. Starting. Right. Now. Check out the
    below to learn about the fun you can have in your favorite
    The Sims™ game!As part of the PC base game update*
    (more on that tomorrow), you can dress Sims in Baby
    Ariel-inspired tees, hoodies, and sweatshirts. Plus, with The
    Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion Pack*, you can catch Baby Ariel
    singing songs and strumming a guitar in your Sims’ world!

Then again I don't fit the 18 year old target market. :p I do love the outfits though, so no complaints.
    For those who don't like her why not just delete her from the game, rename her, or give her a makeover, or age her up to resemble one of your favorite celebrity singers.
    Don't have the new food option for any of my sims who are all already level 10 in cooking and gourmet cooking. Hope it isn't a mod conflict and just caused by them having maxed the skill before the recipes existed.
    edited December 2018
    @stilljustme2
    Winter Cake is cooking skill, level 2
    Crown Roast is cooking skill, level 7 and can use fresh ingredients of 2 potatoes and 1 (any herb).

Now to begin the process of figuring out which of my 15 food-related mods made them not show up in my game.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    The new cake is GORGEOUS. Someone on Tumblr just posted a picture.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
    @Elisabetta, awesome! Going to make one myself in about a minute. Tracked down the mod causing my issue to one of LittleMsSam's from the looks of it. Just 2 more mod swaps and I'll have the culprit and can get to baking!
    Pictures of the food added, Crown Roast and Winter Cake. The cake can have either birthday candles or a wedding topper added as well, unlike some of the cakes, which is nice.

tumblr_pjyjomhDAJ1tkpp11o1_1280.png
    tumblr_pjyjomhDAJ1tkpp11o2_1280.png
    tumblr_pjyjomhDAJ1tkpp11o3_1280.png
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    No offense, but so SICK Of the baby Ariel plum. Did they not learn their lesson with katy perry? At least katy perry is a recognizable celebrity and not some lip syncer on an app for tweens.

Setiously, nothing against her as a person, but I don't want her in my game.

200% agree. Why EA WHY?!?!
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Pictures of the food added, Crown Roast and Winter Cake. The cake can have either birthday candles or a wedding topper added as well, unlike some of the cakes, which is nice.

tumblr_pjyjomhDAJ1tkpp11o1_1280.png
    tumblr_pjyjomhDAJ1tkpp11o2_1280.png
    tumblr_pjyjomhDAJ1tkpp11o3_1280.png

woooo that food looks amazing. They did a good job there. What does the cake look like sliced?
    edited December 2018
    keekee53 wrote: »
    woooo that food looks amazing. They did a good job there. What does the cake look like sliced?

I agree, they did a really good job with these two foods. Makes me wish all the foods were this well done!

Sliced, the cake has two different looks depending on how many slices you've taken. The first is when anywhere from 1 to 4 slices have been removed, and the second when 5-7 have been taken. (at 8, it's an empty plate)

tumblr_pjyjomhDAJ1tkpp11o4_r1_1280.png

tumblr_pjyjomhDAJ1tkpp11o5_r1_1280.png

• mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Thanks for posting all these, Stormkeep. I hardly played the game since the terrain tools patch, I got a lot of catching up to do!
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited December 2018
    I think this stuff is cute especially for my teen females. I don't see anything that specifically ties it to Baby Ariel. I agree with those who find her an unnecessary irritation though.

Same honestly. The clothing is so simple and cute that I wouldn't have known if you told me. Can have Sims wear these pretty casually unlike the novelty that is Sweets Treats. Haven't bothered looking up anything about her and I've only seen her sim in game like once?

Celebrities in games is nothing new even since the first Sims game.

Anyhoot really like the new goodies.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Same honestly. The clothing is so simple and cute that I wouldn't have known if you told me. Can have Sims wear these pretty casually unlike the novelty that is Sweets Treats. Haven't bothered looking up anything about her and I've only seen her sim in game like once?

Celebrities in games is nothing new even since the first Sims game.

Anyhoot really like the new goodies.

Agree, I just looked at the clothes and like...? Everyone wears this. LOL. They're so extra. 🙄
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    Tried the new recipes. That cake is beautifully decorated. <3 And you have the regular options of adding a wedding topper or birthday cake for a winter wedding or winter birthday celebration.

9u5ypLC.png