Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There needs to be an update or hotfix fast

I have so many bugs lately and I only have ja out of the two that came out this month until Christmas and have all other packs bar spooky stuff and now it's became so laggy and so much more bugs like when woohooing my sims get stuck and if I can't unstick them they stay there until they die and toddlers and highchairs adults just don't want them to be on it and just comes and let's it out and so much more anyone else?

Comments

• RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    I found the easiest fix if Sims get stuck after romantic actions (like when they move into a T-shape in a hot tub) is to go into build mode and move the object slightly (sometimes exactly where it was). I do not know if is this is what you are experiencing with woohoo. Regarding the high chair, is your high chair connected to a table, or is it just sitting separate?

I know there are a multitude of bugs that plagued the PC and are now sitting in the console.
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    I can't go into build mode when in salavadora if that's what it's called and I had to restart the game and I have had the high chair both ways and still happens I know why don't they just fix the bugs before bringing over to console but I hope console gets a hotfix or something soon
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    High Chairs are still broken on the PC Version so that's to be expected with the Consoles.
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    I got frozen in build mode. I had to exit and then load the game again. I lost my build. I also started a new game, built a house and saved and they when I went back to play later it had all gone. The Sims were living on the lot but the house I built had gone. It was a blank lot.
    That's happened to me a few times now woth new game saves.
    I got frozen in build mode. I had to exit and then load the game again. I lost my build. I also started a new game, built a house and saved and they when I went back to play later it had all gone. The Sims were living on the lot but the house I built had gone. It was a blank lot.

Hmm that's weird. Hope this bug gets addressed. Have you mentioned it to SimGuruLegacy and SimGuruJoystick on Twitter?
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    edited December 2018
    I've been having a lot of bugs lately, too. Just from the ones I can remember...
    • I've had Sims switch to cold-weather outfits indoors when the heat's on.
    • I've had Sims run out of rooms when a blizzard starts when they're inside or in a basement. Bonus points when they do it in a room that has a fireplace (Of which my current household has about five. One in the master bedroom, one in the butler's bedroom, one in the living room, one in the study, one in the home office).
    • I've come out of Build Mode when a Sim's on the stairs and they just clip to the ground under the stairs (this has happened so many times I've actually put a door under the stairs into a half-bath, and I've started using that area as a storage room, I really should switch out what stairs I use since you can see under them).
    • I'm constantly having Sims use bathroom sinks instead of the kitchen sink or dishwasher to clean dirty dishes even when the latter two are closer.
    • I've saved and quit with Sims at work or school only to come back and see they've left early.
    • I've come out of Build Mode and the music will persist so many times I've just turned off the Build Mode music (which also turns off the main menu music).
    • I've adjusted a wall or room in a basement only to have something above ground be moved to my household inventory.

So yeah, please fix the consoles? I want to keep giving you my money. Also, add more teenagers, I'm making my me-Sim's daughter (currently a teen) a lesbian Player and I ran out of females to hook up with and had to make a household with three of my own.
    Much of this happens in the pc version still, and is fixed with mods. Are the sinks better in the bathroom? If so, they prefer higher quality at times. My Sims run out naked or in swim trunks, so consider yourself lucky. It is a good day if all that is happening is they weed the easel. I find persisting music comes from staying in the menu too long, such as slow loading.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    But console players don't have the option of using mods. I don't believe that the modding community should be relied on to fix broken aspects of a game on any platform. Patches would be greatly appreciated from the developers.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    I know it's still on pc but why is it still on console too we shouldn't have this much bugs like I dunno why we have high chairs my adult sims just take them out every two seconds
    If it's not fixed on PC it won't be fixed on console.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    _natalie wrote: »
    True and I bet we ll get the Pennticles Camera Bug in Get Famous. It continually pans up to the sky. This hasn't been fixed on the PC so expect it on consoles once Get Famous releases.
    I never expected console to be ahead of pc when it came to patches, but I cant believe we're this far behind.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    True and I bet we ll get the Pennticles Camera Bug in Get Famous. It continually pans up to the sky. This hasn't been fixed on the PC so expect it on consoles once Get Famous releases.

Is pennticles camera an item or a feature...?
    RionAgrias wrote: »

Is pennticles camera an item or a feature...?

What I mean is when your at the pennticles one of the neighborhoods in DSV the camera pans up in all the mansions and even outside.
    I guess I was confused because the fancy area is called pinnacles.
    My gane has started to slow down which i notice it tend to do after around a month or two of a patch coming out. We are overdue a patch. So many bugs. I don't think we have had a patch since before seasons came out.
    I never expected console to be ahead of pc when it came to patches, but I cant believe we're this far behind.

Its a shame they cant prepare the patch for pc then prepare it for console straight after and release the patch for both pc and console at the same time.
    My gane has started to slow down which i notice it tend to do after around a month or two of a patch coming out. We are overdue a patch. So many bugs. I don't think we have had a patch since before seasons came out.

SimGuruLegacy said on Twitter an Update is coming out right before Get Famous in February.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I have about 300 Sims and I never had my game run so slow before the patch that added the Sim limit.

There's been some times where I've selected CAS from the world map to create a new character and it loads... and loads... and loads but never actually gets into it.
    2quwd7.gif

It's because the more sims you have on your world can slow the game down too because the way you can change how many sims you want to have in the game they say 150 max because after that your game can run slow but I know what you mean they fixed the loading screen between worlds to run faster and as soon as cats and dogs came out it slowed down again and was never fixed this is why I think open world should of been in place when I say open world I mean that you don't have to wait for the screen to load to see your neighbours or go to the places on your section of that piece of the map does that make sense? I feel that's why I don't go much places in the sims because it's just mostly waiting on loading screen time
  • NeedrarNeedrar Posts: 141 Member
    Maybe it is just me, but my loading times are ok. And no, not fast. But ok. I have played games with worst loading times. (Skyrim anyone? (The first edtion not the last one).
    I feel that's why I don't go much places in the sims because it's just mostly waiting on loading screen time

Preach! 🙌🏻
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    The main thing is none of this was fixed in the patch haha